Replay Rules

/dev/null

Can we have the people trumpeting the great call against Pittsburgh (as they did 100 times here last week) argue that they are always right by the rules, now that he Bills were screwed by replay officials calling whatever the frig they want for no reason at all and no accountability?

I hope all of you in the "get it right" crowd are happy with what replay has brought you.  Just another way to introduce arbitrary rules interpretations to the game, if not outright manipulation.   Officiating is worse than ever and replay is the direct cause.

• Like (+1) 1

NFL, please revamp your Instant Replay Policy !!!

Overall, I get it...getting the calls right is the main objective but your current policy is killing the spirit of the game and the fan experience.

Here are my thoughts & contentions to your policy:

1- The league is being way too technical in these reviews. Trying to make a decision on a play by watching it in super slow motion is a problem, what's a catch?

2.- When reviewing a play, watch at live speed (not slow motion) and make a decision. If inconclusive after viewing the play on the tablet at live speed, then the play should stand as called on the field.

3- The instant fan interaction suffers when everyone has to lie & wait for these scoring reviews to take place...hold your  cheers, wait for it, wait for it...the league is killing the fan experience.

So NFL powers to be, please revamp your Instant Replay Policy so I can enjoy the game again...

Signed, 

Loyal Fan :'(

2 hours ago, BuffaloWings said:

It was EXTREMELY close.

Because of that alone, they shouldn’t have overturned it.

I really was not extremely close.  If gained control with a foot in the air - which is a completely inconclusive decision by the league -  he still drug his foot before he went out, you can see the dirt flying. 

The ref on the field made the correct call. 

It's inexplicable.....if it was ruled incomplete and they came to that conclusion after the review I could possibly stomach it. But there is no !@#$ing way anyone with eyes can look at that play and say there was indisputable evidence that it wasn't a catch after they called it as such.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's inexplicable.....if it was ruled incomplete and they came to that conclusion after the review I could possibly stomach it. But there is no !@#$ing way anyone with eyes can look at that play and say there was indisputable evidence that it wasn't a catch after they called it as such.

You haven't watched Pats* football in recent years, huh?  Par for the course.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Yup. Was a rough call. Lots of rough calls in every NFL game every week. Refs are human. Think you can do better?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Become-an-NFL-Referee

!@#$ off.

It wasn't the call ON the field. The problem was the secret viewing session in NYC. And yes, I could easily sit and watch replays to decide these challenged calls.