Add James Harrison for pass rush presence (update: signed by Pats*)

Lenigmusx

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’m curious as to what kind of “inside info” people think Harrison will impart to Belichick that he hasn’t already figured out. 

True.  BB owns Tomlin.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This from the guy who once sported a "Free Hernandez" hat in public and beat up a guest "for acting gay" at his birthday party.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pouncey is just stupid.

What did he think Harrison was going to do....retire?

Still, to sign with their biggest rival in the AFC this year just weeks before they will likely meet in the play-offs and of course provide all the details of their defense to said rival... can't help his legacy.

15 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Still, to sign with their biggest rival in the AFC this year just weeks before they will likely meet in the play-offs and of course provide all the details of their defense to said rival... can't help his legacy.

What James Harrison legacy?  They never played him then they waived him.  He cleared waivers and the pats signed him.  What player has ever been waived and refused to be signed by a conference rival?  This is the NFL--it's every man for himself.  

And NE already has demonstrated for years that it knows all about the Steelers D.

To the crowd that thinks the Patriots got Harrison for intel.........11-2.......Brady and NE have won 11 out of the last 13 vs the Steelers........they don't need help there..........they want him because they have no one who can rush the QB.........it just suck that all those vets are lining up to play with them...it happens EVERY year....

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

What James Harrison legacy?  They never played him then they waived him.  He cleared waivers and the pats signed him.  What player has ever been waived and refused to be signed by a conference rival?  This is the NFL--it's every man for himself.  

And NE already has demonstrated for years that it knows all about the Steelers D.

You don't think Harrison has a legacy with the Steelers? I do. Your last season with a team doesn't define your career.

I agree that it is easy to see why the Steelers let him go (although the timing seems odd) and why he took the new job, but is is a sad end to his tenure in Pittsburgh being used as one of Belicheck's info gathering pawns.

9 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You don't think Harrison has a legacy with the Steelers? I do. Your last season with a team doesn't define your career.

I agree that it is easy to see why the Steelers let him go (although the timing seems odd) and why he took the new job, but is is a sad end to his tenure in Pittsburgh being used as one of Belicheck's info gathering pawns.

I really don't.  And players have forever proven that they aren't very concerned about these things.  They will always move on to the next team that will pay them.  Why should he be viewed differently?

And everyone has already pointed out that there really isn't any more info BB needs to get about Tomlin's team.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I really don't.  And players have forever proven that they aren't very concerned about these things.  They will always move on to the next team that will pay them.  Why should he be viewed differently?

And everyone has already pointed out that there really isn't any more info BB needs to get about Tomlin's team.

The past is the past, though. The Steelers outplayed NE in the most recent game and should have won. 

On 12/27/2017 at 6:11 PM, Mr. WEO said:

He's the Steelers with the most sack...ever......and had one of the most memorable play in SB memory for Pitt ( 99 yard pick six vs Arizona ).....until this week, he was a beloved Steelers....

On 12/27/2017 at 10:04 PM, frostbitmic said:

I'd love to see Harrison take out Brady's knee at practice.

A mole/plant by Pitt with assignment to take out Brady - that would be next-level  

2 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

He's the Steelers with the most sack...ever......and had one of the most memorable play in SB memory for Pitt ( 99 yard pick six vs Arizona ).....until this week, he was a beloved Steelers....

Did Peyton Manning "ruin his legacy" by joining a conference rival after his beloved team released him?

No, he still wanted to play and he didn't care about his legacy with the Colts.