[Misleading Title]Chargers QB benching

Bing Bong

Decision to start Peterman at Chargers, a good one?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have started the Chargers game?

• Nathan Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod was horrid in Saint's game I agree, but not against the Jets.  To equate Peterman's historically bad 5 INT first half performance with either is laughable. 

Peterman gave us just as much chance to win the Chargers game as Tyrod gave us to win the Saints or Jets, and that was no chance.

Tyrod Taylor was awful in the jets game until the last 5 minutes when it dawned on him we were getting annihilated and he started actually throwing the ball.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Peterman gave us just as much chance to win the Chargers game as Tyrod gave us to win the Saints or Jets, and that was no chance. Tyrod Taylor was awful in the jets game until the last 5 minutes when it dawned on him we were getting annihilated and he started actually throwing the ball.

If you say so.   The score in the Jets game was 10-7 and they should have had a FG before the half.  Matthews fumble ruined that. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Peterman gave us just as much chance to win the Chargers game as Tyrod gave us to win the Saints or Jets, and that was no chance.

Tyrod Taylor was awful in the jets game until the last 5 minutes when it dawned on him we were getting annihilated and he started actually throwing the ball.

you forgot to add the pats game at home. that was a doozy. 65 yds, no tds and a whopping 3 points from the offense.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If you say so.  

Down 7-10 at the start of the second half in a perfectly winnable game, Tyrod Taylor has 4 consecutive drives totaling 41 yards total. (3 Drives totaled 9 yards. 4th drive drive we fumbled)

That was the difference that game. The Jets drove down the field. We went 3 and out.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you forgot to add the pats game at home. that was a doozy. 65 yds, no tds and a whopping 3 points from the offense.

Yeah, I was going for more of a pre-benching argument, but you are right. Tyrod needs to step up in those games or he absolutely deserves benching.

Edited by What a Tuel

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Down 7-10 at the start of the second half in a perfectly winnable game, Tyrod Taylor has 4 consecutive drives totaling 41 yards total. (3 Drives totaled 9 yards.)

That was the difference that game. The Jets drove down the field. We went 3 and out.

Yeah, I was going for more of a pre-benching argument, but you are right. Tyrod needs to step up in those games or he absolutely deserves benching.

Yeah. The OL was dominated in that game just like the DL was on the opposite side.  Amnesia?

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman looked average at best in preseason.  He showed himself to have spotty accuracy and no poise under pressure.  He got a chance to start and showed he was completely ill-prepared to meet the challenge.   You can keep trying to lean on how Tom Brady turned out as hope for him, but it has nothing to do with this situation.

It has everything to do with what I’M talking about. Maybe it doesn’t to you.  You stated peterman wasn’t an unknown because you saw him play in college and preseason and had concluded he’s a project with backup potential.  There are hundreds of players that have improved and evolved as players in between college/preseason and their first game.  Tom Brady is one of them.  To say that you knew that Peterman would suck because of what you saw in college and preseason is a sham.  You thought he would suck and you were right.  You definitely didn’t know.  You don’t have enough access to know.  That, I know. 

50 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah. The OL was dominated in that game just like the DL was on the opposite side.  Amnesia?

Just like the OL was dominated vs the chargers.  You’re arguing the same points on both sides.  Tyrod failed because of the OL vs the jets, but Peterman failed because you knew he sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It has everything to do with what I’M talking about. Maybe it doesn’t to you.  You stated peterman wasn’t an unknown because you saw him play in college and preseason and had concluded he’s a project with backup potential.  There are hundreds of players that have improved and evolved as players in between college/preseason and their first game.  Tom Brady is one of them.  To say that you knew that Peterman would suck because of what you saw in college and preseason is a sham.  You thought he would suck and you were right.  You definitely didn’t know.  You don’t have enough access to know.  That, I know. 

Just like the OL was dominated vs the chargers.  You’re arguing the same points on both sides.  Tyrod failed because of the OL vs the jets, but Peterman failed because you knew he sucks.

owned.

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Tyrod played well under the circumstances while Peterman panicked under pressure and threw 5 FN INTs in one half of football.  Huge difference!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

57 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yet the Chargers knew and said they saw everything they needed to know about Peterman in preseason. So they can be right but fans can't be?

This board is a joke that Peterman has this many defenders and is winning the poll. Lmfao

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod played well under the circumstances while Peterman panicked under pressure and threw 5 FN INTs in one half of football.  Huge difference!

Figures that would be the only you replied to. We lost the game. Tyrod lost equally.  Here’s his chance.  7 minutes left 1st half. Our ball. Tie ball game.  Show us why you’re starting 

Out of bounds on the deep ball.  Big shock.  Fail

[This is an automated response]The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

8 hours ago, fansince88 said:

@PetermanThrew5Picks, how do you feel about that time in the Saints game that TT took the sack for a 15yd loss instead of throw the ball away. I would really love to glean from your fields of wisdom!

Actually, Peterman has done well in backup.

Some pretty good names on this list. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

Brett with 8int in a game. Joe Ferguson with 5. 

Tyrod is 8-6 as the starter. Peterman is 0-1. I prefer drafting a QB rather than putting all my faith in a 5th rounder. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He drops back way too far. He makes silly decisions on 3rd downs, which he is praised for bc he doesn't do turnovers, but he doesn't do much of anything else either.

That and the play design. Why are we starting McCoy 7 yards back for a 3rd and 2? 

hjJCTlr.jpg

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Sad 1

If we don’t make the playoffs, you guys should look more at the Panthers and Bengals games. The Chargers walked all over our D regardless of what happened to Peterman, Taylor would of never put up enough points to win. The other two games are what killed this season

• Thank you (+1) 1