[Misleading Title]Chargers QB benching

Bing Bong

Decision to start Peterman at Chargers, a good one?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have started the Chargers game?

• Nathan Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that anyone believes Peterman should have started. It was a mistake. At the same time there’s no reason to rehash it on the verge of a huge couple of weeks. Let’s move forward and focus on what needs to happen to get into the playoffs.

Wrong.

Tyrod needed to be benched.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Direhard Fan said:

TT is a good QB.  Our OC is not a good OC.  Put the blame where it belongs.  TT is fun to watch.  Why do you think we are in the playoff hunt?  Luck?  OC making good calls?  "D"  Yup you got it.  Our DC has been great with the personal he has.  TT has been great with no good receivers.  

He’s been “great”?  Good lord ?. Expectations are so low.  

• Haha (+1) 2

With Rosen and possibly Jackson being the only NFL  ready QB.s I think that Peterman will be more ready than any other QB that the Bill's can draft. Remember that they traded the picks in the first round and they obviously didn't know what they had in Peterman., hence Beane saying were going to draft a QB. Things change , it could be a ploy , it could be true ,or they may take a QB with one of their multiple picks ,or trade their picks for one. Most of the posters are already on board with trading multiple picks for a chance to move up. It is a crapshoot, to move up and you have to sure when you invest that amount of rehsourses in it.See the Manual, Losman and Watkin's trades. I have heard that Rosen is the only sure thing in the draft and he is going to be long gone when the Bill's make their pick. Therefore i think it is Peterman's job or a retread until Peterman or another rookie can seize the job.

Edited by Wily Dog
spelling

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one knows whether the Bills would have won if Taylor started, but Peterman (McDermott) made sure they had absolutely no shot. 

But of course, after two crap showings by Tyrod, people here were saying they had no shot of winning UNLESS McDermott made the switch. 

Please don't deny starting Peterman was not only a popular decision, but also generating a great deal of excitement among the fans. 

You can blame McDermott for making a mistake, but so did everyone who wanted Peterman over Taylor  I personally don't think either QB wins the game because of way the O-line and defense performed. You know for damn sure what the narrative would have been if Taylor started. "Why oh why is McDermott so stubborn sticking with Taylor?"

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Welp screw it. the people have spoken. Peterman should have started. Talk abut Billsy.

EDIT: I get it's ancient history,. but for Pete's sake we talk about the Bills going limp in the Raiders game in 2014 to this day. Everybody gets frustrations about blown games to subpar teams with playoff ramifications :lol:. Here's mine.

Time polish off that egg nog.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

13 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Welp screw it. the people have spoken. Peterman should have started. Talk abut Billsy.

EDIT: I get it's ancient history,. but for Pete's sake we talk about the Bills going limp in the Raiders game in 2014 to this day. Everybody gets frustrations about blown games to subpar teams with playoff ramifications :lol:. Here's mine.

Time polish off that egg nog.

Peterman is .500 as a starter.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

5-10 for 57 yards and 1 TD.  Killed it! :lol:   

Right, you forgot to mention 4 drops by WR. 

Every ball he threw was spot on that day. 

Your 7 year vet being pushed and pushed hard by a 5th rd rookie. 

Not even debatable who the better QB on the roster is.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Right, you forgot to mention 4 drops by WR. 

Every ball he threw was spot on that day. 

Your 7 year vet being pushed and pushed hard by a 5th rd rookie. 

Not even debatable who the better QB on the roster is.

He definitely throws a very catchable ball.  I'll give him that.

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

This board is beyond dumb to still say Peterman should have started. He threw 5 picks, giving up 24 points off of turnovers.

Stupid thread. 

I started the thread. Blows my mind Peterman is getting more votes.

I said before the game that it was a mistake to put Peterman in. Tyrod got us to where we were, he deserved to continue until out of playoff contention. Primarily because you have a green rookie you're putting in during a playoff race.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Oh, my bad.  It’s not an unknown because you saw him play before.  Riiiiiight. You said he was a project with backup potential = he is a project with backup potential. At the time he made the start, Peterman WAS an unknown.  He hadn’t taken a meaningful snap.   The head coach and OC, who are currently employed in the NFL thought the project with backup potential might be an upgrade over tyrod.  I think this all boils down to one thing.  The staff has very little faith in TT.  Whether or not he is the better QB at the time is irrelevant.  If you’re the starting qb you must earn the trust.  TT did not.  

What were your thoughts on Tom Brady’s career at Michigan?  Project with backup potential?  Or did you know he’d be the best qb ever?  Did you know Deshaun Watson would be so special? Did you throw a brick through the tv when we didn’t select Watson?   I said  draymond green was a great player at mich st and would be a great player in the nba,  I said knew that Zach Lavine sucked at UCLA and would never make it in the nba.  I’m sure there were many things that you thought to be true that turned out to be false. Hence, unknown until proven otherwise.  The obnoxiousness in your written tone is what rubs me the wrong way,.  Because you saw Peterman play, you knew he would suck.

I’ll ask again since you failed to reply the first time.  How did you think Peterman played vs the colts?

I’m not saying Peterman is a good qb.  I’m saying I don’t know that he’s a bad qb.  Does tyrod give us a better chance to win at this point?  I’ll answer yes, knowing that there’s a chance Peterman can make that statement false.....because I don’t know how good he is based on what we’ve seen.  The only thing I know is that the front office will try and acquire a qb to replace tyrod,  Why? Because we know he’s not good enough to be our QB of the future,  You included. 

How has tyrod done throwing the deep ball THIS year?  Pretty good if he’s trying to connect with the WR running out of bounds.

Me too. I’ve been holding out hope all 3 years and that will continue while he’s our QB.  The potential is there.  The improvement on that potential hasn’t been.

With regard to McDermott's decsiom making you somehow think he's above reproach because he's the HC?  Not even as we have seen with both personnel and in game decisions.  Mentioning Tom Brady, DeShaun Watson, Draymond Green, and Zach Levine in a discussion about this particular rookie QB is puuzzling since none have a darned thing to do with any assessment of what Peterman brings to the table as an NFL prospect.   It's a farcical  way of talking about him as he has his own set of strengths and weaknesses that make him who he is.  You want to hold out hope that he'll develop into something more beyond what I see in him, then that's up to you. 

How Peterson did against the Colts is pretty much a throwaway given the conditions under which the game was played.  Now with regard to Tyrod, I'm not looking for any real improvement because he is who and what he is.  I like many others am hoping for the BIlls to draft a potential franchise QB, but that's for the seasons ahead.  In the interim of what's left in the 2017 he remains the best QB on this current team as I have posted many times. All of this silliness about man crushes and CoT is a bunch on nonsense.