I tried but I'm a homer

section122

13 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I still refuse to get all worked up and excited. I'm hopeful but I also know all too well what it feels like to watch playoff football without the Bills being in the tournament so I'm cautiously optimistic about the playoff's but excited about the future because it really feels different than in past years.

This is where I was all season I can't do it anymore.  I'm pumped for Sunday.  Agree that it just feels different.  I can't quite put my finger on why but it does.

17 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I'm heading up to Patriot-land on Sunday for the traditional Christmas Eve with the in-laws and will be fully outfitted in Bills gear.  Unfortunately, I don't have a sweater like that Raiders fan in the commercial for the NFL Shop.   GO BILLS!!

Love that commercial. 

11 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I have a strange feeling about this game, like something magnificent is about to happen.

On the other hand, maybe it's just gas. 

Gas can be magnificent too.

44 minutes ago, section122 said:

we were but the Steelers and Ravens were leading the wild card at 9-5.  Then there were the Chiefs and Chargers at 8-6.  We had a shot but were at the bottom of "other contenders."  I'll give it to you though.  I blacked that year out.  That loss to the Raiders was BRUTAL.

Had we beaten the Raiders and Pats, I think we made it in.

6 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Had we beaten the Raiders and Pats, I think we made it in.

Not sure but I thought we would have lost the tie breaker to the Ravens anyway but what a crushing loss at the time.  Its fuzzy but your point stands so I'll amend it and say for the second time in 13 years.

38 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I'm heading up to Patriot-land on Sunday for the traditional Christmas Eve with the in-laws and will be fully outfitted in Bills gear.  Unfortunately, I don't have a sweater like that Raiders fan in the commercial for the NFL Shop.   GO BILLS!!

I'm in exactly the same boat.  My in-laws, brother-in-law, etc all Pats fans.  I can hear the arguments about the games starting already.  They'll be trying to make my kids Pats fans too which pisses me off to no end...  Merry f'n Christmas!  Go Bills!

3 minutes ago, Bills Fan in Beantown said:

I'm in exactly the same boat.  My in-laws, brother-in-law, etc all Pats fans.  I can hear the arguments about the games starting already.  They'll be trying to make my kids Pats fans too which pisses me off to no end...  Merry f'n Christmas!  Go Bills!

This is great for you.  After the Bills beat the Patriots you can rub it in your in-laws face and not lose your kids to the dark side!

1 hour ago, section122 said:

I tried to keep it cool.  I tried not to get wrapped up in playoff hopefulness.  I tried to remain a "realist."  I tried to stay away from buying in.

I can't.

I'm a homer through and through.  Sitting at work sipping kool-aid on this fine Friday before Christmas and it's delicious!  Screw all the negative Nancies!  For the first time in 13 years we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in week 16.

The Bills will beat the Patriots this Sunday.  This is the game we will look back on as when the Bills finally overcame the patriot hump.  This is the game where Brady's magic runs out.  This is the game where we take control of our own destiny.  This is the game where we all get back on board with the process.  This is the game where the Bills finally win a game that matters.  This is the game where we all get a Merry Christmas.  This is the game.

Go Bills!  !@#$ the Patriots!

I like it.  Pass the spiked eggnog and here is to all of us having the merriest Christmas in terms of the Bills in a long time.  Honestly, it is the most winnable game Buffalo has had in NE that Brady is playing the whole the game in 17 years.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Iraq Vet said:

Average Bills Fan today Me all week "My heart has been broken too many times... I just can't"  :cry:

Average Bills Fan this Sunday Me yesterday "Let's go Buffalo we can beat these cheaters...." :beer:

Average Bills Fan this Monday :worthy:

Just now, Bills Fan in Beantown said:

Nothing would be better!

Honestly a win on Sunday would absolutely make my year.  

What a Christmas present it would be!

That is actually what started me thinking down this path.  So many of us have just chalked this up to a loss and only a Christmas miracle would save us.  Well I DO believe in miracles.  Let's go Bills!

I tried to keep it cool.  I tried not to get wrapped up in playoff hopefulness.  I tried to remain a "realist."  I tried to stay away from buying in.

I can't.

I'm a homer through and through.  Sitting at work sipping kool-aid on this fine Friday before Christmas and it's delicious!  Screw all the negative Nancies!  For the first time in 13 years we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in week 16.

The Bills will beat the Patriots this Sunday.  This is the game we will look back on as when the Bills finally overcame the patriot hump.  This is the game where Brady's magic runs out.  This is the game where we take control of our own destiny.  This is the game where we all get back on board with the process.  This is the game where the Bills finally win a game that matters.  This is the game where we all get a Merry Christmas.  This is the game.

The best part about it, is we're going to have a shot at it in week 17, regardless of what happens in Foxborough. Obviously, I want to open up a can of whoopass on the Pats* but even if we lose, we still have a shot in the final week of the season. Considering it's the first year of a new system, with a talent-deficient roster, It's exciting thinking about the future of this team, even if we dont make the dance this year.

This is great for you.  After the Bills beat the Patriots you can rub it in your in-laws face and not lose your kids to the dark side!

I have lost my 2 daughters to the dark side but my son remains a die-hard Bills fan, God bless him!

2 hours ago, section122 said:

I can't.

At 5:00 PM on Sunday you will be cured and will hate Tyrod Taylor.

There's really only two possibilities for this specific game...a very meaningful one for the Pats and Buffalo.  

Either the Bills get blown out.

or

The Bills stay right in the game till the end but still lose... and we look back on one turnover or one gut wrenching call (or bad call) that turns out to be the difference.