Bills do worse in 2nd matchup vs the Patriots

Jerry Jabber

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

If you say so, but past history isn't suiting up on Sunday irrespective of the trend analysis. 

BellyCheat, Brady, Gronk ... will be suiting up Sunday.  That's a lot of past history.  Not saying the football gods can't smile down on the Bills Sunday, but it certainly is not where the smart money is.

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

BellyCheat, Brady, Gronk ... will be suiting up Sunday.  That's a lot of past history.  Not saying the football gods can't smile down on the Bills Sunday, but it certainly is not where the smart money is.

Of course as they are the better team as everyone already knows. 

16 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think Dennison is the issue.  

It is certainly troublesome having the feeling your OC cannot/will not adjust his system to his players, specifically to: (1) Taylor's strengths and (2) the run game, which as of late has shown to have more success with the power blocking than zone blocking. 

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If you say so, but past history isn't suiting up on Sunday irrespective of the trend analysis. 

You're dismissing this as past history, but failing to realize there are two constants in all of this, Brady and Belichek. Belichek is a master of breaking down film, looks for any little tendency and trains his coaches/assistants to do the same. Here's a good video on that, Phil Savage (former Browns GM) talks about Belichek taking 20 minutes to breakdown everything in just one play (start at 15:49): 

5 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

You're dismissing this as past history, but failing to realize there are two constants in all of this, Brady and Belichek. Belichek is a master of breaking down film, looks for any little tendency and trains his coaches/assistants to do the same. Here's a good video on that, Phil Savage (former Browns GM) talks about Belichek taking 20 minutes to breakdown everything in just one play (start at 15:49): 

I realize that Brady and Belichick are the constants and who doesn't.  That's exactly why the Bills have to be unpredictable in the second meeting much in the same way Miami was in their 2nd meeting with the Patriots where they unveiled new formations and personnel packages that they had not shown previously this season. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I realize that Brady and Belichick are the constants and who doesn't.  That's exactly why the Bills have to be unpredictable in the second meeting much in the same way Miami was in their 2nd meeting with the Patriots where they showed new formations and personnel packages that they had not shown previously this season. 

I agree 100% I'm hoping McDermott and his staff will change up plays, formations, signals, etc... for this game and everytime they the Patriots in the 2nd (and hopefully 3rd) matchups of the year.

6 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Mcdermott got embarrassed by Bill and Brady last time. 

so yea..

So what jersey will you be wearing on Sunday...TB12, Meathead 87, or do you still have a Hernandez jersey you didn't turn in?

23 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Nice work.

Given the disparity between our 1st half and 2nd half play, as well as between our 1st and 2nd games against the Jets, with both indicating a worse Bills product on the field in the 2nd showing, I tend to think McDermott as of now is not a great adjustment maker. 

Regardless, let's break the cycle. 

I mean - we fumbled away that Jets game pretty badly if i recall.  Squandered some chances, and couldn't stop the run. 

10 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You're missing what the data shows.

The average margin of victory in the first game more than doubles from game 1 to game 2.

What is the constant here?  Brady, and Belichick.

The obvious conclusion is that Belichick learns and applies more to the 2nd matchup than the Bills coach, given the benefit of seeing what the Bills try to do against the Patriots in game 1, in any given year, with any given Bills HC, with any given combination of players.

If the Patriots cycled through coaching staffs and QBs like we have over the same time period, the data would be pretty meaningless, but not with Belichick at the helm over all these years.

It is true that BB has not yet had the double matchup in a single season with McDummy, but given his track record over a fairly sustained period of time against a wide variety of coaches, one could conclude he will get the better of McIdiot in the second matchup as well.

This doesn't mean, of course, that the Patriots will beat the Bills, or beat them by more than double the margin of victory in the first matchup.  It just means the odds show we are likely to lose.

The odds in a game of Blackjack don't favor the player either; doesn't mean you can win a single game in isolation.

7 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

You’re missing the point. The Patriots coaches and players are doing things so they are better prepared and have better results in the second matchup. Part of it was uncovered during Spygate as Patriots employees noticed teams like the Bills and Dolphins did not change their signals between games, so I’m sure that has continued. Seems the Patriots are better at reviewing film/game tape, deciphering signals and who else knows what they’re doing to get an advantage. 16 years, different Bills coaches, players and schemes, but still the same results.

Good points!