Woman killed & eaten by her pet pit bulls

\GoBillsInDallas/

1 hour ago, Pete said:

IMO there are no bad dogs, only ignorant, idiot owners.  When you have an aggressive breed, you must establish and always be the leader.   You don't sleep with your pitbull, nor does it walk in a door ahead of you.   I have seen many people who have zero control of their dog.  These people should not be dog owners.  They are the problem. Not the dog.  Get a parakeet 

I think a lot of what you said is true.  However I think there are bad dogs just like there are bad people. There are plenty of lunatics, criminals and maniacs that were raised in good homes. I don't see why animals would be any different. That doesn't even take into account mental illness. Sometimes people and animals just have a screw loose.

58 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think a lot of what you said is true.  However I think there are bad dogs just like there are bad people. There are plenty of lunatics, criminals and maniacs that were raised in good homes. I don't see why animals would be any different. That doesn't even take into account mental illness. Sometimes people and animals just have a screw loose.

There very well may be bad dogs, like people.  If that is true, it is much, much rarer IMO to be born a bad dog then a being born a bad person.  Have you read up on the Michael Vick fighting dogs?   Almost all of them went back to being the faithful, beautiful dog that they were born to be.  Almost all found new loving families, and almost all dogs returned the love expotentialy.  There were a few dogs(3 if I recall right) that could not be rehabilitated, and had to be euthanized(perhaps born bad dogs, or perhaps suffering irreparable mental duress from fights).  

https://stories.barkpost.com/vicktory-dogs/

1 minute ago, Pete said:

There very well may be bad dogs, like people.  If that is true, it is much, much rarer IMO to be born a bad dog then a being born a bad person.  Have you read up on the Michael Vick fighting dogs?   Almost all of them went back to being the faithful, beautiful dog that they were born to be.  Almost all found new loving families, and almost all dogs returned the love expotentialy.  There were a few dogs(3 if I recall right) that could not be rehabilitated, and had to be euthanized(perhaps born bad dogs, or perhaps suffering irreparable mental duress from fights).  

https://stories.barkpost.com/vicktory-dogs/

That may be true, but there is no way in hell that I would take in a pit bull (or any dog for that matter), that was raised to fight. I got enough  to worry about, no need to add another thing. 

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That may be true, but there is no way in hell that I would take in a pit bull (or any dog for that matter), that was raised to fight. I got enough  to worry about, no need to add another thing. 

Fair enough.  I am not sure I would want a former fighting pitbull.  And it is a no brainer if you have kids or no knowledge of dogs that you not adopt an aggressive breed fighting dog.  But I sure glad that there are people do rehab these dogs, and that they were not put down.   They are not the monsters the news suggests.  They are beautiful creatures.  

Pit bulls were the most popular breed about 100 years ago

OriginalNipper.jpg

Schools-out-our-gang-1930.jpg

image.png

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Fair enough.  I am not sure I would want a former fighting pitbull.  And it is a no brainer if you have kids or no knowledge of dogs that you not adopt an aggressive breed fighting dog.  But I sure glad that there are people do rehab these dogs, and that they were not put down.   They are not the monsters the news suggests.  They are beautiful creatures.  

Pit bulls were the most popular breed about 100 years ago

OriginalNipper.jpg

Schools-out-our-gang-1930.jpg

image.png

Well, like most things in this world. Humans are mostly responsible for !@#$ing it up.

Anyone who keeps animals like this around their home is freaking insane.

Just like the people I see sometimes walking a dog that is the size of them.

Oh look, there's a small horse rubbing his soiled ass on your sofa!

How nice!

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

???

English please. I don't speak FB.

And that's coming from: ME! :P:D

(I really tried, gave you a few minutes to edit)

This emerging "internet speak" is going to shove a nation of low attention span, poorly educated idiots over the edge.

The cell phone is going to be the end of civilization as we know it.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

This emerging "internet speak" is going to shove a nation of low attention span, poorly educated idiots over the edge.

The cell phone is going to be the end of civilization as we know it.

Would you consider it worse than a grown man who uses emojis in every post?

Here's why these kind of stories happen and why pits get a bad rap. First, go to any shelter across America and you will find that 90% of the dogs are pit bulls. Then ask on top of the adoptable pit bulls they have, how many are euthanized on a weekly basis. 

The problem with pits isn't that they're bad dogs, they're actually great. The problem is douche bag owners who think they can breed them and make a profit. What happens is you get "backyard" breeding and you get bad temperaments and bad genes. This cycle is endless. Then, some of these dogs that have no pedigree and were bred improperly end up in homes and these incidents occur. 

I've previously owned 2 pit bulls and they were sweet dogs. Awesome with kids. They are very very strong and anyone who owns them also needs to know HOW to own them and be responsible. About 10 years ago I did dog training professionally and we used to have classes for reactive(aggressive) dogs. Occasionally you would see pit bulls in the class, but more often than not, you had every different breed you can think of. Many of these dogs came from horrible back grounds like puppy mills and abusive owners. Some went to classes multiple times and had tons and tons of training and still would attack their owners or other people. Sadly some were put down. In my experience as a trainer, 99.9% of a dog's aggressive nature steamed from idiotic owners. People get a dog based on how it looks, they do no research into the breed and what being a responsible owner of a particular breed means. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

People get a dog based on how it looks, they do no research into the breed and what being a responsible owner of a particular breed means. 

The first dog I owned in DC I had to do a ton of research..lived in an 800sq ft apartment, middle of the District,  and thought some small breed of dog would e recommended. Was actually the opposite, as long as I was willing to devote the time to twice daily walk/exercise with the dog. So, my first black lab was rescued!

Having said that, it is amazing to me that shelters/ rescues continue to insist on fenced backyards for dogs. To me, that is the worst thing in the world for larger breeds, as owners get lazy and these poor critters never get any real exercise, and that fuels so much aggressive behavior . These pits I guess were in a crate/pen for a month before this incident, backyard aint a whole lot better.

Always notice disposition of most dogs that are "city" dogs as opposed to suburban dogs. City dogs generally get two walks a day, tons of interaction with other dogs and people, and are just generally calmer and more easy going than dogs who's  only execise is taking a poop in a fenced in backyard.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The first dog I owned in DC I had to do a ton of research..lived in an 800sq ft apartment, middle of the District,  and thought some small breed of dog would e recommended. Was actually the opposite, as long as I was willing to devote the time to twice daily walk/exercise with the dog. So, my first black lab was rescued!

Having said that, it is amazing to me that shelters/ rescues continue to insist on fenced backyards for dogs. To me, that is the worst thing in the world for larger breeds, as owners get lazy and these poor critters never get any real exercise, and that fuels so much aggressive behavior . These pits I guess were in a crate/pen for a month before this incident, backyard aint a whole lot better.

Always notice disposition of most dogs that are "city" dogs as opposed to suburban dogs. City dogs generally get two walks a day, tons of interaction with other dogs and people, and are just generally calmer and more easy going than dogs who's  only execise is taking a poop in a fenced in backyard.

This is what I was talking about when researching a breed prior to owning it. I've known people who bought huskys because the love the breed, but had no idea how much exercise these dogs require daily. Someone in my family purchased a mini Doberman and they did everything wrong you can do with a dog. The dog became super aggressive and would attack the kids and draw blood. This dog weighed 5 lbs. They ended up having to put the dog down, but the sad part is it was completely avoidable. They unintentionally turned their dog into a 5lb monster 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Steptide said:

This is what I was talking about when researching a breed prior to owning it. I've known people who bought huskys because the love the breed, but had no idea how much exercise these dogs require daily. Someone in my family purchased a mini Doberman and they did everything wrong you can do with a dog. The dog became super aggressive and would attack the kids and draw blood. This dog weighed 5 lbs. They ended up having to put the dog down, but the sad part is it was completely avoidable. They unintentionally turned their dog into a 5lb monster 

It's not a mini-Doberman.  It's a miniature pinscher.  The word "pinscher" is the German equivalent of terrier.  It's a miniature terrier that was bred to hunt vermin. 

The breed actually precedes the Dobermann.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's not a mini-Doberman.  It's a miniature pinscher.  The word "pinscher" is the German equivalent of terrier.  It's a miniature terrier that was bred to hunt vermin. 

The breed actually precedes the Dobermann.

OK lol. Well I believe they're called that because of the coloring. But regardless, that wasn't the point. 

On 12/20/2017 at 8:40 AM, DC Tom said:

Dog owners think it's unusual to be killed and eaten by their pet.

Cat owners know their pets would kill and eat them on a whim if they could.

Reason number one my cat is well fed.  They go from:

3176116_4b5927283b.jpg

To:

hqdefault.jpg

In mere seconds.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/21/2017 at 10:01 PM, Steptide said:

Here's why these kind of stories happen and why pits get a bad rap. First, go to any shelter across America and you will find that 90% of the dogs are pit bulls. Then ask on top of the adoptable pit bulls they have, how many are euthanized on a weekly basis. 

The problem with pits isn't that they're bad dogs, they're actually great. The problem is douche bag owners who think they can breed them and make a profit. What happens is you get "backyard" breeding and you get bad temperaments and bad genes. This cycle is endless. Then, some of these dogs that have no pedigree and were bred improperly end up in homes and these incidents occur. 

I've previously owned 2 pit bulls and they were sweet dogs. Awesome with kids. They are very very strong and anyone who owns them also needs to know HOW to own them and be responsible. About 10 years ago I did dog training professionally and we used to have classes for reactive(aggressive) dogs. Occasionally you would see pit bulls in the class, but more often than not, you had every different breed you can think of. Many of these dogs came from horrible back grounds like puppy mills and abusive owners. Some went to classes multiple times and had tons and tons of training and still would attack their owners or other people. Sadly some were put down. In my experience as a trainer, 99.9% of a dog's aggressive nature steamed from idiotic owners. People get a dog based on how it looks, they do no research into the breed and what being a responsible owner of a particular breed means. 

I get it. But these dogs are still not worth breeding. Nor are French bulldog dogs, chichauwahahahahahas, and many other dogs. 

20 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I get it. But these dogs are still not worth breeding. Nor are French bulldog dogs, chichauwahahahahahas, and many other dogs. 

French bulldogs? They're great dogs. Where is that coming from lol? Again, I go to my previous statement about researching a breed before buying it. 

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

French bulldogs? They're great dogs. Where is that coming from lol? Again, I go to my previous statement about researching a breed before buying it. 

if you research french bulldogs and many dogs you can see they live a life of misery.  granted, i've only known two people who had them but it is very common that they have breathing problems and neck issues.  both of them had dogs around 3 years old that had their neck messed up and had to be put down or otherwise expensive surgery.

it's like a fatal blue merle australian shepherd.  some dogs just should not be allowed to be bred for the sake of life - the dogs or the communities.  we don't need pit bulls to be bred.  only hood rats breed these dogs. 

and trust me, i'm not one who wants to take anyones freedom but we just don't need more dogs.  the chinese fast food industry may suffer, but we don't