Steelers vs. Patriots

Real McClappy

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Do you see green directly below the football indicating the ball is on the ground? Cause I see a hand there and no visible indication that the ball is actually sitting on the ground.

Again, I await the photo showing the ball sitting directly on the ground, which is what needs to be seen in order to determine that the call on the field must be overturned.

There MAY be a photo out there which surfaces, but you are correct in that from the video the officials had at the time, there is no way they could have been 100% certain that the ball touched the ground; they had to have assumed it. And anyways, with his right hand under the ball, it shouldn't have even mattered....the ball CAN touch the ground in that instance and still be a "catch." But even before it got to that point, I agree with those who have said he caught it, controlled it, and then made a football move....reaching the ball back out from his body while turning....before the ball went near the ground.

The Pats must have some bad pictures of somebody.  Lol

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

James lost control when the ball hit the ground. Knees and feet don't matter, according to the current rules. Pretty cut and dry. I'm not saying it's a good rule, but the NFL makes these rules for a reason. They've had several opportunities to change them, but haven't. Even the Tuck Rule took a decade to change.   

jessejames.png

Oh boy, look who's back.

How lucky are we?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I dont know, it looked like a TD to me.

The Pats not only stole one from the Steelers last night, they ripped off the whole league...........again.

Lol the game wasn't over, even steeler fans are saying Brady with 2 time outs and 28 seconds would probably score

since they had NO answer for Gronk yesterday. 

As for the Jets score, I wish people

stop rewriting history as that score would only TIE the game not win it for them. Does anyone doubt Brady with any sort of time still pulls out the win?

I turned off this game as soon as Brady hit Gronk for 20 some yards to get them on Pittsburgh's 10 yard line. I knew they would score to take the lead, and then I really didn't watch many highlights later so I missed this whole thing with James. That is 100% a touchdown. I'm sure they've rewritten the rule in some fashion but as long as I've watched football the rule has always been, the moment the ball breaks the plain of the goal line, it's a touchdown, play is over. Look at Tyrod's little jump and extend it over the line vs. the Raiders this season. He had the ball smacked out of his hands but by then the ball had already cross the line so it was a TD, play over. A player carrying the ball over the line can fall and drop the ball but it's still a touchdown as he carried the ball over the line. It's the same concept here. He catches it, turns, gets it over the goal line and that should be it, touchdown, play over. Glad I didn't see this live, like I needed more reasons to hate the Pats. I remember when Buffalo went on their Super Bowl run and there were so many people that were sick of the Bills during those times. Nobody except Bills fans wanted them in the Super Bowl after like, the second loss. Even national media analysts were like, "We're sick of the Bills, please don't let them win the AFC Championship game." Ain't no one saying that about the Pats these days. Over the last 16 Super Bowls, the AFC representative has been either Pittsburgh or New England in 10 of those games. For the love of crap I hope a different AFC team breaks through this year.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Oh boy, look who's back.

How lucky are we?

You're extremely lucky. How boring it is to have everyone agree all the time...

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Ok, now show the photo of the ball actually touching the ground, which is what was supposed to be required in order for a call on the field to be overturned.

I will wait.........

If he were wearing a Patriots' uniform, you would be claiming (and rightly so) that the ball is clearly on the ground. 

3 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

You're extremely lucky. How boring it is to have everyone agree all the time...

If he were wearing a Patriots' uniform, you would be claiming (and rightly so) that the ball is clearly on the ground. 

So -  no image of it clearly touching the ground.

Thanks.  I can’t believe you guys ever complain about officiating.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Pretty cut and dry looking at the picture with "Ball comes loose", huh?  I'll go ahead and make my own picture with "Ball stays secure" and call that cut and dry.

Bottom line is there was no way the replay officials could determine if the ball hit the ground.  Looking at the replay many times, the receiver shifted the ball from his left hand, over to his right hand and rests on his fingers.  The slight spin of the ball indicates this transfer took place, IMO.  If it hit the ground, I think you would see more of a bobble, which this was not.

You can make things up all day long...The actual replay even does a better job showing the ball on the ground. If that were Gronk on the ground fumbling for the ball, you'd be saying/seeing the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, Success said:

So -  no image of it clearly touching the ground.

Thanks.  I can’t believe you guys ever complain about officiating.

I posted it already in reply to another poster. It's pretty clear. The actual reply is an even better look at the ball on the ground.

37 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

You can make things up all day long...The actual replay even does a better job showing the ball on the ground. If that were Gronk on the ground fumbling for the ball, you'd be saying/seeing the same thing. 

Not making anything up, ricko.  Look at the gif of the catch below and tell me you can for certain say the ball hit the ground.  Looks to me that James had possession of it during the entire process.

As far as your Gronk scenario, not applicable.  It would probably not be questioned, or if it was, never overturned.

sunlocminnba5xhquhwa.gif

It looks as though James was guilty of spinning the ball, which the officiating crew in NY took advantage of to hand the game to New England. Not enough evidence. If that was Gronkowski AND the crew called TD on the field, there is about zero chance it's overturned. Instead , we would be treated to " the ruling on the field stands as called". 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It looks as though James was guilty of spinning the ball, which the officiating crew in NY took advantage of to hand the game to New England. Not enough evidence. If that was Gronkowski AND the crew called TD on the field, there is about zero chance it's overturned. Instead , we would be treated to " the ruling on the field stands as called". 

So Jesse James was robbed?  That's a different story.

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol the game wasn't over, even steeler fans are saying Brady with 2 time outs and 28 seconds would probably score

since they had NO answer for Gronk yesterday. 

As for the Jets score, I wish people

stop rewriting history as that score would only TIE the game not win it for them. Does anyone doubt Brady with any sort of time still pulls out the win?

How about that Cooks dropped TD against the Texans?

12 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

How about that Cooks dropped TD against the Texans?

I totally forgot about that one. That was close and be honest if they had called it incomplete

i been mad, but they def could have! 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Should have thrown it away BB.

He should man up and say he screwed up and should have just thrown it away.

Yep, should have thrown it out the back of the EZ. PIT fans who are thinking that the Pats would have scored a TD with 28 seconds or less are pretty much in denial though. That would be unlikely even with 2 TO's . They are in mourning because they blew their SB chance.