49ers Playing Hard

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Is there any scenario where a Bills win next week might clinch a playoff spot?

i know it's not just everyone else losing, due to other tie breaker scenarios if we were to lose to Miami.

just curious.

Yeah a win in NE and a Ravens loss and Bills clinch entry into playoff 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don't see these playing out . Titans could very well lose out, but I think LAC will win and BAL will win both. Titans needed to beat SF for Bills to have a realistic chance. It's a long shot now. 

Yeah Chargers will win why?  Because the looked so great against KC lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don't see these playing out . Titans could very well lose out, but I think LAC will win and BAL will win both. Titans needed to beat SF for Bills to have a realistic chance. It's a long shot now. 

No, I don't think they can. It would only give them 9 wins. 

A Ne win and Balt loss next week Bills will clinch an entry into playoffs 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This has next to no chance of happening. Thanks for the update. 

The guy asked if there is a chance to clinch playoffs  next week. Yes there is so doesnt mean anything that you think it has no chance of happening 

Edited by MAJBobby

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Pretty simple

Thad Brown (@thadbrown7)
#Titans loss means #Bills now control destiny and make playoffs with 2 wins.
#Bills also make playoffs with 1 win and:

#Ravens loss
OR 
TEN wins v Rams then loses v JAX
OR 
2 TEN losses and 1 #Chargers loss

#BillsMafia

If I understand this correctly, we mathematically can't be eliminated next week, even with a loss to NE. Correct?

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

He's hopeless. :lol:

Right? I like how we're considered 1-1 at best by all these posters yet all these other teams are somehow automatically considered winners of their last 2. Makes sense.

Also, you can never underestimate how a team plays in a divisional game. If OAK or any other team has the chance to play spoiler in week 16 or 17 against a division rival, you don't think they're bringing everything they have to try to win?

Edited by DisplacedBillsFan

After going through the NYT simulator, it just hit me that I was cheering for the wrong team a little over an hour ago. Needed the Titans to win that game in SF. It's a longshot now, but we would have been in good shape if the Titans could have held on. Garoppolo to Goodwin got them in fg range...ouch.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

After going through the NYT simulator, it just hit me that I was cheering for the wrong team a little over an hour ago. Needed the Titans to win that game in SF. It's a longshot now, but we would have been in good shape if the Titans could have held on. Garoppolo to Goodwin got them in fg range...ouch.

I see what you are driving at.... a 9-7 threeway tie between the Bills, Chargers and Titans with the Titans winning an NFC game... but actually our best bet is still very simply having more wins that LAC and TEN. 

I think TEN lose out unless Doug plays his scrubs in week 17 and if the Titans win that game they are in.

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I see what you are driving at.... a 9-7 threeway tie between the Bills, Chargers and Titans with the Titans winning an NFC game... but actually our best bet is still very simply having more wins that LAC and TEN. 

I think TEN lose out unless Doug plays his scrubs in week 17 and if the Titans win that game they are in.

Yes, their best chance is now Chargers lose one and TEN loses both. Would have been Chargers win both, TEN loses both if Titans won today . That seems more likely outcome to me given the Chargers and Titans remaining opponents. 

We just need to go beat New England.  We are not going to Super Bowl this year absent a miracle.  So I don't get all the hand-wringing around getting us in if we lose to NE.  Not that big a deal to have a "token" playoff appearance regardless of drought length in my opinion.  Just beat New England.  If you don't, assume you screwed your playoff chances.  This needs to be the mentality.  If we don't beat them we are still alive week 17 anyhow, but there is a good chance we don't make it.  So what, good for our team to be in a game against a team like Pats where they can win to control their destiny.  if they don't, it is just part of team evolution.  Backing in does nothing for me personally, don't care if drought is 100 years.  I will take the back-in, don't get me wrong -- but front door should be the mentality.  Beat the Pats.

The mentality of fans cannot overcome the reality of the team on the field. Ending the drought is a big deal, it's been 17 years and soon to be 18. That is ridiculous for an NFL franchise and the Bills are a laughingstock. Ending the drought means it's no longer a 3 ton gorilla around the neck of the franchise and organization. Most every other NFL team save for a few elites has likely " backed in " to the playoffs by some posters definition. But it counts and they don't have a drought. Just the Bills. If only daydreaming could make the Bills beat the Patriots. Or having a different mentality could make them more talented . It doesn't. 

1 hour ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

We just need to go beat New England.  We are not going to Super Bowl this year absent a miracle.  So I don't get all the hand-wringing around getting us in if we lose to NE.  Not that big a deal to have a "token" playoff appearance regardless of drought length in my opinion.  Just beat New England.  If you don't, assume you screwed your playoff chances.  This needs to be the mentality.  If we don't beat them we are still alive week 17 anyhow, but there is a good chance we don't make it.  So what, good for our team to be in a game against a team like Pats where they can win to control their destiny.  if they don't, it is just part of team evolution.  Backing in does nothing for me personally, don't care if drought is 100 years.  I will take the back-in, don't get me wrong -- but front door should be the mentality.  Beat the Pats.

No offense, but if that's your opinion then your opinion sucks. I want to see them in a playoff game as should any real fan at this point. Only a complete fool would hope for anything else while sitting at 8-6.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

If I understand this correctly, we mathematically can't be eliminated next week, even with a loss to NE. Correct?

And I know this may be  a typical Bills fan small time thing for me to say, but this was my hope for the last few weeks...just to at least make it through and be in it on the final day of the season for the first time in 13 years. 

Yes, I want to make the playoffs...but to have every game truly matter throughout the season was a small victory I was going to be happy with at the start of this season.