2018 Bills draft QB Mason Rudolph - CBS Sports

BigDingus

I think he’ll be there and they’ll take him with their first 1st Round Pick.

Cleveland

Giants

Broncos

Jets

Cardinals

those are the 5 teams that will really go after QB’s before the Bills Pick, one of whom in my estimation gets Cousins. So that takes it down to 4 teams. Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield & Allen are all very likely to go ahead of Rudolph, and Jackson has a possibility as well. 

Rudolph will be there and the Bills will take him. 

4 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Cleveland

Giants

Broncos

Jets

Cardinals

those are the 5 teams that will really go after QB’s before the Bills Pick, one of whom in my estimation gets Cousins. So that takes it down to 4 teams. Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield & Allen are all very likely to go ahead of Rudolph, and Jackson has a possibility as well. 

How do you see Alex Smith and Cousins factoring into the QB equation?  A couple of teams will probably not be in the QB hunt by draft day.

10 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Cleveland

Giants

Broncos

Jets

Cardinals

You also have to factor in the Skins just might franchise Cousins again rather than allowing him to hit free agency.  It's a high possibility.  I mean think about it, most teams are desperate for QB help.  The Skins have a solid guy they are not will to marry but they don't mind dating.  They'll possibly date until they can find another date to replace him.

Edited by NewEraBills

5 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

How do you see Alex Smith and Cousins factoring into the QB equation?  A couple of teams will probably not be in the QB hunt by draft day.

I didn’t consider Alex smith at all. But regarding Cousins, he is a UFA, so the Redskins would have to franchise tag him for the third consecutive year for a $34.5M cap hit to keep him. That’s excessive, and it’s not like they have a great team around him and are close to being a contender.

I think they might tag him, but they’ll then trade him and go after a vet in free agency and use a mid Round Pick on a developmental guy. 

My my personal prediction is that he goes to Denver for Lynch and a pick. Lynch gives them a developmental guy, and then they sign a vet to compete with him in the off-season. 

Again thats just a total guess, but regardless I think one of those teams that are looking for a quarterback find their way to a veteran, allowing Buffalo to have their choice of Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph. I take Rudolph all day. His downside is Dalton. His upside could be Matt Ryan. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.