Bills to Renovate New Era Field Premium Areas this Offseason

26CornerBlitz

On 12/16/2017 at 10:22 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

I was about to say something similar. Why pour millions into a dump you're ready to move out of? 

Sign of good faith to their fans? Kind of a thank you for having invested all these years and please be patient as we build a new facility?

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Anybody remember when Terry Pegula said he wanted the team to be good before he started to ask for money for a stadium?

The team isn't good so probably he won't be starting to move ahead with a stadium until they are.

Lol, how this for a conspiracy? Goodell makes sure the Bills get favorable calls so they win more games when they need to get public money for a new stadium!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That story applies to municipalities bending over to pay fully for stadiums. It doesn't discuss partnerships where the team owner pays the lion's share. 

If you've been down to Canalside, then you know how much that development is being driven by the Pegulas, and the city is reaping the benefit. If the city, county and state are smart, they invest to keep that momentum going. 

Government-smart. What? 

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I hope so.

I love going to games at the Ralph. I like that its not all Hollywood like new stadiums.

And a new stadium means the price of football goes up significantly.

We don't need no stinkin' new stadium.

Nine out of every ten local people that I speak to about this feels the exact same way. Including my teenage nephews and college age interns.

Preserve the old-school vibe but add modern touches.

Quick research I did shows that Buffalo 93.4 inches has about twice the average snowfall of Minneapolis 55 inches.

The record snowfall for one continuous storm is 28.4 inches over 4 days in Minneapolis. In Buffalo it was 88 inches over 5 days in 2014. That is seven feet of snow.

Which is why I think my low tech low cost idea is a good one to consider. Which nobody will :)

We put a metal framework up there that stays there year round. You put your lights and a spot for cameras or whatever else you want up there.

Then you have sections of fabric over that metal framework. Like a big top tent. You can project ads on the roof from inside or outside I suppose, to help pay for it.

Then, you actually furl the fabric roof up, like you do with as sail on a mast when you don't want to use it, whenever a bunch of snow is coming.

Pretty much leave the roof off (furled) for the whole winter if you want. Most of us like outdoor football anyway. And you don't have to build a roof that will support 7 feet of snow which will cost a gazillion dollars. But you can have protection from the rain etc for 3 seasons of the year as you wish.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

6 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Quick research I did shows that Buffalo 93.4 inches has about twice the average snowfall of Minneapolis 55 inches.

The record snowfall for one continuous storm is 28.4 inches over 4 days in Minneapolis. In Buffalo it was 88 inches over 5 days in 2014. That is seven feet of snow.

Which is why I think my low tech low cost idea is a good one to consider. Which nobody will :)

We put a metal framework up there that stays there year round. You put your lights and a spot for cameras or whatever else you want up there.

Then you have sections of fabric over that metal framework. Like a big top tent. You can project ads on the roof from inside or outside I suppose, to help pay for it.

Then, you actually furl the fabric roof up, like you do with as sail on a mast when you don't want to use it, whenever a bunch of snow is coming.

Pretty much leave the roof off (furled) for the whole winter if you want. Most of us like outdoor football anyway. And you don't have to build a roof that will support 7 feet of snow which will cost a gazillion dollars. But you can have protection from the rain etc for 3 seasons of the year as you wish.

Orchard Park averages much more than the airport where snowfall is measured at. I'd say Orchard Park averages 120-130" of snow a year. 

On 12/16/2017 at 7:22 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

I was about to say something similar. Why pour millions into a dump you're ready to move out of? 

because you have enough class not to live in a dump for the next 4 yrs?

4 hours ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Wow. That's a lot. And your wrong

Is it? I do Meteorology part time. It's a huge passion of mine. Here is the data, check for yourself. I am a spotter here in Hamburg and we've received 142.4" of snow so far this year. The Airport averages around 95" of snow per year. West Seneca is around 110" per year, OP and Hamburg around 120-130" per year. Boston/Colden are 160-200" per year, Perrysburg is snow capital of WNY and averages 200-250" per year.

Here is my Youtube Channel with some of my chases and a slideshow I put together from Nov 2014 where I received 88.6" of snow from that storm from Nov 17-20th, 2014. 

https://www.cocorahs.org/ViewData/

Edited by Awwufelloff

25 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Is it? I do Meteorology part time. It's a huge passion of mine. Here is the data, check for yourself. I am a spotter here in Hamburg and we've received 142.4" of snow so far this year. The Airport averages around 95" of snow per year. West Seneca is around 110" per year, OP and Hamburg around 120-130" per year. Boston/Colden are 160-200" per year, Perrysburg is snow capital of WNY and averages 200-250" per year.

Here is my Youtube Channel with some of my chases and a slideshow I put together from Nov 2014 where I received 88.6" of snow from that storm from Nov 17-20th, 2014. 

https://www.cocorahs.org/ViewData/

Cool **** but I personally would like to never think about that storm and several others again lol. I had a trip to Aruba planned and didn't think we were going until the day before departure cause of this storm. 

Sump pumps working? Check. Etc.. That storm wore my ass out keeping the path to the furnace vent clear.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Cool **** but I personally would like to never think about that storm and several others again lol. I had a trip to Aruba planned and didn't think we were going until the day before departure cause of this storm. 

Sump pumps working? Check. Etc.. That storm wore my ass out keeping the path to the furnace vent clear.

I didn't think it was possible to get a storm like that. The amount of snow that fell in that short of a time period is something I doubt we see again in our lifetime. I measured 8" in one hour at one point during that storm. Crazy!

8 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I didn't think it was possible to get a storm like that. The amount of snow that fell in that short of a time period is something I doubt we see again in our lifetime. I measured 8" in one hour at one point during that storm. Crazy!

The clear solution from your radar graphics is to build a land bridge from the U.S. side of Lake Erie over to Point Abino to act as a snow fence (like the ice boom, in a way) so WNY wouldn't get dumped on as much!!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, Lurker said:

The clear solution from your radar graphics is to build a land bridge from the U.S. side of Lake Erie over to Point Abino to act as a snow fence (like the ice boom, in a way) so WNY wouldn't get dumped on as much!!

Went to Point Abino lighthouse on a science trip in high school on weather.  Evidently science teacher had a friend who worked there.  It has been open to tours for a while now.

On 4/1/2018 at 3:07 AM, beerme1 said:

....wait....Dunkirk Don's new dome solves everything....stay tuned...................