More from obd

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

So I assume then that they're going to tag Cousins and trade him?  Because they can't trade him until after the start of the new league year, and they can't trade him unless he's under contract.

They also can't sign him to a new deal (that, say, Buffalo negotiated with him with Washington's permission) in order to trade him, since there's the chance that Buffalo would back out of the deal, plus there are cap ramifications resulting from trading a player with unpaid guarantees.

It would have to be a tag and trade.

Isn't this what we did with Peerless Price, when he was dealt to Atlanta?

21 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

If trade for Cousins or trade up for a QB, those two # 1s are gone  To trade with Cleveland it would cost us Both #1s this year, number 2 and # 1 next year and number 2.  Remember, Alex Smith is still in the mix.  Step up from Tyrod.  We are planning to be very active in the free agent market and want to target speedy WR.    OBD very unhappy with Zay Jones.  Scouting department had Ju Ju ranked higher but Whaley persuaded everyone to go with Jones because he was coached by former Bills assistant. 

Small but important distinction, he wasn’t coached by a former assistant. His WR coach at ECU was Phil McGeoghan, the CURRENT Buffalo Bills receivers coach. He had a LOT to do with the selection of Zay.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Just received from my source with approval to post.  Verified by OBD. Washington wants both #1's and #3 this year and #2 next year for Cousins.  We don't think we will pay that price.  Probably end up with both #1's and #2 next year

Washington is out of their goddamn minds if that's the price for a guy who isn't even on contract with them next year, barring a tag. 

2 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Smith would be a much cheaper option.  The are not asking for a number 1 but asking for our number 2 (not the Rams pick) and a later round pick.  Also, would like a player as well.  We can only speculate it might be Glenn

They paid less to get a younger Smith

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Don, I said I wouldn't ridicule anymore, and I won't, but why are you saying "we" as if you are a Bills fan?  Aren't you posting this stuff to help someone get revenge on the Bills?

I am a fan but a friend first.  We all work and sometimes people deserve to be fired, he did not. Now they have fired a poor innocent IT guy for leaking information.  He was not our contact.   Plus Whaley fired Tom Gibbons.  I grew up with Tom and coached him.  Nice person.  Married former bills player daughter Ed Rukowksi

Edited by Dunkirk Don

2 minutes ago, GG said:

They paid less to get a younger Smith

"The 49ers will receive the Chiefs' second-round pick, 34th overall, in this year's draft and a conditional pick in next year's draft, a person familiar with the terms told The Associated Press."

5 minutes ago, Dalton said:

It seems simple but many do no grasp.  

This is what makes these reports for entertaimment only.

Not saying i believe everything he is saying but, I thought they could tag him, and that means he has until a certain point to sign the tender 7/15 i believe? They can negotiate a long term deal up until that point and have exclusive rights. The team could say he has permission to seek a trade, and if traded the team would have negotiated said long term contract and have him sign that upon being traded, before that deadline.

I am not in the Pro-Cousins camp, but I understand the merits of wanting a QB like him. I have nothing against him as a QB, but as I said under the Cousins thread, it doesn't make as much sense to me because of the money they'll need to spend. For me, I'd rather they Draft a QB and stay where they are in the Draft, use the same FA money to build the team around the QB, like Oline / WR / CB / TE and use the Draft for QB, LB, Dline, LB, WR and CB. To me, it makes more sense that way. 

Having said that, presuming the Bills are "all in" on Cousins, giving the Foreskins TWO 1st round picks alone is far, far too much....giving them all the Draft capital they're asking for is a fire-able offense in my mind....that's a deal that SHOULD NEVER be made. If Foreskins want to trade Cousins, it should be more along the lines of 1st this year and a 3rd next year with a player like Hughes to complete the deal. That means the Bills essentially used a 1st on their QB, as they would if they drafted one, unloaded some FA money and gave the Foreskins an extra 3rd for giving Cousins to them before he hit the open market. Any other form of value, is not value....it's a crime, robbery.

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I am not in the Pro-Cousins camp, but I understand the merits of wanting a QB like him. I have nothing against him as a QB, but as I said under the Cousins thread, it doesn't make as much sense to me because of the money they'll need to spend. For me, I'd rather they Draft a QB and stay where they are in the Draft, use the same FA money to build the team around the QB, like Oline / WR / CB / TE and use the Draft for QB, LB, Dline, LB, WR and CB. To me, it makes more sense that way. 

Having said that, presuming the Bills are "all in" on Cousins, giving the Foreskins TWO 1st round picks alone is far, far too much....giving them all the Draft capital they're asking for is a fire-able offense in my mind....that's a deal that SHOULD NEVER be made. If Foreskins want to trade Cousins, it should be more along the lines of 1st this year and a 3rd next year with a player like Hughes to complete the deal. That means the Bills essentially used a 1st on their QB, as they would if they drafted one, unloaded some FA money and gave the Foreskins an extra 3rd for giving Cousins to them before he hit the open market. Any other form of value, is not value....it's a crime, robbery.

Even your proposed counter-offer seems like too much to me.  I certainly agree with the assessment of the putative deal as currently imagined.  Oh, and I also concur with the rationale for using FA money to build around a cheaper, younger qb. 

Edited by Dr. Who

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I think you have the correct value assigned to him, if we do a trade and give up a little more im ok, but it better not be much more than what you described or we will have severely overpaid imo

3 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Yes

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Small but important distinction, he wasn’t coached by a former assistant. His WR coach at ECU was Phil McGeoghan, the CURRENT Buffalo Bills receivers coach. He had a LOT to do with the selection of Zay.

See he didn't even get his own statement correct 

he has no idea what he's talking about... yea we drafted Zay cus of Whaley who was gonna be fired after the draft regardless 

lol

This yarn is still unraveling, huh?

Can someone please tell me how Dennison has a connection to Cousins and more than just some "he's a protege of Kubiak who was a protege of Shanahan?"

If that's all it is, I can tell you something interesting about myself: I'm best friends with Kevin Bacon through my coworker who just visited California and saw him walking on the opposite side of the street :flirt: