Taylor starting

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I do.

When Ii read stuff like this on here I'm reminded of the movie where Jack Nicholson yells at Tom Cruise or somebody, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".

I would paraphrase that for Bills fans such as yourself "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PLAYOFFS".

Here we have a real shot (65% on some playoff sites) to end this drought thing in less than 3 weeks.  But instead of moving all the chips int he center of the table and going for it, you prefer to treat the playoff stretch run as an extended pre season and play a guy that makes horrible decisions and multitudes of rookie mistakes.

F$ck next year. 

Lets's win this thing and worry about next year next month (or the month after that :)).

Hey man I would love for the Bills to make the playoffs but I do not think it will happen. The only way I think we have even a slim chance of doing it is with Peterman a kid that can play QB over Tyrod the RB pretending to be a QB. That NO game showed everyone who Tyrod really is.

Do you think that NE and Miami will not play the Bills the same way other teams have against Tyrod? His goose is cooked, 1-2-3 kick. Make him be a QB because he fails at it. If Tyrod plays we will be lucky to win against Miami at home but NE,Miami on the road? Forgetaboutit!!

Want to move the chips in the center of the table, I'm all in on Peterman to finish the season but Tyrod I will take my money and spend it somewhere else, I have seen that horror show for too many years.

Edited by xRUSHx

55 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

45 minutes ago you said this. 

Yes and I stand by that.

But it's like a scale.

Good offensive staff + Good offensive weapons  =  Fantastic offensive staff + Average offensive weapons  =  Average offensive staff + Fantastic offensive weapons

He's had a better than solid offensive staff his entire career as a starting QB.  He's had a fantastic offensive staff for most of his time, which counterbalances the average weapons he's had.  Actually, considering the offensive minds he's had in there, it probably more than counterbalances it.

Buffalo has, at best, an Average offensive staff and average offensive weapons, overall.  And I think "average offensive staff" is mighty generous.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes and I stand by that.

But it's like a scale.

Good offensive staff + Good offensive weapons  =  Fantastic offensive staff + Average offensive weapons  =  Average offensive staff + Fantastic offensive weapons

He's had a better than solid offensive staff his entire career as a starting QB.  He's had a fantastic offensive staff for most of his time, which counterbalances the average weapons he's had.  Actually, considering the offensive minds he's had in there, it probably more than counterbalances it.

Buffalo has, at best, an Average offensive staff and average offensive weapons, overall.  And I think "average offensive staff" is mighty generous.

Nope. 

McCoy>>>Perine/Kelley/Thompson

Clay<Reed

Jones>Doctson

Thompson>Grant

Matthews>Crowder

Bills offensive line >>>Redskins offensive line

Cousins does a lot with very little. That's why he's on the cusp of being an elite QB. I don't think you watch enough of Washington to know what you're talking about.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nope. 

Clay<Reed

Jones>Doctson

Thompson>Grant

Matthews>Crowder

Cousins does a lot with very little. That's why he's on the cusp of being an elite QB. I don't think you watch enough of Washington to know what you're talking about.

If you say so.  You clearly must be right.  My opinion is clearly wrong because it differs from yours.

I concede I must be wrong in your mind because you're so utterly confident that Cousins belongs in Brees/Roethlisberger/Brady/Rodgers territory.

My bad for disagreeing.  I'll go sit in a corner since I still do, very strongly  :thumbsup: 

PS:  It's funny that you like didn't address the post you were responding to in any way whatsoever regarding offensive staffs, which is the crux of why Cousins has been so productive :doh: 

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If you say so.  You clearly must be right.  My opinion is clearly wrong because it differs from yours.

I concede I must be wrong in your mind because you're so utterly confident that Cousins belongs in Brees/Roethlisberger/Brady/Rodgers territory.

My bad for disagreeing.  I'll go sit in a corner since I still do, very strongly  :thumbsup: 

My point is that if you're calling Buffalo's skill position players 'average' and equating them with Washington's, well...that's not correct. They're significantly worse and Cousins continues to perform at a high level. He's absolutely in that territory.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

My point is that if you're calling Buffalo's skill position players 'average' and equating them with Washington's, well...that's not correct. They're significantly worse and Cousins continues to perform at a high level. He's absolutely in that territory.

Nope, he's absolutely not in that Elite territory.  At least in my world....

ya know....

reality  :flirt: 

58 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey man I would love for the Bills to make the playoffs but I do not think it will happen. The only way I think we have even a slim chance of doing it is with Peterman a kid that can play QB over Tyrod the RB pretending to be a QB. That NO game showed everyone who Tyrod really is.

Do you think that NE and Miami will not play the Bills the same way other teams have against Tyrod? His goose is cooked, 1-2-3 kick. Make him be a QB because he fails at it. If Tyrod plays we will be lucky to win against Miami at home but NE,Miami on the road? Forgetaboutit!!

Want to move the chips in the center of the table, I'm all in on Peterman to finish the season but Tyrod I will take my money and spend it somewhere else, I have seen that horror show for too many years.

The problem with playing Peterman against Miami is that he will be absolutely destroyed by their pass rush. Their front is good. Taylor, whatever his flaws, has demonstrated in four games that he can play well against Miami. That is indisputable, and his escapability helps immensely. Here are his stats in four games vs. Miami:

21/29 for 277 yards, 3 TDs 0 INTs; 3 carries for 12 yards

11/12 for 181 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs; 10 carries for 44 yards

14/28 for 221 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs; 7 carries for 35 yards and 1 TD

26/39 for 329 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs; 12 carries for 60 yards

His rating against Miami over these four games?? 121.2 . He has averaged 9.3 ypa. Extrapolated over 16 games, it amounts to 4,032 yards, 32 TDs, and 0 INTs plus 654 rushing yards and 4 rushing TDs. 

The Bills averaged 32 ppg in those four games too.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Nope, he's absolutely not in that Elite territory.  At least in my world....

ya know....

reality  :flirt: 

The reality is since 2015 when Cousins was named starter, his ANY/A (best stat for measuring QB play IMO and others) goes:

2015: 8th

2016:4th

2017:13th

Brady's is thus:

2015: 4th

2016: 2nd

2017: 1st

Brees:

2015: 5th

2016: 5th

2017: 2nd

Roethlisberger? Here:

2015: 7th

2016: 9th

2017: 12th

And Rodgers:

2015: 21st

2016: 6th

2017: 14th

So again...the reality is that according to the best QB statistic available, over the last three years as a starter Cousins has actually outperformed both Roethlisberger AND Rodgers, yet you don't think he's even close to their level. Which tells me you aren't paying attention, hence my comment re: you watching the Redskins. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I've also gotta say... I'm surprised at how inherently biased you are.  You ultimately appear to be just another "the grass is always greener on the other side" kinda guy and your overrating of Cousins is indicative of that.  And what's worse, you try to do that by diminishing the talent surrounding him in Washington and just completely ignoring any discussion of how superior his offensive coordinators have been. 

Talent wise, Shady is clearly the better back than the Washington trio... I'll give you that.  Though Thomson was looking really good before he was injured.  And Reed is better than Clay.  Your forgetting he also has Vernon Davis, who is probably even still as good as Clay.  Josh Doctson was a 1st round draft, yet you act like Zay Jones is clearly superior to him.  Really weird.  Jamison Crowder is as good or better a #2 than our #2 option, or at least on par with them.

And the Redskins OL, when healthy, is better than ours.  They haven't been healthy much of the season, but neither has ours with Miller and Glenn out most of the year.  But the last few years Cousins has had his blind side protected by one of the best LTs in the game.

You're making me sound like I hate Cousins and I don't.  It's just ridiculous to put him in the category you do.

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The reality is since 2015 when Cousins was named starter, his ANY/A (best stat for measuring QB play IMO and others) goes:

2015: 8th

2016:4th

2017:13th

Brady's is thus:

2015: 4th

2016: 2nd

2017: 1st

Brees:

2015: 5th

2016: 5th

2017: 2nd

Roethlisberger? Here:

2015: 7th

2016: 9th

2017: 12th

And Rodgers:

2015: 21st

2016: 6th

2017: 14th

So again...the reality is that according to the best QB statistic available, over the last three years as a starter Cousins has actually outperformed both Roethlisberger AND Rodgers, yet you don't think he's even close to their level. Which tells me you aren't paying attention, hence my comment re: you watching the Redskins. 

Do you think Cousins is as good as Roethlisberger and Rodgers? 

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nope. 

Clay<Reed

Jones>Doctson

Thompson>Grant

Matthews>Crowder

Cousins hasn't had a lot to work with but the weapons they brought into the regular season were clearly better.

I'd have loved to see what Terrelle Pryor could have done in Buffalo.     He was a complete washout with Cousins in Washington but I think he and Taylor could have been a tremendous fit.

Cousins could do a lot more with the "throw me open" talent the Bills have at WR though......he's not afraid to throw interceptions.

They aren't exact opposites as QB's but it's really hard to compare Cousins and Taylor apples to apples because they impact the game in different ways.    

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I've also gotta say... I'm surprised at how inherently biased you are.  You ultimately appear to be just another "the grass is always greener on the other side" kinda guy and your overrating of Cousins is indicative of that.  And what's worse, you try to do that by diminishing the talent surrounding him in Washington and just completely ignoring any discussion of how superior his offensive coordinators have been. 

Talent wise, Shady is clearly the better back than the Washington trio... I'll give you that.  Though Thomson was looking really good before he was injured.  And Reed is better than Clay.  Your forgetting he also has Vernon Davis, who is probably even still as good as Clay.  Josh Doctson was a 1st round draft, yet you act like Zay Jones is clearly superior to him.  Really weird.  Jamison Crowder is as good or better a #2 than our #2 option, or at least on par with them.

And the Redskins OL, when healthy, is better than ours.  They haven't been healthy much of the season, but neither has ours with Miller and Glenn out most of the year.  But the last few years Cousins has had his blind side protected by one of the best LTs in the game.

You're making me sound like I hate Cousins and I don't.  It's just ridiculous to put him in the category you do.

Do you think Cousins is as good as Roethlisberger and Rodgers? 

The talent surrounding Cousins is really nothing special. Reed is clearly the better TE, but Davis is a shell of himself and absolutely not as good as Clay. Doctson hasn't proven a thing in the league and I'm comfortable putting Jones above him. Crowder is 100% NOT as good as Thompson, certainly not Matthews, and I didn't even list Benjamin because he hasn't played enough games for us to include him. But he's better than every one of their receivers combined.

To answer your question: if you're looking at it from a career-long perspective, obviously not. If you're looking at it from a three year window which I illustrated, he has CLEARLY outperformed both of them, is younger than both of them, and playing with significantly worse talent than Roethlisberger (Rodgers is comparable in offensive talent surrounding him IMO). If he's outperforming 50% of the QBs you list in your group over a three year period, how on earth can you say it's ridiculous to put him in that territory?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Please god let Peterman start so this game will be worth watching even if we lose as expected.

Please just Go Away. 

First of all, what self-respecting actual fan of a team argues at length for their team's loss at home against a team with a worse record as you do?

Second of all, what self-respecting actual fan of a player, a rookie, prays to God to let him start when he's reportedly (as of yesterday) still in concussion protocol and will be restricted from practice and even study and meetings?  Do you actually hate the guy and want to see him perform badly?

• Like (+1) 2

Just in from my source, Taylor will start remainder of season regardless of win/ lose.  Bills will not cut Taylor but if attempt to trade him for another low round pick.  Cousins definitely in mix to be next year qb.  Ties to Buffalo confirmed.   New stadium will be built in 2021or 2022.  Location picked.  Do not buy the hype about land study.   Go to land purchases for last two years and you can determine location.  Also check to see minority investment owners you will will see ties to Buffalo area.   This property in  four years will be most valuable in western New York. Not just where the stadium will be built but surrounding areas. Check transactions and building permits for new restaurants and you will see connections

Lol at the Taylor heads who scoff at Cousins.

Its just too much.      Can’t wait to see domdab quit the bills for adding a competent qb ???   

So in 6 years Mr Taylor has 8,347 yards and 49 tds 

In 5 years Mr. Cousins has 15,553 yards and 94 tds.  

Lay off the drugs kids.      Quit blaming others.     

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Cousins hasn't had a lot to work with but the weapons they brought into the regular season were clearly better.

I'd have loved to see what Terrelle Pryor could have done in Buffalo.     He was a complete washout with Cousins in Washington but I think he and Taylor could have been a tremendous fit.

Cousins could do a lot more with the "throw me open" talent the Bills have at WR though......he's not afraid to throw interceptions.

They aren't exact opposites as QB's but it's really hard to compare Cousins and Taylor apples to apples because they impact the game in different ways.    

Pryor would take the bums job ?

• Like (+1) 1