Alright, who wants a dome?

Roundybout

Dome??  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pegs build a dome?

3 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Hate domes, hate dome games.

Both teams have the same conditions to deal with, and it makes the NFL more interesting and complex. Teams have to be built to suit the conditions. It's better.

And the guy worried about the Bills "playing for their playoff lives"...dude, this team is crap. I wouldn't get any satisfaction, or think this team is any better than they are just because the fall into the playoffs (they would lose soon enough).

They are not contenders, get it? I would sooner have a team that was actually good, that missed the playoffs (due to say an injury to their QB, or some such situation), than a bad team that somehow bumbles into the playoffs.

But if they weren't "crap" and this game was required for them to make the playoffs or knock them out of contention, you would be happy that the conditions could have cost them a potential playoff spot and not the play on the field? And if it actually happened that this team was good and missed because of a QB injury or because of a bad game due to weather conditions, you would not be happier then seeing a bad team squeak into the playoffs

12 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Kinda just dawned on me the Patriots game last week was one of the latest times they've come to Buffalo in the year.

Hmm, can it be the NFL calculates the increased odds they'd have to play on the road in conditions like that? 

BS.

BFLo/OPark gets this by November.

This year snow is later.

I started working in Chicago: Nov. 2, 1992.  I was shoveling snow my first day on job.  And that's Chicago, which averages only 35"/year!

Here this year, we've only had a dusting to 1" and that was yesterday!

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But if they weren't "crap" and this game was required for them to make the playoffs or knock them out of contention, you would be happy that the conditions could have cost them a potential playoff spot and not the play on the field? And if it actually happened that this team was good and missed because of a QB injury or because of a bad game due to weather conditions, you would not be happier then seeing a bad team squeak into the playoffs

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The reality is that a game like we had today is extremely rare.  A crazy, lousy game like this every 15 years is no big deal. 

What is not rare is playing in a boring, sterile environment on a carpet if you have a dome stadium.  Every game is totally in the wrong environment.

That game was beautiful today. What a memorable game. That is why I like football - the sport is not sanitized, weather is a factor. Granted, today was on the extreme end of the spectrum. I don't want every team to be playing in the same corporate sanitized dome. I hope we never have a dome. Likewise, Chicago, Greenbay and Miami should never have domes. Domes are like suburban sprawl - they all look the same everywhere. 

21 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I agree with you here, that wasn't Football, and how would fans react if this team was actually expected to be contenders and lost a game like this because of a fluke play caused by the snow and they missed the playoffs because of it?

The difference between the other teams in the north east not having domes and the Bills is that those teams don't have the stadium in a location thats known for getting hit with large amounts of lake effect snow. If a new stadium is built, it may mean a dome, partial roof, or location out of a snow belt. It has nothing to do with fans being wusses or "snowflakes" and more to do with being able to play proper football and not the mess that happened today. Its fun to watch, but not a great game thats decided by the skills of the players. 

This

19 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

If they built a dome, 75% of the fans couldn't afford to go

Ok then maybe they stop buying tables to smash

17 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The reality is that a game like we had today is extremely rare.  A crazy, lousy game like this every 15 years is no big deal. 

What is not rare is playing in a boring, sterile environment on a carpet if you have a dome stadium.  Every game is totally in the wrong environment.

Doesnt the current open air stadium have a carpet too?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So was this what a modern NFL offense looks like. Did you see thag today?

I saw a memorable game played in a lot of snow that people will remember watching and going to. Who cares about the offense for one week?

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I saw a memorable game played in a lot of snow that people will remember watching and going to. Who cares about the offense for one week?

And if they lose the playoffs because of a fluke play caused by the decisions still going to like it?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And if they lose the playoffs because of a fluke play caused by the decisions still going to like it?

Well no, but that's the point. You toughen up and deal with the conditions, and if you lose because of a fluke, oh well. You just have to prepare. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

At the end of the day its all opinion. 

In my opinion your memory is favorable bc we actually won. Watching that game, to me, was painful when players cant perform not even at 50% of their talent level; When an entire position (qb) is completely removed from both teams; and when neither team can execute its gameplan not bc of incompetence but bc of weather. There are only 16 games in a season and only 8 home games. To me, today was a waste of my money.

I pay to watch top notch athletes perform; and not to watch a spectacle that amounts to not much more than a pee wee football game. 

Just my opinion. 

Well no, but that's the point. You toughen up and deal with the conditions, and if you lose because of a fluke, oh well. You just have to prepare. 

How do you prepare for a fluke. Is that like want it more than the other team. 

What happens if next week a bad call is made and it is because Tre Falls do to footing and then Parker catches a ball out of bounds but cant see because of conditions and Bills season is over. 

None of that has anything to do with football that is crap weather making it a game of Chance

4 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Hate domes, hate dome games.

Both teams have the same conditions to deal with, and it makes the NFL more interesting and complex. Teams have to be built to suit the conditions. It's better.

And the guy worried about the Bills "playing for their playoff lives"...dude, this team is crap. I wouldn't get any satisfaction, or think this team is any better than they are just because the fall into the playoffs (they would lose soon enough).

They are not contenders, get it? I would sooner have a team that was actually good, that missed the playoffs (due to say an injury to their QB, or some such situation), than a bad team that somehow bumbles into the playoffs.

Agree 100%.  At this point, I was hoping they'd lose out, and get a better position in the draft.....but someone said in here earlier this week, that the Bills are consistent at 7-9, or 8-8 or close to that, so they always are in the middle, which gets them no good picks, which continues the mediocrity. Ugh.

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

"fluke plays and not utilizing players skills"  LOL It's called football. How don't people realize the players with the better skillz still shine if not more in games like these?

It's crazy some of you guys are Bills fans. Make a petition to start the regular season in June to the NFL. Better yet let's just play all games in northern Cali were it's 70 and sunny everyday.

It's our advantage to ensure we have a stud running back to weather these conditions like you seen today. So when teams come to "OUR house" we own them in our home conditions.

This has been going on since 1960 and people are surprised?

Edited by Real McCoy

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How do you prepare for a fluke. Is that like want it more than the other team. 

What happens if next week a bad call is made and it is because Tre Falls do to footing and then Parker catches a ball out of bounds but cant see because of conditions and Bills season is over. 

None of that has anything to do with football that is crap weather making it a game of Chance

A bad call with a fluke fall can happen in any conditions. You seem to want cookie cutter boring football with the same temperature and conditions everywhere. 

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

"fluke plays and not utilizing players skills"  LOL It's called football. How don't people realize the players with the better skillz still shine if not more in games like these?

It's crazy some of you guys are Bills fans. Make a petition to start the regular season in June to the NFL. Better yet let's just play all games in northern Cali were it's 70 and sunny everyday.

It's our advantage to ensure we have a stud running back to weather these conditions like you seen today. So when teams come to "OUR house" we own them in our home conditions.

This has been going on since 1960 and people are surprised. LOL

News flash this game brought the Colts closer to winning than not having it. 

We out talent then and it was close because of the crap conditions 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

A bad call with a fluke fall can happen in any conditions. You seem to want cookie cutter boring football with the same temperature and conditions everywhere. 

I want to see the complete SKILLS of the players paid Millions. 

I want to watch what i just did i can turn Army Navy on

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

It's our advantage to ensure we have a stud running back to weather these conditions like you seen today. So when teams come to "OUR house" we own them.

Lol. K. We really owned the 3-9 colts today. 

Yes “fluke plays and not utilizing players”. Theres a reason why all but 1 super bowl in the last 20+ yrs has been played in either a dome or a warm weather stadium. Nobody wants to watch this crap show today. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I reason that the players have to show MORE skills in this kind of weather. 

Really ok how many times did Zay show his skills?

Ty Hilton how did he show his speed?

Cadet and Shady how was their jump cuts

QBs man their arms were nice 

ANY skill or speed passrush move and or the counters?

It was a crap product and hope i dont see another one again

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Really ok how many times did Zay show his skills?

Ty Hilton how did he show his speed?

Cadet and Shady how was their jump cuts

QBs man their arms were nice 

ANY skill or speed passrush move and or the counters?

Plenty of skill shown from Shady and Benjamin. 

Quarterbacks had to be nearly flawless when throwing the ball given that it was so slick

We pressured Brisset a lot today. Ryan Davis had a very nice sack.

Plenty of skill shown from Shady and Benjamin. 

Quarterbacks had to be nearly flawless when throwing the ball given that it was so slick

We pressured Brisset a lot today. Ryan Davis had a very nice sack.

Really plenty of skill?  Sure ok 

i hope i never watch another game like i just did 

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

News flash this game brought the Colts closer to winning than not having it. 

We out talent then and it was close because of the crap conditions 

New Flash we won. I'm sure this new coaching staff learned a very good lesson today as well about playing and how to play in Buffalo. I'm sure draft day it will be a intangible they consider if they are smart with players that can handle playing in the elements.

I want a million Dollars. I want a Superbowl. Suck it up in Texas Bobby, this is Buffalo Bills football.

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, Real McCoy said:

New Flash we won. I'm sure this new coaching staff learned a very good lesson today as well about playing and how to play in Buffalo. 

I want a million Dollars. I want a Superbowl. Suck it up in Texas Bobby, this is Buffalo Bills football.

Born and Raised up there. Only in Texas right now for work reasons. 

If today's game were in a dome, it would be just another forgettable game between two forgettable teams. Add in some lake effect snow and we have a game everyone will remember. They will be showing clips of this game for years to come. 

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Born and Raised up there. Only in Texas right now for work reasons. 

Not trying to be an ass on replying back to you. I just don't understand it?  This is all I've known from growing up in Tonawanda, NY and what I love about football in December with the Bills. It's a element growing up playing HS, peewee and pick up backyard football that I love.  It's a element myself and 2/3rds of the fans on this poll do not want to see gone. 

The Biils won as McCoy is better than Gore and our D actually played well. Coach will have his team better prepared for these games in the future the longer he is here.

Edited by Real McCoy