"Not a chance." - Rodak on Coaching Change

BigDingus

Stunned this is even a topic. 12 games in, people are ready to run this coaching staff and front office out of town and they're 6-6 with a mediocre QB, a D predicated on good LBing play of which they have little to show for that; an OL that sucks; a depleted WR core. Unreal.

And save the "They traded Watkins which was dumb." Go look at his numbers... of wait nevermind just assume he's awesome (hint: he sucks with a waaaay better QB and offense and he's been outplayed by Bobby Woods.) Dareus is the same guy in Jax now. So he's not missed. 

Can't build a team in one off season esp when the current GM wasn't here for FA or the draft. 

If McD is getting buy in, that is huge. So soon people forget the complaining, publicly, about Rex's D by his players. That's no unity, that's not leadership, and that's not a process or plan. 

You build organizations, no matter what they are, over time. And when you're dealing with human, that means some lumps along the way as you figure it out, especially for a first time coach.

But go on, complain about them, it's what happens here with emotion over ration.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Read my original post that you replied to. Then my reply to your reply. Then it will ALL be clear.

Mr. Big Stuff was one of my favorite guys, but the middle of our D line DID turn into a marshmallow and Jacksonville's DID get better.  So maybe it wasn't just "whining" as you call it, but a valid criticism?

But I see how you are.  Don't say anything bad about Saint Sean the Infallible.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Mr. Big Stuff was one of my favorite guys, but the middle our line DID turn into a marshmallow and Jacksonville's DID get better.  So maybe it wasn't just "whining" as you call it, but a valid criticism?

But I see how you are.  Don't say anything bad about Saint Sean the Infallible.

i hardly think he's infallible. i'm just willing to give his plan a chance.

i'm not gonna be one of the idiots around here that are screaming for a coaching/gm change less than a year in.

that's fail-thinking. and fail-people thinking it.

6 hours ago, RiotAct said:

as stupid and head-scratching as many of McD’s (and Beane’s) decisions have been this season, I agree they should get 2 years at a bare mininum.  

And the only reason you fire them next year is if we vastly underachieve (say, 5-11 or worse).

they're setting up their team. The moves seem very head scratching on the surface, but obviously they want a different attitude and type of player here... He actually over achieved IMO given the roster turn over.

If they look like the team that got destroyed 3 weeks in a row next year than patience will run out, but I think they will improve under this regime... Minus a QB that can put up points they should of beat the Jets on TNF and kept the Patsies in check they just couldn't control the ball on Offense, thats a QB issue mostly. AND This is with a D with a fully rebuilt DB and a bunch of  scrubs that are doing better than expected minus those blow outs.

I'm willing to give McBeane combo more than 2 and hopefully worthy of more than 3 because continuity wil help things a lot

ANother lost season but I'm maintaining optomism going forward. Got to see what they do with this team *** cough *** during the offseason and how it translates on the field for another pair of seasons

Just now, joesixpack said:

i'm not gonna be one of the idiots around here that are screaming for a coaching/gm change less than a year in.

Agreed. 

But if he does something dumb, I'm going to call him out on it anyway which is my constitutional right as a Bills fan :)

But yeah, firing him now would be dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing that gets me the most about all of the Tyrod Taylor crap is the fact that good teams even with good defenses and good quarterbacks sometimes get into what is called a shootout with another good team that has a great offense and defense and they score sometimes both teams in the thirty point range. This is the NFL all the rules are now skewed too the offenses and quarterbacks. There are very few good defensively based games where teams almost shut each other out and they usually involve us and some other incompetent offensive team. So stop making this team about defense and running and lets get an air raid offense that slings the ball all over the field because at least its fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Yup nailed it.  Fans are just impatient...

I think this regime has given themselves an opportunity to be successful long term if they find the QB

....ABSOLUTELY......you don't think the OBD upheaval and patchwork FO, Administration which leads to coaching selections isn't a MAJOR reason why we're at year 17 with 18 possibly looming?.....it's been a mess since Polian days......NON football people promoted into positions that they were not qualified for based on "trust", etc......or guys past their prime trying to call the shots.....and the resulting dumpster fire as far as coaching staffs is the end result of "17".....McD LOGICALLY and REASONABLY (except here) has a learning curve, now as the Big Dawg in charge of all 3 phases versus defensive concentration only......if the transition is so easy, why do coordinators who become HC's end up right back in coordinator positions more often than not?.....McD and Beane will get at least three years to get it right......Train Wrecks and his clown show hardly deserved two....MINUTES....let alone two years....

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Writers gotta write....

Upgrade the offensive staff, add talent and move forward. 

...therein lies the $64,000 question......is McD loyal to Dennison and Castillo?......does he pull a "Wade" and protect them, possibly citing personnel as being the principal reasons versus their coaching and systems?.....probably should ask the same about Frazier......after the 3 game disaster, he attributes winning the 4th one to "better controlling our gaps"....THREE freaking bombs to realize gap control was the culprit?....gonna be an interesting off season bud..............

25 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...therein lies the $64,000 question......is McD loyal to Dennison and Castillo?......does he pull a "Wade" and protect them, possibly citing personnel as being the principal reasons versus their coaching and systems?.....probably should ask the same about Frazier......after the 3 game disaster, he attributes winning the 4th one to "better controlling our gaps"....THREE freaking bombs to realize gap control was the culprit?....gonna be an interesting off season bud..............

Well, wasn’t Dennison the 2nd or 3rd choice? I’m hoping he’s smart enough to move on. Pegs can afford to eat the contracts. Just my hope....

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....ABSOLUTELY......you don't think the OBD upheaval and patchwork FO, Administration which leads to coaching selections isn't a MAJOR reason why we're at year 17 with 18 possibly looming?.....it's been a mess since Polian days......NON football people promoted into positions that they were not qualified for based on "trust", etc......or guys past their prime trying to call the shots.....and the resulting dumpster fire as far as coaching staffs is the end result of "17".....McD LOGICALLY and REASONABLY (except here) has a learning curve, now as the Big Dawg in charge of all 3 phases versus defensive concentration only......if the transition is so easy, why do coordinators who become HC's end up right back in coordinator positions more often than not?.....McD and Beane will get at least three years to get it right......Train Wrecks and his clown show hardly deserved two....MINUTES....let alone two years....

Agreed.  The fans will not be happy until we have a winning season though.  It doesn't matter if we look like we are going in the right direction or not, they will just criticize and call for more firings releasing their frustrations.  And the cycle continues

On 12/5/2017 at 10:31 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet, I have seen just that idea floated about the murky seas of this very board.

I'm sure it does but keep in mind that should the Patriots lose to the next two or three games and equally stupid people will be calling for a QB and/or coaching change in Boston (I live there and I heard that floated on WEEI and message boards). Doesn't mean it would happen.

Edited by HT02

On 12/6/2017 at 6:03 PM, Augie said:

Well, wasn’t Dennison the 2nd or 3rd choice? I’m hoping he’s smart enough to move on. Pegs can afford to eat the contracts. Just my hope....

....so why, where or how does the McCoy infatuation develop?..........his track record?...........I missed the memo.................

Unfortunately I also believe Dennison will be back next year because he can use Taylor as a scapegoat as to why the offense was horrible and very limited in the passing game.

But don't be surprised if he's Greg Roman'd early in the 2018 season once McD and Beane start to feel the heat and need their own scapegoats.