The Pass Rush

4. 4 sacks by Shaq Lawson leads the team. This is inexcusable. For a team with a head coach that is strong suited to defense and a DC that used to be a HC you would think that they can figure out how to rush the passer. Now, I get that there is more to defense than sack and that we play a bend don't break philosophy...but 4?

And aside from those 4 sacks Hughes and Alexander have 3 each. Team has 20. Pressure is non existent. 

Call for Dennison to be canned all you want...I want a new DC more. 

27 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yeah, it seems Jerry benefited from having Mario, Kyle, and Dareus all healthy. Now with an aging Kyle, and basically just an edge setter in Shaq he is not as effective as he was with all them. 

I get that as that makes sense. And to an extent Frazier is cooking with some of Rex Ryan's groceries still...

34 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This defense has VERY limited talent in the front 7.  Have you watched them play?  Scheme all you want.  You need dogs out there, people that are not wussies.  Based on what I saw after White was hit, we have a bunch of selfish players on defense, not a team.

So this is what every thread becomes now? The late hit? Caveman mentality? 

36 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The players on our defensive line aren't good. 

A different scheme isn't going to make our pass rush any better. There's no talent up front. 

Don't have talent up front? How about sending a corner blitz, how about sending any kind of rush that is different then just our 4 poor pass rushers? Scheming them to get pressure is the ONLY way to get it without talent. A better DC perhaps may be able to figure that out. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We just don't enough of the thoroughbred studs along the line 

....so why were we defensively adept enough to get to 5-2 but woefully INEPT for the three game skid?....please forget the Dareus crying towel.......Smokin' Leslie Frazier said after the skid was broken that "we had better gap discipline"......THREE freakin' azz whippings to figure out the problem was "gap discipline"?...seriously?.....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so why were we defensively adept enough to get to 5-2 but woefully INEPT for the three game skid?....please forget the Dareus crying towel.......Smokin' Leslie Frazier said after the skid was broken that "we had better gap discipline"......THREE freakin' azz whippings to figure out the problem was "gap discipline"?...seriously?.....

Yea "gap discipline"

Translation- had to re learn how to plays gaps without Dareus taking double teams 

i firmly believe that Dareus was the anchor of the Defense. You can't replace his run stuffing abilities 

they brought in another big body and tried adjusting 

The pass rush is non-existent. The Bills has the 2nd fewest sacks in the league as of the other day (don’t know if that changed). It makes the job that the secondary has done even more impressive IMO. They have had to cover longer. 

With that hat being said I would expect at least 3 new starters in the front 7 next year (and Milano). I would think that we are looking at 2 DL and at least one LB. Maybe that will help the Bills in the pass rush and at the point of attack. 

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

4. 4 sacks by Shaq Lawson leads the team. This is inexcusable. For a team with a head coach that is strong suited to defense and a DC that used to be a HC you would think that they can figure out how to rush the passer. Now, I get that there is more to defense than sack and that we play a bend don't break philosophy...but 4?

And aside from those 4 sacks Hughes and Alexander have 3 each. Team has 20. Pressure is non existent. 

Call for Dennison to be canned all you want...I want a new DC more. 

Strongly disagree.  Leslie Frazier has done a nice job with a lot of aging players on the front 7.  Not much talent there right now.  The system relies on pass rush from the front 4 so the secondary can feast.  The team did well at times this year. We had a decent pass rush when we were getting turnovers left and right early in the season.  A couple of fresh faces on the front 7 will help a lot.  Our defense has been a bright spot most of the year in terms of holding teams to few points.  With the lack of talent we have...that's pretty good.  I think you aren't giving Frazier enough credit.  He also did fairly well against Tom Brady, we sacked him a few times and got pressure on him.  

He definitely deserves another season.  Don't be so quick to fire everybody...too much turnover can hurt development

On 12/5/2017 at 6:26 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Don't have talent up front? How about sending a corner blitz, how about sending any kind of rush that is different then just our 4 poor pass rushers? Scheming them to get pressure is the ONLY way to get it without talent. A better DC perhaps may be able to figure that out. 

If it were that easy, I'm sure they'd be doing it.

If they blitz and don't get home, which has been the case for most of the year when they've tried it, they'll get torched on the back end. 

The Bills D is really bad. We have zero players who we can build around. It's just a collection of backup calibre players. 

On 12/5/2017 at 6:28 PM, Augie said:

Aside from a Franchise QB, build the LINES! 

Exactly.  I wouldn't be disappointed if we passed on WR and RB in the draft if we can get the QB we want and upgrade the OL and DL.

Our defense is going to be built around the secondary. We need a lot more from the front 7. I'd forgo a qb (unless there's somebody they really feel strongly about) for an Aaron Donald sort; some sort of interior talent (I know, he's probably the best D lineman in the NFL right now). BPA at the trenches both sides, or linebackers.. so many holes.

Granted I know nothing about CFB, don't really care for draft speculation since it's a crapshoot.

35 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If he is there you just got to get him. Rams worried about the line year two with Goff and they are doing fine now. 

yea sink or swim. If their QB guy is actually available, by all means get him and just draft trenches later.