My Dream: Can Taylor be our Slash?

39 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

TT has a big contract for a 2nd string QB.

First he'd have to be let go by Bills, test FA.

Then nobody calls and he renegotiates a new contract worth about $3 mil.

Just to keep you happy?

That's not going to happen................

....hmmm....appears that $16 mil for a modern day Cordell Stewart won't work for you.........stymies Dennison's offensive prowess and creativity IMO.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

STILL can't believe we were paying him something like $3 MILLION for gimmick ball back in 2012.....

Wasn't it $4M??  Still the most inexplicable contract and misalignment of fan expectations and player potential ever.

Outside of returning kicks, he averaged something like two touches a game in his career.

3 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I do not want to see the Bills trade up in the next draft.  I want them to keep the picks they have and pick best player available at their positions of need (DT, OT, LB, G).  My dream is to get Cousins.  He has the skills but also the experience.  We will not have to wait years for him to growth into an NFL QB.  But I would also like to see is keep Taylor as a backup and multi skilled player.  I love his work ethics and professionalism.  I would be more than happy to have him as our backup and use him in multi positions where he can help create mismatches and confusion for the opposing defense.  Can he be our slash?  He can evade, throw the deep ball and I am sure he can catch.  Thoughts?

Why you want to put Joe Webb out of a job, man?

15 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I do not want to see the Bills trade up in the next draft.  I want them to keep the picks they have and pick best player available at their positions of need (DT, OT, LB, G).  My dream is to get Cousins.  He has the skills but also the experience.  We will not have to wait years for him to growth into an NFL QB.  But I would also like to see is keep Taylor as a backup and multi skilled player.  I love his work ethics and professionalism.  I would be more than happy to have him as our backup and use him in multi positions where he can help create mismatches and confusion for the opposing defense.  Can he be our slash?  He can evade, throw the deep ball and I am sure he can catch.  Thoughts?

Tyrod would never go for this, you would also be paying well over 30 mil to the qbs. Even if we do sign cousins we need to take a qb early I think. The tyrod era is done

16 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I would be lying if I haven't had these same thoughts before. Sometimes I look at his stats and think that they would be fantastic if they were paired with a real QB. Something like; Cousins: 18-25 230yds 2TD Taylor: 3-5 40yds. 7 rushes for 50 yards. Maybe catch a screen. 

I think I even had a dream about it. But then I woke up, realized there's no effing way that has ever worked and will never work and I disregard it.