MNF: Steelers at Bengals

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Takes a well-coached team to blow a 17-point lead at home and set an NFL record for most penalty yards. Peace out, Marvin...

OR one team has big ben , and the other doesn't. Its all about the qb in today's NFL

Just now, balln said:

OR one team has big ben , and the other doesn't. Its all about the qb in today's NFL

I actually credit Antonio Brown more with the Steelers record than Roethlisberger this year. The guy is that good. Trade the Steelers and Bengals receivers, I bet the Bengals win this game. As good as AJ Green is he’s little league next to Brown.

1 minute ago, billsintaiwan said:

Dalton can't catch the damn ball 

I didnt see big ben take a crippling sack on 3rd down in the 4th q

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, Marvin has a good enough team. He’s just a terrible coach and leader. 

If we are talking about tonights outcome - No? Really. Its probably more about the QB and less about the coach. I DO think cincy should fire him and get some fresh younger coaching blood in there. 

11 minutes ago, balln said:

imagine if we ended up w big ben. thats one of the nearest misses ever for this franchise

Jags and Texans flat out passed on him.  Bills would have had to trade up.

Edited by mannc

I get the taunting penalty but not sure I understand why the block was illegal (though I gather it was). Burfict was in a defenceless posture but I'm not sure watching the replay that JuJu hit him in the head. Looks to me like contact might have been a shoulder high to the chest with no helmet to the head or neck. And JuJu did not "launch". Always had at least one foot on the ground, left foot at contact.

Just now, balln said:

look up crack back / they even highlighted the origin of the illegality stemming from a hines ward hit years ago 

Yeah I remember Ward's hit on the linebacker, but it was to the head (broke his jaw). Not sure I see that on this play (though maybe it was). Didn't think all crack backs were illegal. 

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I am amazed that these guys who all share the same risk that each game can be their last still have such little respect for each other.  This rivalry may get to see someone die on the field before these two teams get the message.

After all the butt whoopins and ending of our seasons, wouldn't it be nice to see the Bills play the Pats with this kind of intensity?  

One wonders if the NFL had sent a  stronger message against (literal) head hunting in the Gronk case if it would have had any effect tonight.  Probably not, but the post-game angst and outrage by the talking heads against plays that to me don't even compare to what he did is kind of crazy to me

14 minutes ago, stevewin said:

One wonders if the NFL had sent a  stronger message against (literal) head hunting in the Gronk case if it would have had any effect tonight.  Probably not, but the post-game angst and outrage by the talking heads against plays that to me don't even compare to what he did is kind of crazy to me

If Shazier gets up (and celebrates no doubt) after he inflicts that hit with his helmet, there's no penalty, no attention paid during or after the game to the hit. And of course it wasn't penalized on the field either.  It's hard to watch as you can see Shazier's head compressed into his body, followed by his legs going limp and his obviously panicked reaction with his hands.  That's why this kind of "tackle" is supposed to be illegal. The NFL still - after all the talk about concussions, CTE, settlement funds, etc., etc. - still does not take the issue seriously.  Will this turn the tide? I hope Shazier recovers, and I hope it does turn the tide.

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If Shazier gets up (and celebrates no doubt) after he inflicts that hit with his helmet, there's no penalty, no attention paid during or after the game to the hit. And of course it wasn't penalized on the field either.  It's hard to watch as you can see Shazier's head compressed into his body, followed by his legs going limp and his obviously panicked reaction with his hands.  That's why this kind of "tackle" is supposed to be illegal. The NFL still - after all the talk about concussions, CTE, settlement funds, etc., etc. - still does not take the issue seriously.  Will this turn the tide? I hope Shazier recovers, and I hope it does turn the tide.

Would this be a bad time to point out that Shazier is a dirty player?  I have seen him lay out guys with vicious headshots multiple times.  Not saying he deserved what happened tonight, but...live by the sword....

1 hour ago, balln said:

There was heated talk of trading up - per donahue - many years later

Actually there was a trade with parameters already worked out between the Bills and Houston. Mort said it was a " done deal" on ESPN during the early part of 1st round. DeAgelo hall got picked by ATL and the Texans got spooked that Dunta Robinson wouldn't be available for them with the Bills pick. They cancelled the deal at the last minute. A near miss for the Bills on Big Ben 

59 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The hit should have been penalized. He led with his helmet.