ESPN-Jim Kelly on 97 Rock....again..

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30309/sean-mcdermott-defends-players-after-jim-kelly-questions-response-to-hit

Why does Jim insert himself into every situation with this team?    It's embarrassing and ridiculous.   He has managed to make the national media 2x this year.   Please go away, Jim.  You retired 20 years ago and are of absolutely no relevance to this franchise going forward.

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I haven't read or listened to exactly what he said, but his general position is correct. McDermott's response is symbolic of the Bills consistently bending over and spreading them for the Patriots. 

He may be right (I tend to agree).  However, this isn't about right/wrong.  This is about Jim and his ridiculous ego and what he thinks he means to the franchise today.  Again, he is trying to create wedge issues with the team.   Go hunting, Jim....actually, go anywhere.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

soft team. "defend your dirt"..."family" this, "family" that...

but when it boils down to it, you allow the player that just injured your star rookie, walk away. please. i've been over McD and his cliches

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I haven't read or listened to exactly what he said, but his general position is correct. McDermott's response is symbolic of the Bills consistently bending over and spreading them for the Patriots. 

thats hilarious dude.

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

soft team. "defend your dirt"..."family" this, "family" that...

but when it boils down to it, you allow the player that just injured your star rookie, walk away. please. i've been over McD and his cliches

The only dirt this Bills team is defending are their collective "dirt chutes". Although they are doing a poor job at that too. 

29 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30309/sean-mcdermott-defends-players-after-jim-kelly-questions-response-to-hit

Why does Jim insert himself into every situation with this team?    It's embarrassing and ridiculous.   He has managed to make the national media 2x this year.   Please go away, Jim.  You retired 20 years ago and are of absolutely no relevance to this franchise going forward.

Not surprised by his response.  I think if you ask any ex-NFL player they'd tell you the same thing.

Jim is correct.   Gronk should have been pummeled by the 10 remaining players on the field.   You must defend your teammates when they are subjected to such a cheap shot.   He could have done permanent neck or spinal damage.  I thought the culture of the team was changing when they cleared the bench to celebrate a first down.  Now they allow cheap shots.   Soft team going nowhere fast.

2 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Winning excuses all else I suppose.

I don't think it excuses all else. The Pats are an example of that.

It answers the question of why would people listen to a leader of the only team to go to the Superbowl 4 times in a row. A team that was known for their resilience. 

Guys who are still friends to this day.

So when he mentions something about how a team should act to be a team, it makes perfect sense to consider his opinion.

It does not make any sense to say, what does he know? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1