2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We cant have this be another 2004 draft where THREE top QBs went early, we didnt do enough to move up, and then settled on Losman (aka Mayfield).

Get serious about the QB position for ONCE in this franchise's history, and do whatever it takes to get a top QB prospect.

Anything else is just spinning the wheels.

Agreed that we likely need to bite the bullet need to move up.

But I could see it being for Mayfield. Only thing going against the kid is his height, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

how many picks would you trade for Aron Rodgers? Of course I would, but I think your estimate is wrong.

Rodgers was picked in the 20s, they can stay put for that.

For the Falcons to move up 20 spots to 6 (Bills need to move higher than 6 and that costs more), they gave up picks 26, 54, 124, 1st and 4th the next year.  I don't think I'm that far off.  Bills need a Qb but you are mortgaging the next 5 years on this GM and HC...

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

For my choice at QB. In a heartbeat

Yeah I'm in agreement here.  The Bills are in a really good spot for trading up with their ammunition.  I understand it will be difficult but I think teams would like the idea of 2 2018 1st and a 2019 1st over a 2018, 19, and 20 1st if it does indeed take 3 of them to get it done.  I wouldn't be on board with that much though if 2 or 3 qbs are already gone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agreed that we likely need to bite the bullet need to move up.

But I could see it being for Mayfield. Only thing going against the kid is his height, IMO. 

Height

Asshat

The fact that he has a month to throw in college but won't in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Jackington said:

Rodgers was picked in the 20s, they can stay put for that.

For the Falcons to move up 20 spots to 6 (Bills need to move higher than 6 and that costs more), they gave up picks 26, 54, 124, 1st and 4th the next year.  I don't think I'm that far off.  Bills need a Qb but you are mortgaging the next 5 years on this GM and HC...

How many years do you want to watch shditty quarterback play and miss the playoffs. No cost is to high, you cannot go cheap on QB's, been tried for 17 years.

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

How many years do you want to watch shditty quarterback play and miss the playoffs. No cost is to high, you cannot go cheap on QB's, been tried for 17 years.

I don't really disagree, but look at how often top QBs bust.  It's probably over 50%.  That's 3-5 years of a stinky team on a 50/50 bet.  Good scouting and systems can make a non top 10 QB into a quality starter.  Look at Cousins.  Wilson. 4 of the top 6 passers this year are not 1st rounders.  Stafford is in that and they don't win with him.  And the other 1st round QB, Rivers, when has he last been to the playoffs?  Oh yeah, when they had LT.

It's a tough bet to make...

57 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Or pay the price for Cousins and take the best players with the picks 

im only interested in Mayfield but not trading a bunch of picks to get him.  

Love the idea of paying for Cousins and upgrading the OL with one of those 2 picks in the first round. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, rodneykm said:

Love the idea of paying for Cousins and upgrading the OL with one of those 2 picks in the first round. 

I am Ok with paying Cousins however it hurts more if your wrong than any trade up for a young Rookie contract QB will

3 minutes ago, Jackington said:

I don't really disagree, but look at how often top QBs bust.  It's probably over 50%.  That's 3-5 years of a stinky team on a 50/50 bet.  Good scouting and systems can make a non top 10 QB into a quality starter.  Look at Cousins.  Wilson. 4 of the top 6 passers this year are not 1st rounders.  Stafford is in that and they don't win with him.  And the other 1st round QB, Rivers, when has he last been to the playoffs?  Oh yeah, when they had LT.

It's a tough bet to make...

I do not want a "quality" starter, I want a MVP Superbowl QB and anything else is worth nothing. I would be willing to gamble on great then settle on OK. Enough settling and trying to manufacture a great QB. It doesn't work. 

3 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

If Cousins was all that, why is he available. And please don't blame the cap, teams do not let franchise QB's go.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Height

Asshat

The fact that he has a month to throw in college but won't in the NFL.

Height is not a complete disqualification. Seeinter alia, R. Wilson, D. Brees, A. Rodgers, A. Dalton; https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/11/18/nfl-quarterbacks-does-height-matter/76023390/

Look around the league. Asshats are seemingly welcome. 

My next move after giving up whatever to get whichever QB is deemed the best is to invest heavily in the OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

All a matterof cost. I love Darnold and Baker, but the two firsts are too high a cost for the  number of holes needed to fill with quality players. But man would  I love to see one of  them in a Bills uniform in 2018.

Dear lord, you should like the Bills.  That is not close to too much for a qb.  But let's keep passing on the money and hoping 5th rounders and 6th round FAs are the answer.

20 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

If you identify a franchise QB you trade everything needed to get him.  Period.  If Rosen is that guy, trade the boat.  

What would you trade for weintz? Or Kelly?  

Or Jameis or Tannehill or Bradford or Bridgewater or RGIII or Weeden Or EJ Manuel or Bortles or Manziel

I get wanting a QB, but it's not easy...

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

The 15th & 20th pick plus the 5th round pick from Dareus trade and the 2018 pick from the Ragland trade for 

MASON RUDOLPH!

QB2018.jpg

Rudolph will be available late first, maybe even the second.  You don't have to trade up to get him and I'd be disappointed if he was our pick.

I think there will be serviceable vet QBs available.  Use the picks to build a foundation.  Get a friggin' O-line and D-line.  Maybe trade another vet or two for young solid players.

This team is not going to win with Ducasse & Mills on the Right Side....

I don't care what anyone says. I'd rather keep the picks and see if the Bills can land Cousins. The pics are worth more than an unproven rookie QB that more than likely will take most of our top picks to reach for. I'd rather use the pics on DL, OL, LB, WR and pick a RB in the 3rd or 4th. Its time to build a team and have the pieces in place, if they can't land Cousins then get your QB in the next draft after you have the pieces in place to not get the kid killed.