When the dust settles, I’m mad, and you should be too...

McBean

One of the top 3 QBs to be drafted last year went in the 10th to a team that placed 4th in the AFC.

Just cuz its not a supertank doesnt mean we cant draft a good prospect. Im starting to question this teams talent recognition with all the trades/releases and the ps Super Hero Lee at LB for the pats*

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

.  No team in the NFL tanks. 

Absolutely right.  To tank you have to have everyone on board.  What player in his right mind is going to decrease his individual performance and value for the sake of his team moving up in the draft.  In the old days that might have occurred, but today, with free agency and salaries as they are, it's everyone for himself, no matter what anyone says.

We didnt set ourselves back at all. In football more than any other sport drafting high doesnt mean you get the right player.

Roethlesberger was drafted 18th, Flacco was a mid first round pick..Rodgers was picked 26th, Brees 32nd in 2nd round, Carr in 2nd round, Brady 6th round, Wilson 3rd round, Prescott 4th round...

Tanking doesn't guarantee you anything in football and you dont really need to do it if you draft well.

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We didnt set ourselves back at all. In football more than any other sport drafting high doesnt mean you get the right player.

Roethlesberger was drafted 18th, Flacco was a mid first round pick..Rodgers was picked 26th, Brees 32nd in 2nd round, Carr in 2nd round, Brady 6th round, Wilson 3rd round, Prescott 4th round...

Tanking doesn't guarantee you anything in football and you dont really need to do it if you draft well.

Roethlesberger was drafted 11th.  Two picks ahead of the Bills

Just now, /dev/null said:

Roethlesberger was drafted 11th.  Two picks ahead of the Bills

My bad...I think Flacco was drafted 18th..

Either way, still shows you dont need a 1st overall pick at QB to be good

One more slip by the Chiefs vs. the Chargers and their pick will shoot up into the top 15 as well.  

Bills will be fine for draft capital on draft day - we'll just have to watch and see how the all-new staff does picking the players.  Won't really know until 2019 or so though.

Btw, Jared Goff was a bust last year - remember?  :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

My bad...I think Flacco was drafted 18th..

Either way, still shows you dont need a 1st overall pick at QB to be good

Also debatable how good Flacco really is - but your point is 100% valid - lots of good QBs aren't at the top of the draft, though it's also true a lot of them are.

I also question all these predictions that Mayfield is a late 1st pick - if he tears it up in the playoffs, how id he not in the top 10?

3 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Also debatable how good Flacco really is - but your point is 100% valid - lots of good QBs aren't at the top of the draft, though it's also true a lot of them are.

I also question all these predictions that Mayfield is a late 1st pick - if he tears it up in the playoffs, how id he not in the top 10?

I'm not a big Flacco fan either but he has a Super Bowl ring and played really well for a few postseasons as well...

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Hang in there bud. Rudolph and Mayfield won’t go in the top 10, maybe not even top 20.

Darnald and Rosen will go top 5.

Buffalo will have a pick in the top 15, we should have the ability to grab a top 3 QB.

There's no way Mayfield doesn't go top 20 imo... I'm almost certain he'll go top 10, especially if they win their playoff game and get to the National Championship. Also, there's always 1 or 2 QB's whose draft stock skyrockets after the combine, the closer we get to draft day.

If the Bills snagged Mayfield without having to trade up, I'd be stoked. I'd be thrilled if we get any of the top guys though, as they're all better than the class we had last year (minus Watson). Reminds me of the Rivers, Manning & Roethlisberger draft class (the one where we traded back into the 1st round & took JP Losman...ugh). 

Hopefully, we'll have better luck this go-around.