72 Hours of Buffalo Sports Hell Coming Up

BuffaloBaumer

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Starting Friday night, the schedule is as follows:

Friday - Sabres vs Penguins

Saturday - Sabres vs Penguins

Sunday - Bills vs Patriots

You'll want to tune in to WGR 550 come 3pm on Monday because it will probably be the best entertainment of the whole season!

UB vs Bona basketball Saturday is a win-win.

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I don't think people freak out about Patriots games... most chalk it up as a loss.

It only hurts when it's close which apparently no NFL team can even play a close game with NE now

Sack and fumble with NE kicking a fg to win last minute coming right up......

54 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

When you build a team to lose, it's hard to instantly turn it around quickly (Tanking for McDavid).

Ceptin Pittsburgh, Washington, Blackhawks, Maple Leafs.all did it pretty damn quick. Arizona, Edmonton, and Carolina not so fast. Think it matters much more whos making the decisions, not the tank itself.

4 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

What would a $100 parlay bet on 3 buffalo wins pay out?

I selected the Sabres, Sabres,  and Bills on the money line and clicked bet. Instead of it giving me the odds it said "sorry we do not accept charitable donations, we appreciate your kindness and warm heart"

That's odd I was pretty sure they loved my donations!

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Ceptin Pittsburgh, Washington, Blackhawks, Maple Leafs.all did it pretty damn quick. Arizona, Edmonton, and Carolina not so fast. Think it matters much more whos making the decisions, not the tank itself.

Getting the top pick and gutting a team and relying on the top pick to step in and lead you to glory are two different things.  The Leafs for example (my team) signed veterans to establish Babcocks new structure so when the influx of kids came there was something already established to plug them into.

1 hour ago, Woodman19 said:

When you build a team to lose, it's hard to instantly turn it around quickly (Tanking for McDavid).

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that the Sabres were going to the bottom regardless if they made the trades or not

They had just picked 8th in the draft the year before the tank and their trajectory was going down towards the bottom.

That was bound to happen at some point because the Sabres had only 1 pick in the top 5 (2003 - Vanek) since 1987.

The trades were necessary. They were all upcoming UFAs who were getting older and on a downward trajectory. The correct thing to do is to start from scratch and get what you can for those players. It's flat out ignorance to think what the Sabres did was wrong. 

The Sabres won't be down for long. People look at the record and think wow they really suck but there are some good pieces there and they have some nice pieces in place and the prospect pool is getting stocked well. 

Edited by suorangefan4