Who would destroy the Bills in the playoffs?

unclepete

Just curious, I keep hearing this. Outside of the Steelers and the Patriots. And honestly we just seen the Pats struggle with the Jets and the Steelers almost lose to the Packers.

The Ravens?

Chiefs?

Titans?

Jags?

Bengals?

Raiders?

Chargers?

The Bills are just as good (or bad) as any of these teams. I promise people hear a narrative and run with it. 

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

From that list, the Jags and Chargers would put the biggest hurt on the Bills.

I think the Jags aren't very good. They lost to the Cardinals and should have lost to San Diego. San Diego already crushed us but I think spotting them 5 turnovers in the first half made that game deceiving. I don't think they're THAT much better than us

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

From that list, the Jags and Chargers would put the biggest hurt on the Bills.

Depends which Bills' D shows up. If the good version of the D shows up I don't see the Jags scoring much and since their D relies on turnovers and the Bills don't tend to give the ball away, it would likely be a low scoring game on both sides. Chargers are a tougher matchup, but again, if the good D shows up it would be a close game.

Now, if the bad D shows up, they're getting blown out no matter who they play.

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hypothetical question, obviously.

Of course. Just curious as to why I keep hearing "The Bills shouldn't make the playoffs because they'll get crushed" or "Making the playoffs would set this team back because we're not a playoff team". With that logic, only 2 teams in the AFC deserve to be in the playoffs.

I think the Jags defense could give Tyrod fits. It would be like a repeat of the Jets game, especially if we are missing Cordy. I too think the 5 first half turnovers made the Chargers game FAR worse than it would have been and that we could beat them. For me, it's the Jags. 

8 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Of course. Just curious as to why I keep hearing "The Bills shouldn't make the playoffs because they'll get crushed" or "Making the playoffs would set this team back because we're not a playoff team". With that logic, only 2 teams in the AFC deserve to be in the playoffs.

I was being kind of facetious with the "obviously" but in all seriousness, no one knows how it would go. 

two teams in the list imo would likely win,  jags and chargers but all would have the same chance as the bills to win.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Word on the forum is that chargers can whack us any week any place. Gee golly I hope we don't play the unbeatable. Might as well roll out our practice squad to see what we have for next year

59 yard kid would totally have taken it to the Chargers ??‍♂️

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

I was talking to a guy earlier today about this actually. The Bills could beat any team in the AFC outside of the obvious two. It looks like the Chargers are starting to click right now and maybe they would be a tough one, but the Jags, Titans, Ravens, etc. don't scare me. I mean, they could just as easily shut down our offense as we could theirs, but we are in the same league as those teams. It would be a shame that this year offers our best chance to get in and we may very well miss out, but let's see how the next few weeks play out.

3 hours ago, unclepete said:

Just curious, I keep hearing this. Outside of the Steelers and the Patriots. And honestly we just seen the Pats struggle with the Jets and the Steelers almost lose to the Packers.

The Ravens?

Chiefs?

Titans?

Jags?

Bengals?

Raiders?

Chargers?

The Bills are just as good (or bad) as any of these teams. I promise people hear a narrative and run with it. 

Our path would quickly lead us to a game in Foxboro.

NE would kill us in their stadium in a playoff game.  We would be annihilated.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I think the Jags defense could give Tyrod fits. It would be like a repeat of the Jets game, especially if we are missing Cordy. I too think the 5 first half turnovers made the Chargers game FAR worse than it would have been and that we could beat them. For me, it's the Jags. 

We beat them last year. Its one of taylors 3 comeback games.

4 hours ago, unclepete said:

The Ravens?

Chiefs?

Titans?

Jags?

Bengals?

Raiders?

Chargers?

From the little st the Chargers, and Jags and the Jags would shut the Bills out. Add in steelers,and Pats

18 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

We beat them last year. Its one of taylors 3 comeback games.

NOT the same Jags team. That D is scary scary good. It is the only D as a fan that truly scares m.