6 hours ago, Gugny said:

— Scooter (@HoregonTrail) November 28, 2017

Are you serious lol

— BrandonJohnson (@BrandonMFFL) November 28, 2017

Try to pass for more then 200 yards then I will

— Pearse Marry (@pearsemarry616) November 28, 2017

If you can make throws down field more than 10 yards then maybe

— Speed Daddy (@RwDuck) November 28, 2017

Huh? Seriously?? It’s not April 1st, is it??

— Bob Sexton (@bobsexton66) November 28, 2017

Wait…..how did you get to 2 Pro Bowls???

— Matt (@Fordcards122) November 28, 2017

Buy your own ticket like the rest of the fans.

— Chad Ror (@C_RORRIS) November 28, 2017

3rd pro bowl?how the !@#$ did u get into 2 pro bowls before?did you buy tickets?

— T.R.U.C.K.E.R (@TECHSUSMADE915) November 28, 2017

If you have ever been benched for Nathan Peterman you are no longer pro bowl eligible

— Trubisky is Developing (@Tkowalsky56) November 28, 2017

Love you as a person. But God damn. 6 out of 19 completions to a WR. 2 to TE. 11 TO RUNNING BACKS. 180 yards against the 30th ranked pass defense. A big fat no no

— Bromandudeguy (@Bromandudeguy2) November 28, 2017

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's just a method for players to encourage fan balloting in order to draw more attention and buzz to the league.  Again, no big deal. 

If anyone here or anywhere was benched like that for Peterman, and then what happened to Peterman happened, precious few would have handled it with as much class as Tyrod Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

If anyone here or anywhere was benched like that for Peterman, and then what happened to Peterman happened, precious few would have handled it with as much class as Tyrod Taylor.

Definitely showed class and professionalism that had to endear him to his teammates. 

10 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He still has a golden opportunity in front of him to win over all fans.

It's not often that a person gets so many chances.

The Bills are not good enough to beat NE even if they all play a solid game. NE would have to have a poor game for the Bills to win and when does that ever happen? Now Miami and the Colts, TT  I would expect to have pretty good games and win.

2 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

read option is ultimately a failed strategy , fun to watch, but gets QBs killed and does nothing for the pass game, which every rule in the book now favors

Well, Tyrod's style of play worked the past two years; we averaged 25-30 points per game and Tyrod managed to stay healthy.

"

"(Trent) Green credited Taylor with responding by staying true to himself and by displaying professionalism.

"He said, 'The whole thing I've been my entire career is I'm a professional. I'm going to come in and try and approach it the same and be the same every week,'" Green said.

It was that professionalism, Green believes, that went a long way toward inspiring other players on the team to play as well as they did to help carry the Bills to victory.

"The other players (who also met with CBS' broadcast team) said the amazing thing about it is, you can be divisive and try and divide the locker room, but the impressive thing was (Taylor) didn't change: his demeanor in the locker room, his attitude on the practice field, his attitude in the meetings," Green said. "He still was one of the leaders of the team trying to gather guys up and give motivational talks and try to pep guys up. And I think that that has something to do with how you're all of a sudden able to transition back into being a starter when guys see you handle things a certain way -- not being selfish, being more about the team.

"I think that's why the team was able to respond the way it did because they have a lot of respect for the way he handled the whole situation."

11 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

The Bills are not good enough to beat NE even if they all play a solid game. NE would have to have a poor game for the Bills to win and when does that ever happen? Now Miami and the Colts, TT  I would expect to have pretty good games and win.

Already making excuses for Tyrod days before the game even begins. Nice.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

He'll be facing the 29th ranked defense per DVOA. If they lose 56-48 I'll forgive him. But I doubt he scores more than 30.

You've seen NE the last few games. That defense is much improved. I won't forgive the defense for giving up 56.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Tyrod has a consolation prize of $14.5M for his terrible experience of not playing a game for children for 30 minutes.

The deification of these guys when they act like grown ups is getting absurd.

So if you were a professional football player like Tyrod and you were benched and humiliated nationally for Nathan friggin' Peterman in a huge game in a playoff hunt, who then played the worst any player has ever played in the history of the league at your very position, you would think, "Oh well, I'm cool with that, I make the same amount of money anyway."

Your an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So if you were a professional football player like Tyrod and you were benched and humiliated nationally for Nathan friggin' Peterman in a huge game in a playoff hunt, who then played the worst any player has ever played in the history of the league at your very position, you would think, "Oh well, I'm cool with that, I make the same amount of money anyway."

Your an idiot.

Humiliated?  Who !@#$ing cares?  He went back in minutes later and started the next week.

Let's start a GoFundMe for you and Tyrod. Clearly, both of you are experiencing a ton of mental duress from an incident that nobody cares about from 2 weeks ago in a sports entertainment league.    Do you cycle at the same time too?

Edited by jmc12290

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He posted a link to the Pro Bowl voting page, oh the horror. Every player up for voting does the same thing. It’s no surprise Buffalo is the laughing stock of the league, it starts with the fans embarrassing themselves every week. Jumping through tables, calling for Peterman to start, blasting their competent players. This is what 17 years with no playoffs has done.

He probably has Pro Bowl incentive money in his contract.  I'd ask for votes and stuff the ballot box myself in that case!

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Humiliated?  Who !@#$ing cares?  He went back in minutes later and started the next week.

Let's start a GoFundMe for you and Tyrod. Clearly, both of you are experiencing a ton of mental duress from an incident that nobody cares about from 2 weeks ago in a sports entertainment league.    Do you cycle at the same time too?

HE didn't make a big deal out of it. At all. In fact he impressed his teammates by not making a big deal out of it and being a total professional. He wrote one tweet. You idjits made the big deal out of it.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

HE didn't make a big deal out of it. At all. In fact he impressed his teammates by not making a big deal out of it and being a total professional. He wrote one tweet. You idjits made the big deal out of it.

No, YOU did. You want to build a statue because he demonstrated some character and maturity and perspective as an almost 30 year old multimillionaire.

It's embarrassing.  I don't think Tyrod cares as much about his "humiliation" as you do.  Bake him some therapeutic pumpkin bread.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

No, YOU did. You want to build a statue because he demonstrated some character and maturity and perspective as an almost 30 year old multimillionaire.

It's embarrassing.  I don't think Tyrod cares as much about his "humiliation" as you do.  Bake him some therapeutic pumpkin bread.

Read the news article that I referenced above in this thread and you would be shown to be wrong, again, as usual.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/28/trent-green-on-bills-qb-tyrod-is-who-tyrod-is/

Edited by Kelly the Dog

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Read the news article that I referenced above in this thread and you would be shown to be wrong, again, as usual.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/28/trent-green-on-bills-qb-tyrod-is-who-tyrod-is/

What a hero.  Him and EJ Manuel.

When do we Nuremberg McD and Dennison for their war crimes?

30 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Oh come on dude.  How much money is Tyrod making this year?

Ridiculous.

what? He got benched playing a sport he loved for someone he was far better than. I would have thrown a fit if I were him, heck I'm throwing a fit myself on this message board. How can you say he doesn't care.

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

it totally matters. She was doing an in depth article about him. She was able to get him to open up and speak at length about stuff. It wasn't a press conference or anything it was a feature article and she was new to the News.

They spoke about all kinds of things over a long period of time. A black reporter will often ask a black person about the black experience and how it differs from their POV. She was asking specifically about that. He didnt bring it up he was asked about it, and he said what he felt. And said this has always been the way it was since he was a little kid. That is not playing the race card. He's a humble guy. 

It's not a black experience.  It's a subpar NFL QB experience.

Cam Newton not getting any roughing the passer calls (I exaggerate, but not much) might be a black experience.  Being one of the many players cut from the Eagles by Chip Kelly might be a black experience.  But Tyrod Taylor ???  Nothing he's experienced has been because of the color of his skin.  It's been because of his lack of talent.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's not a black experience.  It's a subpar NFL QB experience.

Cam Newton not getting any roughing the passer calls (I exaggerate, but not much) might be a black experience.  Being one of the many players cut from the Eagles by Chip Kelly might be a black experience.  But Tyrod Taylor ???  Nothing he's experienced has been because of the color of his skin.  It's been because of his lack of talent.

One can argue either way whether or not what his POV and what his experience has been over his life has anything to do with race. But that's not what we were talking about. It was about whether he "played the race card." He was asked about how his experience has been and he answered honestly what he thought. Others have said similar things.

Playing the race card, again, to me at least, and I would imagine most people, is for him to be asked a question about why he thinks he hasn't gotten more credit, and then out of nowhere, said it was because he was black and was treated differently. That's "playing the race card."

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Class, aka hope they pay me again next year.   

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I actually feel bad for Tyrod.  While not the greatest QB, he is far better than what this putrid offensive scheme allows him to be.  If the offense played to his athletic, mobile strengths, I could see him being in the running to make another Pro Bowl.

Tyrod should be running a LOT. That's his skill. The Bills are incredibly lucky that the chiefs were so awful. A mediocre offensive performance beats the Bills handily last SUN.

22 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One can argue either way whether or not what his POV and what his experience has been over his life has anything to do with race. But that's not what we were talking about. It was about whether he "played the race card." He was asked about how his experience has been and he answered honestly what he thought. Others have said similar things.

Playing the race card, again, to me at least, and I would imagine most people, is for him to be asked a question about why he thinks he hasn't gotten more credit, and then out of nowhere, said it was because he was black and was treated differently. That's "playing the race card."

But he said that expectations were higher because he's a black QB.  That's him asserting that he's being treated differently based on the color of his skin.  By your definition, that's playing the race card.  We have the same definition, by the way.  Again - if I've somehow misunderstood what he said, I'm very open to correction.