How do we pull the impossible and beat the Pats?

Steptide

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

Considering the odds:

I'd run no-huddle the entire game and give Taylor the green light to audible!

CBs play man full time.  

I'd blitz two guys, alternating, everyone else in coverage, essentially a 2-4-5 defense.  Two linemen with hands in the dirt, two standing.  

(Do any of you recall the game years ago where the Bills  did that for a half?)

This is actually a pretty good plan. 

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Considering the odds:

I'd run no-huddle the entire game and give Taylor the green light to audible!

CBs play man full time.  

I'd blitz two guys, alternating, everyone else in coverage, essentially a 2-4-5 defense.  Two linemen with hands in the dirt, two standing.  

(Do any of you recall the game years ago where the Bills  did that for a half?)

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This is actually a pretty good plan. 

My one thing with the above is that man isn't necessarily in the wheel house of our DBs, is it?

Pressure Brady up the middle. Rush 4 and move Hughes or Lorax over the center and have them push the line from the center backwards. This is how the Giants beat Brady in the Superbowls...twice.

Don't run the 2-minute offense. Keep the ball away from their offense and kill the clock as much as you can. This is how the Giants beat the Bills in SB XXV.

Then have someone record their walk-through and kill the uplinks from their sideline to the booth.

Edited by BuffaloWings

19 minutes ago, BuffaloWings said:

Pressure Brady up the middle. Rush 4 and move Hughes or Lorax over the center and have them push the line from the center backwards. This is how the Giants beat Brady in the Superbowls...twice.

Don't run the 2-minute offense. Keep the ball away from their offense and kill the clock as much as you can. This is how the Giants beat the Bills in SB XXV.

Then have someone record their walk-through and kill the uplinks from their sideline to the booth.

B Dubs, I agree with killing the clock as much as you can, but I honestly think you can and should do that through the air, too.  Heavy doses (maybe) of Clay, O'Leary, Shady and Matthews and don't give their Defense that comfortable feeling of just being able to Tee-off on the run or on Tyrod.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

16 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

What makes the Pats so difficult is they can run the entire playbook out of any personnel grouping

Because of Brady. When he is done, so are your trolling threads to every other message board site. How easy it is to root for this team during this run.

I'm enjoying this week as much as I can because I think this is the last week the Bills are seriously considered contenders in the playoff hunt.

I'm going to follow plenzmd1's advice and pray for a miracle.  Realistically I expect the Bills to go 0-2 against the Pats.  If the Pats play like the Pats, we're toast.  If Brady throws 4 picks, we have a chance.  

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Because of Brady. When he is done, so are your trolling threads to every other message board site. How easy it is to root for this team during this run.

This runs been awsome. A lot better than the Rod Rust, Dick Mcphearson years

6 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm enjoying this week as much as I can because I think this is the last week the Bills are seriously considered contenders in the playoff hunt.

I'm going to follow plenzmd1's advice and pray for a miracle.  Realistically I expect the Bills to go 0-2 against the Pats.  If the Pats play like the Pats, we're toast.  If Brady throws 4 picks, we have a chance.  

I wouldnt say that. Still to many games left.

Steelers lose a game and then lose to the Pats. That week 16 game doesnt mean anything.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

But how many teams blitz Brady on every single down? I know this doesnt typically work, but hit him/pressure him enough and it might save a td or two

In the words of Marv Levy - You live by the blitz, you die by the blitz. 

Its not how often you blitz but how effectively you blitz

Run the read option with Taylor. 

Use McCoy and Cadet early and often in the run and pass game. 

Take deep shots to Thompson early and regularly. 

Go for every 4th down within reason. 

Sell out and send 6 at Brady to hit him on the first drive; give up yards to rattle him. 

Then, rush 4 on most downs, but blitz with 5 by sending a DB occasionally from the blind side. 

Double Gronk, probably involving Milano.

Like last week, show them defensive looks we have yet to use this year. 

Fake a punt. 

Pull something crazy out for a kick or punt return. 

• Like (+1) 2