First segment of WGR morning show today

Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And Carpaccio, another one who supported the Peterman fiasco, cryptically mentioned Tyrod left plays on the field.  

Are we going to continue mentioning the O'leary completion?

You don't listen very well.  Sal repeatedly and I mean repeatedly that he wouldn't make the switch.  It wasn't time until they are mathematically eliminated.

Then he heard grumblings that it could happen, then it did, then he gave reasons why.  That's it.

I am not a big Tyrod guy... but I absolutely agree with the sentiment of the OP. I am even less a Peterman guy and as far as I am concerned that Tyrod is the best we have is absolutely freaking obvious! 

I think we now have sufficient evidence to suggest that the HC and FO have come to the conclusion that Tyrod is not the long term answer and that was all I was ever concerned about.... that this team didn't tie itself to a QB with the flaws Tyrod has. 

Therefore it should be easy from this point. We roll with Tyrod the next 5 weeks (or hopefully at least 6) and we hope he does enough to help us break the drought. Then we all shift focus to who the Bills are going to select as the face of the franchise going forward. 

There is no need for any more back and forth at this stage. Whether you are pro Tyrod or anti Tyrod... a CoTer or a Hater.... this is the reality. We all know where things stand. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Absolutely embarrassing.

"Glad we won but.......the defense won that game."

"Tyrod did not help us win."  Essentially.

Just a joke.   What are we supposed to?  Win every game 31-24?  

Someone posted about the media yesterday.  I don't know if it's the reason why are teams can't win.  But I'm 100 percent sure we've got some of the dumbest fans on Earth and maybe it is why we really don't deserve nice things.  

We get it.  Tyrod ain't Aaron Rodgers.  That can't be fixed today.  There is no QB debate here.  The Trent vs JP and Fitz vs whoever or Orton vs EJ or EJ vs Tyrod days are done.  There is no freaking debate in week 12 of this season.  

Just shut up about the obvious deficiencies of the QB and enjoy the dam win.  We all freaking know we need to be better at the position.  

My God that was embarrassing to listen to.  Win in a stadium the Super Bowl teams never won at....the team saves McDermott by not quitting on him.  We're the freaking 5th seed.

But but but Tyrod didn't throw a perfect ball to O'Leary.  Ridiculous.  

I don't think anything they said was wrong.

No we don't have to win every game 31-24 but our offense still isn't very good.  Our offense has had 7 games this season where the offense has scored two TD's or less.  7 of the 11 with two blowouts where we got late garbage time TD's.  

Defense won the game last yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2

Tyrod did enough to have the defense protect the game.  Should have been 19-10 by the end.  This is pulling teeth as Tyrod could have done more to put the game out of reach but the hats unfair since the defense could have done more too, or special teams, etc.

Football is a team sport.  You upgrade positions if possible but that's over now.  This is the team that will go 8-8 or 9-7. Each game Tyrod won't give the game away, but he won't take it completely away either.  

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

As I said numerous times, the Bills get a lead and then sit on it with ultra conservative playcalling.... and then when the offense goes run, run, pass and goes three and out Tyrod gets **** on by fans.

Yes by playing Jauron ball.

It's because we are a one dimensional offense.  We have been for 3 years now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Tyrod did enough to have the defense protect the game.  Should have been 19-10 by the end.  This is pulling teeth as Tyrod could have done more to put the game out of reach but the hats unfair since the defense could have done more too, or special teams, etc.

Football is a team sport.  You upgrade positions if possible but that's over now.  This is the team that will go 8-8 or 9-7. Each game Tyrod won't give the game away, but he won't take it completely away either.  

What plays did he miss......  And quit saying O'leary please......  He should have rolled for the first down.

Oh yea a nice sideline pass to Jones, who thought he's still in college and easily could have tapped his toes but instead ran ob for an incompletion.  

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

What plays did he miss......  And quit saying O'leary please......  He should have rolled for the first down.

Oh yea a nice sideline pass to Jones, who thought he's still in college and easily could have tapped his toes but instead ran ob for an incompletion.  

You're saying the ball to O'Leary was a well placed ball?  Why can't he just hit him in stride?  Now you're blaming O'Leary for not rolling forward?

You're asking him to find which plays he missed, when we just watched a broadcast view so you don't get anywhere near the full development of the play, thinking he's going to have a definitive answer?  

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Not at all. 

Its because our offensive coordinator blows and doesn't adjust his offense to the strength of its players.... along with McDermott loving Jauron ball when he has the lead. 

Long ways from top 7 in scoring from last season. 

You're right.  We're not one dimensional.  Our passing offense has been in the top of the league and not bottom of the league the last 3 years.

184.1 yards per game passing is towards the top of the league.  The 201 last year was top 5?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You're saying the ball to O'Leary was a well placed ball?  Why can't he just hit him in stride?  Now you're blaming O'Leary for not rolling forward?

You're asking him to find which plays he missed, when we just watched a broadcast view so you don't get anywhere near the full development of the play, thinking he's going to have a definitive answer?  

It was a completion!!!!!  A roll or a decent third down call and it is a first down and near fg range and 3 more plays.  

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

As I said numerous times, the Bills get a lead and then sit on it with ultra conservative playcalling.... and then when the offense goes run, run, pass and goes three and out Tyrod gets **** on by fans.

Yes by playing Jauron ball.

So it's settled ?   Rico is the new go to excuse for the TT crowd ? 

I want to know who we are blaming this week for another trademark 180 yard 1 TD game.  

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It was a completion!!!!!  A roll or a decent third down call and it is a first down and near fg range and 3 more plays.  

Yes or no....was it a well placed ball?

You know how much of a hypocrite you are?  You criticize Goff all day long for not placing the ball well where it's supposed to be but now with Tyrod it's fine because it was a completion.  

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes or no....was it a well placed ball?

You know how much of a hypocrite you are?  You criticize Goff all day long for not placing the ball well where it's supposed to be but now with Tyrod it's fine because it was a completion.  

Goff missed Watkins by 5 yards and was intercepted if you want to go to that thread......  But yep call me a hypocrite if it makes you happy.  

Not every ball is thrown perfectly, but it was a completion and an easy catch and positive yards.  When they are bad passes that miss an open receiver and  cost significant years that's a huge issue.

6 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

its almost like some of you watch the games,  but dont really watch the games.   remove the rose colored glasses once in a while and really look at what took place.

Huh?????

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No one is perfect, but Tyrod had great protection, and had all the time to make the throw. O'Leary was running WIDE OPEN with no safety help behind him.

Fans are more upset that we keep leaving plays like that on the table. It feels like Taylor can't hit guys in stride.

It was a completion, yes, but it would be nice to make the defense pay when they fall asleep and leave a guy wide open.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Goff missed Watkins by 5 yards and was intercepted if you want to go to that thread......  But yep call me a hypocrite if it makes you happy.  

Not every ball is thrown perfectly, but it was a completion and an easy catch and positive yards.  When they are bad passes that miss an open receiver and  cost significant years that's a huge issue.

You are a hypocrite and an extreme one as well.  You'll criticize every completion by Goff because it wasn't "perfectly thrown" but it's fine with Taylor.  Not every ball needs to be thrown perfectly for Taylor but it has to be for Goff.  Remember you admitting how petty you are?

You point out one pass by Goff?  Wow.

Taylor has never missed a throw right?

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Again, Top 7 in scoring.... WHEN YOU RUN THE BALL SO WELL AND SO MUCH AND SCORE POINTS DOING IT YOUR PASSING OFFENSE IS GOING TO BE RANKED LOW.

Common sense.??

when are we running the ball so well?  scoring soooo many points?   cmon,   one dimensional offenses arent going to get you a Super Bowl win.

the years when the running game was great,  we still didnt make the playoffs......the book on the  Bills the entirety of Tyrod career as starter,  make him be a QB.....and everytime a defense did that,  we  lost.   fight those facts.

Edited by bigduke6

This is depressing. I am depressed. I should go find a table to backflip through... isn't that.....isn't that how bills fans cope? Deadspin told me so.....

On topic WGR has always been a hotbed of finding things to whine about regardless of whether the outcome is positive. Run for 100 yards? Well Tyrod didn't throw for over 200 again.... Tyrod throws 2 TDs and runs in for one more? Well the Defense let too much yardage up.... Bills win 21-12 and stifle the Jets in almost every way? Well we still can't believe they are good and how about that playcalling?

Frankly everything on this team CAN be better, they are right. Tyrod is not the best answer at QB. Dennison has called some piss-poor plays at important times. The Defense has looked like crap the last 3 weeks, and they are right to call it out. But they do it in such a....masochistic way....that it becomes hour long whiner line calls. Jeremy White and Schopp are the biggest offenders here. Schopp with his week long Peterman rants, and Jeremy White with his rainbow colored glasses of what his perfect coach/playcalling/execution/quarterback/wide receivers/draft picks/offensive line/defensive line/tight ends/...*inhale*....hockey players/hockey plays/hockey calls/hockey penalties/goal reviews/team composition (both teams)/defensemen/forwards/goalies/trades/RFA offersheets/powerplay positions should be....and if they aren't/do not align....then he gripes about it.....if it ends up happening and doesn't work, it's never spoken of again.....its all dust in the wind......

So ya.....tables?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Again, Top 7 in scoring.... WHEN YOU RUN THE BALL SO WELL AND SO MUCH AND SCORE POINTS DOING IT YOUR PASSING OFFENSE IS GOING TO BE RANKED LOW.

Common sense.??

Common sense?

The Eagles currently runs the ball more than the Bills.  Their passing offense isn't ranked low and scores more than the Bills.

Minnesota currently runs the ball more than the Bills.  Their passing offense isn't ranked low and scores more than the Bills.

The Rams currently runs the ball as much as the Bills.  Their passing offense isn't ranked low and scores more than the Bills.

The Saints currently runs the ball as much as the Bills.  Their passing offense isn't ranked low and scores more than the Bills.

The Steelers currently runs the ball as much as the Bills.  Their passing offense isn't ranked low and scores more than the Bills.