Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

It worked the last two seasons under a scheme that fit TT talents and the running game. They scored a lot of points. New-how about an O line that can block?

That scheme is dead (and also was criticized a lot if I remember right). I totally agree that we should have kept it. But, we didn't. McD tried a QB that was supposed to fit the scheme better. It didn't, but at least he TRIED. 

22 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

It is a little ridiculous that this has to even be pointed out to some people.....the 7 years in the league comment was clueless

Um.... How? He has been in the league for 7 years. Don't you think he would have played sooner than 5 years into his career if he was a great player? He is a sixth round pick who outplayed Matt Cassell and EJ Manual to get a starting gig on a perrenial loser with a dumb!@#$ coach and parlayed it into 20 wins by hard work and a good attitude and some leadership ability. And I'm actually impressed by the dude to be as successful as he is with limited size, questionable accuracy, terrible pocket presence and inability to read a defese. The 7 year comment not only isn't clueless, it continues to prove what Tyrod is... An average starting but fantastic backup QB.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

That scheme is dead (and also was criticized a lot if I remember right). I totally agree that we should have kept it. But, we didn't. McD tried a QB that was supposed to fit the scheme better. It didn't, but at least he TRIED. 

You don't start a fifth round rookie on the road when you are 5-4 and control the sixth seed. And TT played pretty well in the five wins and that jets loss.

1 minute ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Um.... How? He has been in the league for 7 years. Don't you think he would have played sooner than 5 years into his career if he was a great player? He is a sixth round pick who outplayed Matt Cassell and EJ Manual to get a starting gig on a perrenial loser with a dumb!@#$ coach and parlayed it into 20 wins by hard work and a good attitude and some leadership ability. And I'm actually impressed by the dude to be as successful as he is with limited size, questionable accuracy, terrible pocket presence and inability to read a defese. The 7 year comment not only isn't clueless, it continues to prove what Tyrod is... An average starting but fantastic backup QB.

Joe Flacco won a SB and was pretty good when TT was there. No reason to start TT. I agree with your last line.

On 11/22/2017 at 9:46 AM, Scott7975 said:

Let me try this another way... the Bills offense is 24th in 3 and outs per drive. The Jags offense is 22nd in 3 and outs per drive. Why isn't the Jags D tired and giving up 30 to 40 ppg?

The reason is because their defense is good and the best in football right now at getting off the field on third down. Our defense is the worst at getting off the field on third down because they are bad. 

Which is all the more reason why the offense needs to pick up the slack. That Jags defense also has a lot more talent than we do because they have picked at the top of the draft the last couple of years and signed good free agents. Trying to compare us to Jacksonville is stupid.

On 11/22/2017 at 9:06 AM, NoPlayoffs said:

Other than a missed field goal, the Chargers scored on every single first half drive last week.  The week before, the only thing that stopped the Saints from scoring on every single first half drive was a fumble and an end-of-the half kneeldown.  Against the Jets, yes they scored 24 in the second half, but that was after a first half where TOP was close to 50/50 in the first half and we only had one three and out.  I don't think your hypothesis holds any weight.  The defense is just bad...it really hasn't had anything to do with the offense the last three weeks.

Offense doesn’t score points, but it’s our defense that lost us games. Got it!!

4 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Which is all the more reason why the offense needs to pick up the slack. That Jags defense also has a lot more talent than we do because they have picked at the top of the draft the last couple of years and signed good free agents. Trying to compare us to Jacksonville is stupid.

Offense doesn’t score points, but it’s our defense that lost us games. Got it!!

The offense put up a lot of points the last two seasons when the defense was the main problem. The defense has been putrid of late. Jacksonville traded for a guy named Dareus. We sure couldn't use him.

18 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

"Try" doesn't cut it in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

neither does standing pat and doing nothing. 

The offense put up a lot of points the last two seasons. It was good enough. So were the players.

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

neither does standing pat and doing nothing. 

Like keeping the same failed defensive scheme with no pass rush.

6 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Of course not.  "Improve" is what works in the NFL...if McDip**** want to "try" and fail, he can go coach a college team.

and you can't improve unless you try....see where I'm going with this? Would a picture help?

6 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

The offense put up a lot of points the last two seasons. It was good enough. So were the players.

Like keeping the same failed defensive scheme with no pass rush.

We have no true game wrecker on the line anymore. I'm sure that the scheme would be fine with players beyond backup quality. 

Forget the games up until now, forget the 5-2 start, forget the Saints game, forget the benching, forget the 5 INT and Taylor starting the second half. If the Bills turn it around and make the playoffs and TT does well (however unlikely) in the last six games, there will be reason to keep him regardless of the draft and rookie QB. If he doesnt excel, which is likely, and we dont make the playoffs he will not be a Bill in 2018.

But that's exactly as it was when this season started. Nothing has really changed except indigestion.

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

It worked the last two seasons under a scheme that fit TT talents and the running game. They scored a lot of points. New-how about an O line that can block?

Tyrod is on pace to have the same or close to the same statistical season that he’s had the last 2 years. The biggest difference is the running game. That’s been the reason our offense has been as good and as productive as it has been.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

and you can't improve unless you try....see where I'm going with this? Would a picture help?

I guess you don't realize it, but the NFL is for people who try and succeed.  That's why the salaries for head coaches are millions.  Trying and failing shouldn't be encouraged...that's the reason for firing people.

If you're fine with failure, then that's a "you" problem.

30 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I can guarantee you ZERO national analysts waste time watching the bills.

I can guarantee that you don't know **** about what national analysts do.

Edited by NoPlayoffs

57 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Tyrod is on pace to have the same or close to the same statistical season that he’s had the last 2 years. The biggest difference is the running game. That’s been the reason our offense has been as good and as productive as it has been.

True. And he played a big part in it.

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Tyrod makes the game unwatchable, I refuse to take part. How many check down throws can someone watch. I going to watch a movie instead. Bills cannot drop out of the playoff picture fast enough.

But you watched the last game?

Just now, ScottLaw said:

One game where Tyrod plays awful and all of a sudden he checks down all the time? 

I think most most fans here are wasted when they are watching the games.

He played pretty well in the five wins, ok in the Jets loss, and not so good in the other losses. But he is still their best option. The agenda people would have you believe he is 2-36 instead of 20-18.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

He knows this.    He just like to troll us with his agenda.       It's like one of those spambots.  

3 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

He knows this.    He just like to troll us with his agenda.       It's like one of those spambots.  

Who on the roster since 2015 could have got 20 wins other than TT? You seem to think there is a QB that could. And TT played a big part in the running game doing well, in a different scheme. A banned poster shouldn't throw around the term agenda so easily.

Just now, JM2009 said:

Who on the roster since 2015 could have got 20 wins other than TT? You seem to think there is a QB that could. And TT played a big part in the running game doing well, in a different scheme. A banned poster shouldn't throw around the term agenda so easily.

Pick any NFL qb out of a hat and odds are that guy would ??‍♂️. 

Agenda man 

6 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Agenda man 

I said the Bills roster. The players we have to work with. Not one of them would have got 20 wins. But you seem to think there is one. name him. name the better option from the roster since 2015.

8 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Agenda man 

Like the Bears QB?:lol:

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

One game where Tyrod plays awful and all of a sudden he checks down all the time? 

I think most most fans here are wasted when they are watching the games.

some certainly gloss over the details..

50 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Agenda man 

Not when playing behind that O line

25 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

The defense sure hasnt helped the cause.

Team effort , perhaps?

15 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Does anyone care if Tyrod Taylor was the best QB on the roster in 2015 (he was) and how many games the Bills won when he started? (Not enough). Should the answer of these trivia questions have any bearing on the decision to play him at QB this week? Of course not.

Yes, because he still is the best QB on the roster.