Canned cranberry sauce

SDS

1 hour ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Gravy??

From the turkey?

It's actually pretty good. The Swedish way!

Ikea sells  Swedish meatballs in its cafe.  Heck, get it in their frozen section and take them home. Totally delish when you top it with their lingonberry sauce.  Cranberry is similar and goes well with gravy.

I love mixing canned cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and making a "swimming pool" in the mashed potatoes for the gravy.0:)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
Better grammar

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Cranberry sauce in a can.  I hate when folks try to make it fancy like.  Open the can and plop that floppy cylinder of deliciousness on a plate.  Love it.

I secretly plot to get the end slice with the indentation mold from the can each year...and by secretly plot I mean I grab it first.

When I got up Wednesday morning wifey was already making her homemade cranberry sauce. I've tried it, it's OK, maybe I'd like it more if I didn't grow up with the other.

Regardless, wifey will be serving homemade along with cranberry sauce in a can.  For this I give thanks.

On 11/21/2017 at 11:04 PM, SDS said:

I have eaten an entire can in one sitting without anything to go with it. Disgusting or amazing?

Certainly with that admission and your continual hosting of this website, no one can ever question your constitution. 

Strangely, somehow it reminded me of... 

:w00t:

We went out for Indian brunch... But still busted into some OceanSpray.  I look in the fridge yesterday and there is a bowl of cranberry sauce... I Ask my wife: "Why is there cranberry sauce in fridge, we are going out."  She replied: "It's Thanksgiving!"

How dedicated is that!  Who says we're non-traditional? Oh, the naan, samosa and mango lassies were flowing... But still have cranberry sauce in reserve. :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
Bad, bad typo

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

In honor of this thread... Now having chocolate ice cream topped w/cranberry sauce for breakfast.

Yum!-_-

1 minute ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Unique but  at least you are getting your Vitamin C.

Cranberry sauce  = Vitamin Crap

3 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Unique but  at least you are getting your Vitamin C.

Actually really good! With a deep milk chocolate ice cream, goes lije raspberries would.

I chewed my biotin gummies with it, so I got my vitamin H too. -_-

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Cranberry sauce  = Vitamin Crap

But it makes you piss strong. :D

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Leftover sandwich:  Roll+turkey+slice of jellied cranberry+mustard

Amazing.

Hmmm, I would not think to put cranberry and mustard together....unless I was out of ipecac syrup. I guess some combos surprise!  :)

I had not heard of homemade cranberry before this thread. I arrived at my in laws yesterday to see it happening and it smelled great! That’s something you don’t get out of a can. I️ didn’t get to stay and test the finished product, unfortunately.