Bills clueless about Tyrod Taylor article

Comebackkid

Is it just me, or does that article not make...sense? Like terribly written and contradictory all the time?

Shady not running much out of shotgun? Well, that would be a problem except his YPC under center is better this year...so...fire Dennison? Article is rife with these.

Also rambles through racial undertones of benching Taylor. 3/10 would not read again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everything in this article is exactly this bills team right now....its very obvious.....last 2 years we had i would say top 10 in offensive line.....now we're bottom 10 of the league with pretty much same players...Our Run Offence was # 1 last season now we're around 25.....Our offence last season was top 10 or just outside of it and now we're bush league.....changed to this stupid zone scheme which affects mccoy and pretty much everyone else on this offence......yeah problem is coaching and it is so obvious......Defence stinks worse now than it did with ryan 2 years running....play peterman next game and you 100% absoloutely lose whatever is left of the lockeroom...how about holding the coaching staff accountable for this disaster unfolding...

"Anyone who still thinks the Bills were correct to bench Tyrod Taylor for the Nathan Peterman Turnover Loop yesterday need only look around the league. Jared Goff, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Alex Smith: all have either benefitted or improved this season because they play in offenses tailored to their strengths as quick-read or dual-threat quarterbacks."  How about this all those QB's listed are BETTER than Tyrod will ever be!  I hate stupid snarky articles written by someone who has probably seen three Bills games in three years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Is it just me, or does that article not make...sense? Like terribly written and contradictory all the time?

Shady not running much out of shotgun? Well, that would be a problem except his YPC under center is better this year...so...fire Dennison? Article is rife with these.

Also rambles through racial undertones of benching Taylor. 3/10 would not read again.

He does contradict himself a lot. And as if Tyrod was racially discriminated against here! He was the starter wasn't he? It seems a recurring theme every time a Black GM, coach or player is demoted or fired: it's racial. *rolls eyes* No wonder people are reluctant to hire them! This doesn't help their cause at all. And the the league is full of Black QBs, and the media drools over them. 

The cold hard stats, which don't always tell the whole story but are used well here, do indicate Tyrod is a least average or slightly above, and well, so far no QB on this Bills team has ever come even close to beating him. Cardale, EJ, now Peterman? He's miles better than them. And when he came up and had the 3 QB open contests, he beat the other two. He solidified his place as #1. Now design schemes to his strengths dammit, as it should always had been!

I agreed with the Peterman change. The team needed a spark. The management needed to know for 2018 and beyond. I think it's crystal clear: Tyrod is #1 in Buffalo, and should remain so for 2018! His salary will be big but on line with what a 12th-18th ranked QB earns in the NFL. No one so far has come up to oust him, not even close. Unless they get Cousins or whomever in the free market, Tyrod's the man!

5 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

He does contradict himself a lot. And as if Tyrod was racially discriminated against here! He was the starter wasn't he? It seems a recurring theme every time a Black GM, coach or player is demoted or fired: it's racial. *rolls eyes* No wonder people are reluctant to hire them! This doesn't help their cause at all. And the the league is full of Black QBs, and the media drools over them. 

The cold hard stats, which don't always tell the whole story but are used well here, do indicate Tyrod is a least average or slightly above, and well, so far no QB on this Bills team has ever come even close to beating him. Cardale, EJ, now Peterman? He's miles better than them. And when he came up and had the 3 QB open contests, he beat the other two. He solidified his place as #1. Now design schemes to his strengths dammit, as it should always had been!

I agreed with the Peterman change. The team needed a spark. The management needed to know for 2018 and beyond. I think it's crystal clear: Tyrod is #1 in Buffalo, and should remain so for 2018! His salary will be big but on line with what a 12th-18th ranked QB earns in the NFL. No one so far has come up to oust him, not even close. Unless they get Cousins or whomever in the free market, Tyrod's the man!

you basically just contradicted everything you said before that statement....nice job.

"spark" when you're in the midst of the playoff hunt? how about addressing the issues on defense rather than benching your starting QB for a 5th round rookie.

Edited by 87168

9 minutes ago, HT02 said:

"Anyone who still thinks the Bills were correct to bench Tyrod Taylor for the Nathan Peterman Turnover Loop yesterday need only look around the league. Jared Goff, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Alex Smith: all have either benefitted or improved this season because they play in offenses tailored to their strengths as quick-read or dual-threat quarterbacks."  How about this all those QB's listed are BETTER than Tyrod will ever be!  I hate stupid snarky articles written by someone who has probably seen three Bills games in three years.

If Taylor had any Wentz in him he would dominate.  

23 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

https://deadspin.com/the-bills-have-been-clueless-about-tyrod-taylor-1820609446

Decent article from deadspin.   Talks about McDermott being the one almost anal about playing safe, avoiding turnovers.

Not playing to taylors strength,   Shady not running out of shotgun much this year compared to last.  

Phenomenal piece. Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, 87168 said:

you basically just contradicted everything you said before that statement....nice job.

"spark" when you're in the midst of the playoff hunt? how about addressing the issues on defense rather than benching your starting QB for a 5th round rookie.

What contradiction? Tyrod has not played great so far tis year, and had his most horrible game yet. And I get checkdowns unlike most people, but not while behind 2-3 TDs! 

In the end, the Peterman decision was a fiasco, but it shows beyond any doubt now, and everyone had them, that Tyrod is #1, period. And to have middle of the pack stats in a team with subpar talent again shows he's a starter. People on this board saying he's just a backup QB are haters. Or think everyone but Brady-Roger-Brees-Rivers and another couple few qualify as starters. Note: there are 32 teams in the league! Most starters are NOT elite.

And while far from a savior franchise QB, Tyrod is the best QB here in a long while. To me that last game settled it. He's signed so can't go. Now the Bills' management should show him some LOVE until they dratf or sign the almighty franchise one (that make take decades BTW...)

The article is on with its points but there is no way anyone could view Peterman as a better QB when I personally have heard from members of the team who have said he was lousy just 3-4 weeks ago.  

Peterman is never gonna make it in the league. Book it

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Phenomenal piece. Thanks!!

I don't disagree that the offense could use a facelift, but 'phenomenal'? It barely makes sense, rhetorically. For example:

'Read-options, run-pass options, zone-reads, play-action, pre-snap motion—these are the tools smart coaches are using to overcome the traditional deficiencies that have crept into the NFL because of the proliferation of spread offenses at the game’s lower levels.'

Um, ok...what are the NFL's 'traditional deficiencies'? That might be worth exploring one might think, if only to lend a bit of credence to an otherwise non sequitur. And how do zone-read, pre-snap motion and play action, hardly new-age offensive strategies, have to do with RPO and why Taylor isn't being used like Wentz? Bad article IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't disagree that the offense could use a facelift, but 'phenomenal'? It barely makes sense, rhetorically. For example:

'Read-options, run-pass options, zone-reads, play-action, pre-snap motion—these are the tools smart coaches are using to overcome the traditional deficiencies that have crept into the NFL because of the proliferation of spread offenses at the game’s lower levels.'

Um, ok...what are the NFL's 'traditional deficiencies'? That might be worth exploring one might think, if only to lend a bit of credence to an otherwise non sequitur. And how do zone-read, pre-snap motion and play action, hardly new-age offensive strategies, have to do with RPO and why Taylor isn't being used like Wentz? Bad article IMO. 

It makes sense to me. What he's saying is that because of how college offenses are run now, o-lineman and qbs come in woefully unprepared to operate in a pro-style offense. Smart coaches realize this and gameplan accordingly. The "traditional deficiencies" are substandard o-line play and weak quarterbacking beneath the elite tier, which is a product of all the spread offenses (which are very, very simple and succeed because of terrible secondary play at the college level).  

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1