[Please Change Title]Tolbert

MClark

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

No, I don’t know for sure yet. I don’t like some of the ways that he was used, and don’t think he’s a quality backup RB. but at the moment we have no 3rd down back that we know for sure is familiar with the protections. The backup RB has been with the team for two weeks, and inactive last week. We also have no short yardage RB this week. Cadet is very inexperienced running the ball and had been primarily used in the passing game. Same with Dimarco, who is primarily a blocker and very little usage running the ball. We will see how Cadet does, but he was signed to replace Taiwan Jones on ST, not as a RB2. I have no clue if the team is improved overall at this point with him off the field as we currently have one real RB on the entire team. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, MClark said:

Anyone else think team improved with Tolbert out? 

Yes Everyone thinks they need a better #2 RB.     I can't remember a single poster on this board advocating to stand pat with Tolbert. 

As weak as the opening day WR line-up was, they now added 3 NFL level receivers with Matthews (back from injury) , Thompson, and Benjamin to at least have a respectable corp.   I  have felt with Tyrod at QB they were even more desperate at RB since opening day.    There are going to be a limited number of passes to WR, and at this stage in his career Shady is not built to carry the ball 25 times / game week in and week out.    So it was surprising that they added 2 quality WRs and not 1 decent RB.     

Maybe Cadet will do something, but it's hard to believe the Bills couldn't find anyone better than  28 yr old 7th year RB with 87 career rushing yards, and Tolbert.    If Shady goes down  we will really see that the tank is on.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Tolbert really isn't the problem.  His usage by the OC is the problem.  There are things that Tolbert can do that the team loses out on because he is out.  Maybe now the OC wont have a choice to go to plays that shouldn't be called though.

I actually think Peterman may result in better effectiveness for Tolbert.  The biggest problem for Tolbert is when he has to go up against 8-9 man box.  If he is in the hole against one player, he can bowl them over.  If he hits the hole with guys wrapping his ankles, he's doomed.  To keep him clean into the line, they need to back the safeties and backers off.  That's where Peterman comes in...

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The new Leroy Hoard:  "Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three."

Nothing wrong with Tolbert - he's a useful player.  A useful player who should be nowhere in proximity of the playing field when his team is down by 30 points.

Or 3rd and very long and we run him......