Was the move at QB a good move or bad move?

Was the Change at QB a good move or Bad move?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Since it seems everybody has a opinion was the move at QB to Peterman from Taylor a good move or bad. Lets get on the record before Sundays game.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2017 at 09:05 PM

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm not sure if this was directed at me McCoy but I'm pretty sure we are in agreement here. McD felt he couldn't win with Tyrod at this point and particularly vs Lynn. I agree with the decision . 

My bad Boat apologies, quoted wrong reply that was was supposed to go at Stank

9 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I could see it in all honesty after his first 8-10 games in 2015

How much are you payed as an NFL scout - sound like a diamond in the rough - 9 games with a whole new team and you can make the call.

Bills were a Top 10 offense in 2015 - with a brand new team all the way around - just sayin.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

Many Bills fans on this site defended TT to ridiculous ends before the season began and when things were going well. Eventually though, most Bills fans realized what everyone (not being politically correct) has known for a couple of years. TT is a 6-9 win QB. 6-9 wins won't make the playoffs and won't give you a top 10 pick. A change HAD to be made and should have been made before the season started. Buffalo had no chance of making the playoffs with TT.  

Well said.   

Most have come over to the Dark Side.  

One or two still want to cling on to hope of his return.   

1 minute ago, moshermw said:

How much are you payed as an NFL scout - sound like a diamond in the rough - 9 games with a whole new team and you can make the call.

Bills were a Top 10 offense in 2015 - with a brand new team all the way around - just sayin.

Top 10 with a glaring need. 

We needed a passing game 

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

there hasn't been a major uproar from the players which may be telling. So I'll go with good move until proven otherwise.

Would you uproar if on Sunday Night you are heralded as the starter, again Monday night and Tuesday ? then Wednesday - ahhh - not so much ?

Effed up leadership - sending messages of fear for your starting job - intended or not - only reason there's no uproar.

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Well said.   

Most have come over to the Dark Side.  

One or two still want to cling on to hope of his return.   

Top 10 with a glaring need. 

We needed a passing game 

Not even sure what this means. Top 10 is top 10 - due to threat of running or throwing.

And D, and ST. It's 3 phases, right ?

The phase that TT was the leader of was good.

Rex Wrexed the D.

Don't rewrite history - the Bills O was good in 15 and 16.

No phase of the NO game was good - TT was the only saving grace for the O in the NYJ loss. D and ST were ass.

So we'll keep everyone else from the NO and NYJ loss and start the 5th round rookie at QB - that'll fix everything.

All else was pretty OK - just that QB that can't [fill in the blank].

Take a lap.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Are you that upset over a long overdue benching?

Not so much thinking it's so much TT's fault. That's all.

Has not been a stable ... err, stable of WR his entire career in Buffalo and the playcalling/style of play he's been asked to do this season looks set up on purpose to highlight his solid but average pocket game. He throws accurately and comfortably from a moving pocket or on the run - which always puts the D on their heels to defend him running or throwing - the OLine has been awful in protecting him in a conventional pocket - to the point of batting down predictable swing passes to Shady - key word - predictable. If I were OC, I'd be rolling him on almost every pass play or adding more read option - things that capitalize on his strengths - those plays seem to all have left the playbook. Trading Sammy was a heartbreaker the day after they featured TT to Sammy - 6 for 6 - bullets in the first preseason game.

Bills fan first, TT second but dude looks set up to fail this season.

Will also note that Marcel Dareus was not missed in the Oakland game but the gashing runs that the Jets and even more so, NO enjoyed were not so much attacking the edges but right where MD would have been.

Perhaps MD wasn't McD's DNA. I could get that. Hard to imagine someone as hard working and unselfish as TT not being the "DNA" McD likes.

Just want to be careful of trading and benching real NFL stars. The players know who's good ...

Peterman better be as good as advertized and the D had better have fixed itself or this team will not win another game.

Not cheering for that outcome at all -  just confused and sad that - at least in mainstream reporting - the two rough games are being put on TT.

That's incongruent and I rebel against incongruent.

12 minutes ago, moshermw said:

Would you uproar if on Sunday Night you are heralded as the starter, again Monday night and Tuesday ? then Wednesday - ahhh - not so much ?

Effed up leadership - sending messages of fear for your starting job - intended or not - only reason there's no uproar.

You lost me. TT lost his job from Sunday night to Wednesday. I was referring to lack of uproar from everyone else on the team. Maybe the locker room is OK with the switch. 

Fear of losing your job (starting or otherwise) is endemic to the NFL.  If that's bad leadership then a lot of teams have problems.

Personally I would have made the switch sooner.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

9 hours ago, moshermw said:

He throws accurately and comfortably from a moving pocket or on the run

Lost me here because most of the catches the Bills have made this year have been in spite of the passes being off target.  Go back and watch how many catches were made to throws behind the receiver, late passes, wrong shoulder, etc.....

Go Bills!!!!!

After 2 1/2 seasons of not good enough, teams publicly stating that they are going to make your QB play as a QB and a stinker of a 50 yard day by our starting QB it was a easy decision to move on IMO.

If Peterman can then he will make everything good but if he cant the draft will be all about moving up, eitherway right now all we can hope for is if Peterman can because we already know Tyrod can't. 50 yards man, great job by McD to move away from our last fired staffs choice at QB.

Go Bills 

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

After 2 1/2 seasons of not good enough, teams publicly stating that they are going to make your QB play as a QB and a stinker of a 50 yard day by our starting QB it was a easy decision to move on IMO.

Not only this season but well into last season.   

Stop the run - stop the Bills 

It bought McDoomed another season of patience from me. -And by patience, I mean no "Fire McDermott" threads. -At least not from me... I'll continue to use terms like McDimwit, and McDone-for, but I'm willing to give him a chance... Him and Beane get ONE throw-away season to get their chit together from me... No more, no less... Blow it up, and pave it over fellas!

5 hours ago, Fallser said:

A good move...see what we have wit Peterman with some games ahead to get a sense of his potential.  We know where the Bills stand with TT at the QB position...

Where we stand with Hotrod at QB is 6th seed with a full game lead over the rest of the pack.

IF we can win more games than we lose the rest of the way like we did in the first 9 with Hotrod, we have a very good shot at the P Word.