Was the move at QB a good move or bad move?

Was the Change at QB a good move or Bad move?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Since it seems everybody has a opinion was the move at QB to Peterman from Taylor a good move or bad. Lets get on the record before Sundays game.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2017 at 09:05 PM

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they went a bit early with it but I sais Sunday that the Taylor performance was bad enough to get him benched.... it looked worse on the all 22. 

Right decision medium and long term.... still think maybe a week ot two early in the short term. 

Better to early than too late. 

:)

it is a gamble I’m ready to accept. 

Good bad or indifferent 

6 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

If we wind up picking a QB with a high 1st this season than it was good.

People are gonna btch no matter what. I just want us to win. Also want a new OC to go along with our next rook QB.

Yes people  are going to B word no matter what.  

If we win then..... why an new  OC? 

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes people  are going to B word no matter what.  

If we win then..... why an new  OC? 

Have you watched the games? Dennison isnt good enough. Play calling makes no sense. Stretch plays and option tosses to tolbert? Garbage. Shoulds fired for that alone.

17 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

Have you watched the games? Dennison isnt good enough. Play calling makes no sense. Stretch plays and option tosses to tolbert? Garbage. Shoulds fired for that alone.

Why do people always ask this?

the only game I missed in a long time was the Carolina game because I was on the beach in Miami.    

We do not know if it was Rico or Taylor.   But since TT has had 3 OC’s and the results have been the same to me the common denominator is TT.   

18 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I don't like the move. Two bad games that our coaches didn't have us ready for so we elect to tank the season. Pure office politics. I can't name any of our losses that should be lain at TT's feet. He continues to be smart with the football

It is more than the last 2 bad games.  

It is the accumulated 2 1/2 years of meh production in the passing game. 

Why are people satisfied with mediocrity?  (and B word about it). 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the only game I missed in a long time was the Carolina game because I was on the beach in Miami.    

We do not know if it was Rico or Taylor.   But since TT has had 3 OC’s and the results have been the same to me the common denominator is TT.   

TT has done everything that has been asked of him for what has been a train wreck of a front office until recently. He never throws the bad pick and makes plays with his feet. I acknowledge his shortcomings as in waiting till targets are open before he throws but he's still our best QB since Bledsoe

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You know thats bull ****.

Regardless of tyrods limits as a QB, We were top 10 in scoring in 15 and 16. Rico wishes he could get us to put up points like roman and lynn did.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:31 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Well said.   

Most have come over to the Dark Side.  

One or two still want to cling on to hope of his return.   

Top 10 with a glaring need. 

We needed a passing game 

Full discloser here...

I'm a Patriots fan. 

The Bills benched Flutie and have been paying for it since.

Peterman should have started from the beginning. What worries me is he starts out hot and we think he is the guy but he ends up being figured out by the League.

If he started from the beginning, we could have seen how he would have responded when other teams figured him out. Now there may not be enough games to find out.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:21 AM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Was move at QB a Good Move or Bad Move

IMHO it's impossible to know. The word I would use is "necessary." Not that it was necessary that week. But we have to know what we have with Peterman. We do know what we have with Tyrod and in the long term he simply isn't enough.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

8 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

You know thats bull ****.

Regardless of tyrods limits as a QB, We were top 10 in scoring in 15 and 16. Rico wishes he could get us to put up points like roman and lynn did.

Top ten in scoring in 2016.

But below average in QB play in both years. It was our running game that got us top ten. Wouldn't have been enough to get us to be consistently competing for a Lombardi, which is their stated goal. And more, they've said that what they need in a QB is a guy who can play well from the pocket. Tyrod isn't that guy.

And I think he was talking about Tyrod's results, not what the running game did.

Oh, and we weren't top ten in scoring in '15. We were 12th.

And we were 13th and 16th in yards those two years, which is a far better way to isolate offensive performance from STs and defense.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, stuvian said:

I don't like the move. Two bad games that our coaches didn't have us ready for so we elect to tank the season. Pure office politics. I can't name any of our losses that should be lain at TT's feet. He continues to be smart with the football

Smart in terms of avoiding turnovers. Not smart in terms of producing yards. He's got a YPA of 6.6. That's 29th in the league.

He appears to be absolutely unwilling to take a risk even when it's called for. Don't remember the exact numbers, but those two checkdowns on third and more than ten yards in this last game, one when we were down 30-3 ... those weren't smart plays.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I don't like the move. Two bad games that our coaches didn't have us ready for so we elect to tank the season. Pure office politics. I can't name any of our losses that should be lain at TT's feet. He continues to be smart with the football.

He appears to be absolutely unwilling to take a risk even when it's called for. Don't remember the exact numbers, but those two checkdowns on third and more than ten yards in this last game, one when we were down 30-3 ... those weren't smart plays.

You can't put any of the losses at TT's feet?  Can you put any win at his feet? At any time in the past 2 1/2 years as the starting QB? No you can't. Just because a QB is smart with the football, doesn't make him a good QB. It makes him a serviceable backup QB! A serviceable backup QB doesn't end the drought.

I agree completely with Thurman#1 on this. There's a time to play conservative and be smart with the football and then there's a time to zing it down field and lets try to get back in the game football. TT has never done the latter. Not once! EVER!

• Like (+1) 1

Peterman is a better fit for this offense than TT was.  

Dennison wants to run his offense which is difficult to do with TT because anticipatory throws by TT are not his strong point.

TT is not the future of this franchise.  The FO hoped for the best with TT but he didn't develop. He is who he is.  

Peterman now has had half a season to learn the offense and will have half a season to execute this offense.

Peterman will be judged on how well he executes the offense, not on how many wins he generates this year.

The odds are against the Bills making the playoffs this year based on the remaining schedule and the sudden dramatic decline of the defense.

If, for some reason, the defense can overcome the last two weeks of poor tackling, and Peterman can move the team in the passing game, maybe the run game can get going and maybe the team can be a contender.  That was not going to happen with TT.

This week is a big game that will have a huge impact on whether the Bills are contenders or pretenders.

As I look at this team, it has occurred to me that all those draft picks they accumulated for next year will not fill all the holes on this team.

I believe the Bills are two years away from being a consistent contender.

If Peterman is the real deal, the process just might be a little easier.  This year will not tell all for Peterman.

Do we really think we were a Super Bowl team this year?

If not why not play Nate ... the positives

• See what we have in Nate ... makes our QB decision in 2018 draft a lot easier
  • We lose maybe (maybe not) 2-3 more games and improve 2018 draft position
  • We actually throw a pass with anticipation
  • We actually throw balls to the WRs
  • We actually go to a 2nd / 3rd progression vs. trying to run
  • we throw for more than 60 yards in 3+ quarters

The negatives

• Lose the locker room .. who knows?
  • We lose more games (see bullet 2 above) .. to quote the Philadelphia 76'ers .. TRUST THE PROCESS ... improve the draft position
  • We don't make the playoffs ... REALLY ... I'm not satisfied with one and done in week 18 .. if that were to occur ... please look at the AFC leaders and then look at our last two games vs. the Jets and Saints ... not throwing in the towel .. but we have a lot of issues .. though that said . .many of us wouldn't believe 5 wins at this stage of the season given all the early season trades

I'm rooting for Nate ... let's see what happens

I’ve seen several people say that they did this now because TT was not in their long term plans and to avoid having to move away from him after making the playoffs, that it would be a PR nightmare. I think it’s the opposite. I think they knew they weren’t making the playoffs with him. They were in a playoff spot in week 11, yes, but they are smart enough to know they were on a downward trend offensively and defensively with a tough schedule ahead. There is a possibility they could win more games with NP, they know what they have in TT. I think the reason they didn’t do it sooner is they wanted to give him a chance to effectively show he can run this offense. But it was fairly obvious they weren’t thrilled with keeping him this year as the bridge. They had conversations with guys like Hoyer and Glennon as I recall. They were willing to move on until he took a pay cut. It was going to end sooner or later.

the safe thing to do would have been to play out the season with TT, allow him to continue this way, Miss the playoffs again, cut him #asexpected, draft a QB. Cleaner way to do it. But they chose the more difficult path, in hopes to salvage the season in the #process. Bold move, Cotton.

i agree with those who say it has more to do with TT than it does with NP, as fun as it is to get excited about a new QB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1