Ever forget where you parked?

Nervous Guy

Comerica in Detroit, has about 50 lots that all look the same.

I had a sudden bad migraine and had to leave in the 6th inning, so there was NOBODY out there (which is scary) and I couldn't remember which Lot i parked in, took over an hour...

I write this stuff down now.

I fly into a city and rent a car.   Within an hour I stop at a store to get something.  When I come out I didn't pay attention to where I parked or the type of car I was driving.  This is before KEYFOB's.    So you start walking looking at license plates.

I parked my car at off airport parking at BWI for Christmas holiday and when I returned two weeks ago my car was gone.  My wife asked me if I was sure I had right parking lot and I said yes and I showed her piece of paper which I wrote down address, row and parking number. After an hour I was able to get in touch with parking company and they told me that there was a big snow storm while I was away (I knew that) and any cars left when they cleaned the parking lot were towed to another parking lot. Someone was sent to a locked lot and took me to other lot where cars where buried in snow.  Fortunately the attendant had some sort of chart taking me to area of parking lot and after a few attempts with shoveling found my car.   No apology was offered by company but I refused to pay the extra day they wanted to charge me since we went past the hour I parked (it took three hours to find car and my flight was supposed to arrive an hour before the time I parked).  He started to insist I pay it and I said "Fine put it on my credit card, I will dispute it when I got home" and he then wrote me a "good customer discount" taking off extra day.

In my early 20s, something similar to this happened to me.  I drove down to a local bar and proceeded to get lit.  When I woke up, I looked out the window and noticed my car wasn't there.  I called the police, telling them my car was stolen.  After about an hour, they were at my door.  They told me that my car was at The Embassy, which was probably less than a mile from my apartment.  They asked if I was sure it was stolen.  I quickly admitted that I'd forgotten that I drove TO the bar.  They were cool about it - probably just glad I didn't try to drive home.  No harm, no foul.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I parked my car at off airport parking at BWI for Christmas holiday and when I returned two weeks ago my car was gone.  My wife asked me if I was sure I had right parking lot and I said yes and I showed her piece of paper which I wrote down address, row and parking number. After an hour I was able to get in touch with parking company and they told me that there was a big snow storm while I was away (I knew that) and any cars left when they cleaned the parking lot were towed to another parking lot. Someone was sent to a locked lot and took me to other lot where cars where buried in snow.  Fortunately the attendant had some sort of chart taking me to area of parking lot and after a few attempts with shoveling found my car.   No apology was offered by company but I refused to pay the extra day they wanted to charge me since we went past the hour I parked (it took three hours to find car and my flight was supposed to arrive an hour before the time I parked).  He started to insist I pay it and I said "Fine put it on my credit card, I will dispute it when I got home" and he then wrote me a "good customer discount" taking off extra day.

They don't know how to plow snow around cars in Baltimore?  Most have been a huge snowstorm.  As I roll my eyes...:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They don't know how to plow snow around cars in Baltimore?  Most have been a huge snowstorm.  As I roll my eyes...:rolleyes:

Yeah they do. The off-site parking place plowed lot and dumped it into excess lot they only use when very full.  There were maybe have a dozen cars in that lot.

I had to retrieve my wife’s car from the Atlanta airport today. (Long story.) I had to find it based on her fairly decent directions, but hell....I wasn’t there when she parked it. She also messed up and took the parking ticket with her. (Again, long story.) I pulled up to the human cashier and they did a search based on the license plate. They scan every car going in and know when you arrived. I expressed how impressed I was with the system. She said “yeah, when a car gets stolen the cops come looking here first. We’re pretty good at this.” 

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

In my early 20s, something similar to this happened to me.  I drove down to a local bar and proceeded to get lit.  When I woke up, I looked out the window and noticed my car wasn't there.  I called the police, telling them my car was stolen.  After about an hour, they were at my door.  They told me that my car was at The Embassy, which was probably less than a mile from my apartment.  They asked if I was sure it was stolen.  I quickly admitted that I'd forgotten that I drove TO the bar.  They were cool about it - probably just glad I didn't try to drive home.  No harm, no foul.

that bottle of Zima really !@#$ed you up, eh?