Bills will likely be thin at RB in Sunday

YoloinOhio

Tolbert still not practicing today with a hamstring. Chris Brown said it’s not looking good for him to play. So now behind Shady it’s just Travaris Cadet, who is mainly used in the passing game, and the FB Pat dimarco. Dimarco has very little experience as a runner and hasn’t been successful in short yardage situations and we don’t know if Cadet knows all the protections to be the 3rd down back like Tolbert was. Tolbert isn’t my favorite option as RB2 but that looks like a big hole going into the game. Only RB on the PS is Marcus Murphy, 5’8 193.

its too bad since LAC’s run D has sucked all year and it would be good to take advatange of that. Though perryman came back from IR last week and helped a lot. Interestingly the Jags reversed tendencies vs the Chargers and passed more than they ran. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tolbert still not practicing today with a hamstring. Chris Brown said it’s not looking good for him to play. So now behind Shady it’s just Travaris Cadet, who is mainly used in the passing game, and the FB Pat dimarco. Dimarco has very little experience as a runner and hasn’t been successful in short yardage situations and we don’t know if Cadet knows all the protections to be the 3rd down back like Tolbert was. Tolbert isn’t my favorite option as RB2 but that looks like a big hole going into the game. Only RB on the PS is Marcus Murphy, 5’8 193.

its too bad since LAC’s run D has sucked all year and it would be good to take advatange of that. Though perryman came back from IR last week and helped a lot. Interestingly the Jags reversed tendencies vs the Chargers and passed more than they ran. 

We are going to have to throw to beat the Chargers and McDermott knows this from watching how LAC played D against JAX. They stacked the box with 8 and sometimes 9 guys and there was no room for Fournette, so much so that in a close game Bortles threw 51 times and Fournette was ineffective and taken out of the game in the 2nd half.

The way to beat the Chiefs, Pats, and Colts is to throw also. 

1 minute ago, BrooklynBills said:

We are going to have to throw to beat the Chargers and McDermott knows this from watching how LAC played D against JAX. They stacked the box with 8 and sometimes 9 guys and there was no room for Fournette, so much so that in a close game Bortles threw 51 times and Fournette was ineffective and taken out of the game in the 2nd half.

The way to beat the Chiefs, Pats, and Colts is to throw also. 

I agree but oddly enough LAC pass defense was so much better than run defense up until last week. Perryman is a big part of that I guess but the DT Philon has been excellent too in run D.

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

-Yes it was "garbage time "  but  Patrick DiMarco did have 3 catched for 21 yds.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan