Ringing endorsements from national media

Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

The move is bad.... except to Bills fans who don't really know what they are watching. 

Tyrod is not the problem with this team. Goes way beyond him. 

No one thinks Tyrod is the only problem with this team.

But he certainly was one of the problems.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

The move is bad.... except to Bills fans who don't really know what they are watching. 

Wrong, exactly the perfect move to make. If you want to get everyones' attention, make an example out of the highest profile guy in the crowd. It's why they put generals in front of firing squads and not sergeants. Even better when the evidence backs up the example. McDermott just effectively went to each player and told them no one is immune, everybody is accountable and there are life altering consequences. Did he get his point across.  We'll see, but I think you'll see maximum effort from every player Sunday. Smart move.

Not having a strong like or dislike for either quarterback I am wondering what Peterman has done to make so many fans seem to be sure he's any better than Tyrod. I like the move first because I don't think Tyrod is long term and we may as well see what Peterman has not because I think he's better but we need to find out if he is. Second, I never thought we would make the playoffs anyway and not only because of quarterback play. This team has problems offensively and defensively. A lot of fans think our defense is good. I don't share that opinion.

Just a few paragraphs in, the article says an outright lie:

Taylor is being benched because he just played the worst start of his career, going 9-for-18 for 56 yards with no touchdowns and an interception in a 47–10 loss to the Saints. (Apparently not benched: any of the defenders responsible for all 298 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns allowed by Buffalo’s defense.)

Except we just cut Jerel Worthy, so what are they talking about?

I won’t bother to read the rest.

Edited by HappyDays

45 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/15/16656660/buffalo-bills-bench-tyrod-taylor-quarterback-nathan-peterman

Many more, but majority are perplexed, puzzled or laughing at the Bills again.

You know the Ringer's run by Boston guys. Coverage's always tilted towards their teams. 

Anybody that follows the Bills closely knows that Tyrod has not progressed over three years.  Statistics lie.  He is an amazing athlete and classy individual who keeps plays alive but is woefully inaccurate.  It was painful watching the same old problems last weekend, hanging the D out to wear down.

Peterman is poised, athletic, and accurate.  I was amazed in the pre-season.  I see the upside.

26 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The national media don't watch the Bills. They look at box scores and think it's "good enough for those Western NY hicks."

Why should they watch the Bills when they've all of two winning seasons and 0 playoff appearances in this century?  Hell, I bet there are a lot WNYers who used to care about the Bills who don't watch the Bills any more, either. 

15 minutes ago, Steptide said:

They're all haters until Peterman plays good and then they'll praise the bills and say "I agree with this decision" 

Define "good".  My guess is that he'll suck.  Y'know why?  Because he didn't get that many reps in TC first, and because he's mostly been the scout team QB since the season started second, and because he's going to have all of a week to practice plays that Taylor and the offense have been practicing together for months, but mostly because he's playing behind a crappy OL with a non-existent running game and a Division III receiving corps backed up by a defense that couldn't stop an old lady in a wheelchair until she'd rolled four yards beyond the LOS.  

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

De-nial isn't just a river in Egypt.  It's apparently a creek just east of New Era Field that was once, long ago, called Smoke's Creek but has been rechristened in honor of all the gullible.

51 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I dunno, I'm torn between thinking this is a classic Billsy thing to do or is it a ballsy Patriot-way thing to do?

Definitely nota Patriot thing to do. BB would have made the change in the offseason and he wouldnt do this whole having a playoff seed.

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Why should they watch the Bills when they've all of two winning seasons and 0 playoff appearances in this century?  Hell, I bet there are a lot WNYers who used to care about the Bills who don't watch the Bills any more, either. 

Swing-and-a-miss!

The 2 faces of the uninformed media (meaning those that do not watch All 22 film)

The Bills have the fewest passing attempts and yards

The Bills are crazy to dump Taylor 

The Bills are not built to come from behind as the have a run oriented offense and lack passing attack. 

The Bills are crazy to dump Taylor

11 minutes ago, tedstrong said:

Anybody that follows the Bills closely knows that Tyrod has not progressed over three years.  Statistics lie.  He is an amazing athlete and classy individual who keeps plays alive but is woefully inaccurate.  It was painful watching the same old problems last weekend, hanging the D out to wear down.

Peterman is poised, athletic, and accurate.  I was amazed in the pre-season.  I see the upside.

I like the move, if just to see if they are still in search of their QB or if Peterman can be the answer, but Tyrod was not given the support needed to succeed here. 

4 minutes ago, Original Byrd Man said:

No offense my friend but endorsement means support or agreement.  The articles were obviously not in support of this move.   Check your dictionary next time.

Ummm.... it was sarcasm.  :doh:

The National Media doesn't understand that Taylor has games like this anytime a team drops 8 into coverage and keeps him in the pocket---you just can't win enough with a QB who can't play QB well.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

I dunno, I'm torn between thinking this is a classic Billsy thing to do or is it a ballsy Patriot-way thing to do?

I really don't think he had much of a choice...tyrods hasn't been good all year and horrific as of late, Everytime Nate has taken the field he has shown promise. I'm sure the game tape was far.more atrocious then the gut wrenching game we saw. Im not thinking it's billsy, if it where we would keep the awful qb play go into the offseason and not try to improve the position and trade 2 first round picks for a wr to help the awful qb not be awful or we would have gave him a huge contract after the fifth win

Edited by BILLriant
Grammer

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

Nate Petermans going to sure up the d line and line backers. He’s going to stop us from getting gashed for 300 yards. 

Maybe the team is better than we thought and Tyrod is holding us back. Or maybe we’re putting a rookie in a rough situation with a bad o line and defense. We’ll find out Sunday. I’m rootinh for him to succeed.