Chip Kelly to UCLA

YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know if it will hurt at all, but I doubt it’s enough to keep him from doing very well. I lived in Florida for 18 years. My kids played against Manatee and Pahokee and the other schools feeding NFL teams. It’s funny how we remember the battles against the future NFL guys, and it was just another play for them. (But I suspect a certain CB for the Falcons remembers a spring game against my younger son. :)

OK, thinking back on the Florida kids....we played a team (Tampa Catholic?) and I was talking to a dad. They had a stud WR, a 5 star kind of WR. The dad told me “watch him, he’s the second fastest kid on the team”. He was talking about Chaz Green, OT.  He plays guard for the Cowboys now.  

Were u saying Chaz green was playing WR in a HS game?

because he went to UF as a top line recruit . He definitely played tackle at Tampa catholic as his primary 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Were u saying Chaz green was playing WR in a HS game?

because he went to UF as a top line recruit . He definitely played tackle at Tampa catholic as his primary 

No, the 5 star WR (name I can’t remember) was the fastest, but Green was supposed to be second fastest and he played TACKLE! (Right side I think, which I thought was odd for such a high recruit.)

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Augie said:

No, the 5 star WR (name I can’t remember) was the fastest, but Green was supposed to be second fastest and he played TACKLE! (Right side I think, which I thought was odd for such a high recruit.)

Maybe the QB was left handed so he was still on blindside?

Thats pretty impressive for a big man... I wonder what his 40 was back then

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Maybe the QB was left handed so he was still on blindside?

Thats pretty impressive for a big man... I wonder what his 40 was back then

And it was just a dad talking, but it made an impression. He’s THAT good. He got moved in to guard for a reason,. I guess.  He was a monster! My son played QB at 185 lbs and his HS OLine averaged 285 lbs, and we looked tiny! 

Florida has been absolutely terrible on offense, with an emphasis on terrible, since Meyer left. That will certainly change with Chip Kelly.

I don't know if Chip Kelly can take Florida back to being a championship contender year in year out, but he would certainly be a better hire  for them than Muschamp and McElwain were.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This seems like a program that would be easy to recruit for. I have no idea why they’ve been down for so long.

Me neither.

That school has such a proud tradition with football.

Remember the 90's when the big SEC football game was Florida Vs. Tennessee?

I understand how difficult it is for a team in that conference to stay on top, but Tennessee has been missing for so long, it's become embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So Florida is moving on. Kelly's head must have been too big to fit through the door. 

Dose Rosen stay if Kelly comes in?

Liked Scott Frost at Nebraska, looks like he has been coaching well, hope he gets the job.

This could make a lot of sense. It’s possible that Kelly feels more comfortable in the PAC 12 where he had his best success. I could see Kelly turning UCLA into a winner, while I could see him playing second fiddle to Saban in the SEC. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/15/2017 at 1:38 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nick Foles has 27 tds and 2 INTs under him. Nick Freakin’ Foles! Riley the racist had 8 tds.

im on board with a lot Gunner but Kelly is a really good offensive coach. 

Chip Kelly is great with the Xs and Os of his offensive system.  He also benefited at Philly from the fact that nobody else was running his offense.  The teams that played against him had no experience to help them know how to defend against it.  His main negative is the fact that he has no people skills as a coach.  He views players as pieces of a puzzle.  He'll dump anybody or throw anyone under the bus who gets in his way.  It's easier to get away with that in college because you have 100% turnover over a four year period.  Players will put up with it for that long, especially if they think their college success has a chance to lead to a big payday in the NFL.  The players in the NFL are going to be less tolerant of being treated like dirt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.