Don’t use “ Garbage time” excuse!

Buffalo Boy

10 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Like TT?

Not much promise left to see in that one.

Chargers are the only winnable game currently, IMO

Maybe as A Lynn should know how to shut TT down.

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Still the best QB on the team who'll start as long as they remain in contention. Rinse and repeat argument. 

Right, because no other QB on the team is capable of 9/18 56 yards and 4 first downs. 

Tyrod sucks and is easy to replace. The unconditional love for this guy is disturbing. 

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Peterman was throwing underneath against a prevent shell.  The defense is giving him the middle of the field. 

Um, on a couple of occasions you're right....but otherwise you may have missed the Benjamin throw on the boundary, his first completion on the boundary and those are just two I can recall immediately.

59 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Peterman was throwing underneath against a prevent shell.  The defense is giving him the middle of the field. 

Throw to EZ wasn’t underneath.

It also wasn’t a throw TT usually attempts... certainly not coming out that quickly.

Since it was garbage time, it isn't an excuse.  It is what it is.  Would Peterman have done better,  we'll never know.  But is 5-4 the time for experimentation?  And is TT the biggest problem?  I mean, the Saints had 2 100+ yard rushers.  Plus some 3rd stringer ripped off a big run late to get his first NFL TD.  A 94 yard drive in the 3rd that was nothing other than runs up the gut that ended in a TD for gods sake,  is Peterman is going to fix that?  The defense !@#$ing sucked.  No QB changes that. 

Edited by CodeMonkey

42 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Probably the flukiest and weakest 5-4 going forward in NFL history.

Not really. It's almost exactly like our 2011. Once coaches get a few games of film, they find weaknesses in the weak teams and exploit them. It happens almost every year to a few teams. A hot start followed by a cliff dive, followed by a 'resilient' couple of garbage wins at season end. 

I'm hoping for no 'resilient finish this year, only because we need this draft to count. The last two weeks exposed our team for what it really is, an group of veteran placeholders, most of which won't be back next year. 

13 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Finally, I’m not calling Peterman, Montana or Brady but I am calling him competent. He was billed as the most NFL ready coming out of the draft for a reason. TT is NOT, nor EVER will be a competent starting QB in the NFL.

The one thing that worries me about that is, are you then getting a guy who looks pretty good, so you build around him, but in three years you figure out he reached his cap around 2 + years ago.  

I'm not against playing him, but the quote heard often about "most NFL ready coming out of the draft" does worry me some.

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Since it was garbage time, it isn't an excuse.  It is what it is.  Would Peterman have done better,  we'll never know.  But is 5-4 the time for experimentation?  And is TT the biggest problem?  I mean, the Saints had 2 100+ yard rushers.  Plus some 3rd stringer ripped off a big run late to get his first NFL TD.  A 94 yard drive in the 3rd that was nothing other than runs up the gut that ended in a TD for gods sake,  is Peterman is going to fix that?  The defense !@#$ing sucked.  No QB changes that. 

Controlling the time of possession by long, methodical drives DOES help that.

31 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The one thing that worries me about that is, are you then getting a guy who looks pretty good, so you build around him, but in three years you figure out he reached his cap around 2 + years ago.  

I'm not against playing him, but the quote heard often about "most NFL ready coming out of the draft" does worry me some.

Other than “ Saviour Peterman , I don’t think anyone is calling him the second coming of( insert your favorite QB)

Before the season started,  myself and a bunch of other predicted TT’s failings.

Peterman should be developed as a backup, I said. If by some miracle he is the guy... BONUS!!! But, I’m right back to: “ We aren’t going to the playoffs, let’s tank, get guys experience and get a better draft pick for next year.

And before someone hits me with the “ We still have a chance BS, No! No we don’t and if by fluke of flukes we got in, woopee freaking doo. We will be knocked right back out. I want more than that and TT doesn’t offer more.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't care about the numbers because it is garbage time but it is refreshing to see a QB take a snap, 3 steps and the ball is out.

didn't you miss

1st down:  run for -1

2nd down: run for 1 yard

3rd down: checkdown for half the yardage needed

4th down: punt

14 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

And the 12th thread about TT and the QB after the defense gives up 47 points and 300 yards rushing.  

TT was bad today.  The play calling was terrible after the first drive. 

The personnel decisions by McD are awful.  Why is Ducasse starting?  Why is Tolbert the second RB? Why is Demarco on the field?  Why is Lorax playing OLB?  

Why does Cordy Glenn get no criticism for missing games?

Today TT was the 15th reason they lost.  The first 7 were the entire Bills defensive front. 8th was whatever DB was opposite White. 9, 10, an 11 were McD, Rico, and Frazier.  12, 13, and 14 were Ducasse, Mills, and Dawkins.  Then you get to TT.  Yes no less than 15 other players coaches stunk it up today, but 90% of the threads are about the QB.  

This team needs to spend all four top picks next year on the lines.  

This BS right here is so disturbing as a fan, you understand Tyrod Taylor threw for 56 yards and 1 INT, the 15th reason we lost? The problem starts and ends with the most important position on the field and right now this guy is playing like he should be on the practice squad. 

4 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Um, on a couple of occasions you're right....but otherwise you may have missed the Benjamin throw on the boundary, his first completion on the boundary and those are just two I can recall immediately.

Every DB was playing 10-15 yards back of scrimmage.  Given the situation, Peterman's performance should be taken with a shaker of salt.

If Tyrod's play doesn't improve we will see Peterman in real game action soon enough.

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Every DB was playing 10-15 yards back of scrimmage.  Given the situation, Peterman's performance should be taken with a shaker of salt.

If Tyrod's play doesn't improve we will see Peterman in real game action soon enough.

Correct.  

But some are arguing everything Nate did.  Prevent D or not we have to ask them  - How does that change the fact that Nate took 3 to 5 steps then released the ball with little or no hesitation?