MMQB Playoff and Super Bowl LII Predictions

By The MMQB Staff 
November 08, 2017

Good luck finding a consensus when it comes to Super Bowl favorites this season. Eighteen members of The MMQB/SI NFL staff took a crack at predicting the postseason, and each voter's bracket is below. As for who we think is going to Minneapolis in February, no one got more than half the vote.

AFC CHAMPION: Patriots (9 votes), Chiefs (5), Steelers (4)

NFC CHAMPION: Eagles (9), Seahawks (4), Rams (2), Vikings (2), Saints (1)

SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPION: Eagles (4), Patriots (4), Steelers (3), Chiefs (2), Rams (2), Vikings (2), Seahawks (1)

26 minutes ago, Hopscotch said:

Not sure if I should be happy that so many of the analysts picked the Bills to make the playoffs... or if I should just be objective and realize that they probably see the AFC as a weak conference

At this point it's a numbers thing. We have 3 losses whereas most of the teams in the hunt below us have 5. We also have tiebreakers on a lot of those teams.

41 minutes ago, Hopscotch said:

Not sure if I should be happy that so many of the analysts picked the Bills to make the playoffs... or if I should just be objective and realize that they probably see the AFC as a weak conference

And also picked us to beat PIT in the first round

I could see a scenario where we get to the AFC Title game...

We go to JAX (South winner) and take them out in the wildcard. Meanwhile, the Titans (wildcard #2) take out KC (West winner) in the wild card round because the game matters so KC will stink.

Divisional round We get Pittsburgh, who can be beaten. especially since Ben loves his INT. Meanwhile, NE gets a bye to the AFC Title game by facing the Titans, who stand in for the Texans this year as NE's practice session for the title game.

Bills/Pats for the AFC Title!

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Against Pittsburgh no less.  I'd hate to be the visiting team there in a playoff game.

Hostile ground. Homefield advantage is real. I like our defenses chances vs the steelers tho. Rothlisburger gets INT happy sometimes and we look like we can scheme that into existence. I wonder how this years offense would do compared to the egg they laid last season.

3 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

Hostile ground. Homefield advantage is real. I like our defenses chances vs the steelers tho. Rothlisburger gets INT happy sometimes and we look like we can scheme that into existence. I wonder how this years offense would do compared to the egg they laid last season.

Earlier this season, Ben looked like he had enough of football. Looked very disinterested. Could be his last rodeo this year! 

8 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Anyone thinking the Rams win the Superbowl needs to have their head examined. They have a long way to go to get where they need to be, though they will be a contender.  The Falcons have too much work to do as well

Im surprised how bad the falcons have played this year. That SB really fcked them up.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sark hasn't been close to being as good as he was for their offense.

With all of the same pieces still in place I expected way more from them offensively. I don't see how he keeps his job beyond this season. I also think this is a testament to Shanahan's system and his play calling abilities. He has gotten the absolute most out of the pieces he is given everywhere he has been. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sark hasn't been close to being as good as he was for their offense.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

With all of the same pieces still in place I expected way more from them offensively. I don't see how he keeps his job beyond this season. I also think this is a testament to Shanahan's system and his play calling abilities. He has gotten the absolute most out of the pieces he is given everywhere he has been. 

pretty much just shows how important an OC and his play calling abilities and molding of schemes to fit his roster is.

Its like having a gun. You got enough rounds in it and clips in your pocket your bound to hit something....but a mark-smith will hit his targets consistently regardless of ammunition.

17 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

PGH is not far away from Buffalo.   Time to bring #BillsMafia to Heinz field in this scenario! 

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

By The MMQB Staff 
November 08, 2017

Good luck finding a consensus when it comes to Super Bowl favorites this season. Eighteen members of The MMQB/SI NFL staff took a crack at predicting the postseason, and each voter's bracket is below. As for who we think is going to Minneapolis in February, no one got more than half the vote.

AFC CHAMPION: Patriots (9 votes), Chiefs (5), Steelers (4)

NFC CHAMPION: Eagles (9), Seahawks (4), Rams (2), Vikings (2), Saints (1)

SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPION: Eagles (4), Patriots (4), Steelers (3), Chiefs (2), Rams (2), Vikings (2), Seahawks (1)

I agree with this one for most part except in the AFC I would swap out the Titans for Dolphins, and Bills for Titans/Chargers/Raiders.

Also yes the Rams have played great and could very well make the SB but Hoodie would do what he always does and make an offense like that look terrible. Pats are likely repeating regardless of who they play in the SB.