Saints Fan Stopping By

KreweDeDrew

I'd certainly feel more optimistic if I were a Saints fan. They're playing like one of the best teams in the league, and the Bills just got soundly destroyed against the Jets and potentially exposed.

But.

If both our O-Line and D-Line bounce back from their worst game of the season with their best game of the season, the Bills can take it.

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Chicken wings > Gumbo

but

Saints > Bills this week

Welcome

Now, I like chicken wings as much as the next guy, but good gumbo ... man, I still salivate hard when I remember the gumbo we had at a little stand near the Zulu Parade during Mardi Gras. Cost me $7 bucks and was one of the best meals I've ever had.

13 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Now, I like chicken wings as much as the next guy, but good gumbo ... man, I still salivate hard when I remember the gumbo we had at a little stand near the Zulu Parade during Mardi Gras. Cost me $7 bucks and was one of the best meals I've ever had.

Maybe there’s such a thing as dipping great chicken wings into a bowl of good gumbo?? #nirvana

I have a seafood food allergy....I find my arthritis is acting up just reading this ;)

Who Dat?  We Dat....Lets Go Bills.

BTW to all my fellow fans attending the game DB is going to try to run the hurry up to quell the crowd noise.

We have have to bring the volume up whenever they have the ball,our team really needs us this week.

14 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Welcome.  We are coming off an ugly loss having looked like some bad pee-wee team against a division rival (Jets).  Hopefully, the through ass kicking has our guys up and ready to return to form.  You will be happy to know that against the run in the Jets game I doubt we would have stopped your grandmother (even if she is using that pesky walker).

The keys for us are defense and being able to put some sort of ground game together.

FWIW the early weather prognostication has it at 44 degrees and raining.  If this holds there is only a limited range of uglier conditions to play in.  Mainly, ay temperature lower but not cold enough to generate snow.  Cold and rain just flat out sucks.  

I wouldn't count on it.  The weather will be fine Sunday, upper 40's for highs, 10-15 mph winds, sun & clouds, maybe a stray shower in the afternoon.  Brees will be tough to stop.

15 hours ago, KreweDeDrew said:

What's up y'all, Saints die-hard here. Born and raised in New Orleans and have been a saints fans through the good years and the bad. Ive enjoyed glancing around y'all's site and want to say that the Bills have been one of my favorite AFC teams to watch and cheer for since I was young, when they aren't playing the Saints of course.

Im looking forward to the game this weekend and think it will be a good one. In years past I would immediately chalk this up as a loss considering a few things; road game, cold weather, our defense, and our lack of a running game. This Saints team appears to be different this year though. Sean is relying on the run and taking pressure off of an aging Drew and since Dennis Allen has made some personel and scheme changes after weeks 1 and 2 the D has been playing lights out. We are 3-1 on the road and surprisingly our only road loss was in a dome up in Minnesota. 

The major improvement this year has been the defense IMO. And my argument against anyone who uses the "look who they've played" argument is that in the last 3 seasons our defense has made average and backup QB's look like prowlers. This year we are not and IMO that speaks volumes about the D's improvement. God defenses take care of lesser opponents. 

If y'all's D line can slow down the run and force Drew to air it out and get some pressure on him I think this will be a very close game. This Saints team this year is built for games like this and I'm of course hoping we can come out with a W. 

If Tyrod plays well and can extend plays with his legs I think that could potentially give the Saints D some issues, especially with the addition of Benjamin to y'all's O.  Im excited to see Lattimore go up against another of the top receivers in the league.

With all that being said, my prediction fo this game is 27-24 Saints. I think the game will be close throughout and it will come down to one or two possessions and i'll give the nod to Drew to pull through. Looking forward to hearing some responses and some good debate.

Good Luck boys and Go Saints!

Good football convo is always welcome.  I hope the game will be close.  I would have said so before, but we got our asses unexpectedly handed to us last week by the Jets.

I've always liked Drew Brees but for years, the story of N'Orleans has been not enough hosses around him.  I've been impressed by what I've seen of the Saints D so far.  I think that's a big "if" on if we can slow down the run.  I think McWrestler and Co outsmarted themselves shipping Dareus out of town but we'll see. 

Brees is one of a handful of QB in the league who can carry the team in the 4th quarter, so I agree if it's close, you guys have the edge.  Unless, of course, the weather in WNY makes passing a problem, heh heh.  I was watching Carr throw ridiculous rainbows against the Dolphins, that doesn't work so well in Nov in B'lo, usually.

Go Bills!

15 hours ago, KreweDeDrew said:

What's up y'all, Saints die-hard here. Born and raised in New Orleans and have been a saints fans through the good years and the bad. Ive enjoyed glancing around y'all's site and want to say that the Bills have been one of my favorite AFC teams to watch and cheer for since I was young, when they aren't playing the Saints of course.

Im looking forward to the game this weekend and think it will be a good one. In years past I would immediately chalk this up as a loss considering a few things; road game, cold weather, our defense, and our lack of a running game. This Saints team appears to be different this year though. Sean is relying on the run and taking pressure off of an aging Drew and since Dennis Allen has made some personel and scheme changes after weeks 1 and 2 the D has been playing lights out. We are 3-1 on the road and surprisingly our only road loss was in a dome up in Minnesota. 

The major improvement this year has been the defense IMO. And my argument against anyone who uses the "look who they've played" argument is that in the last 3 seasons our defense has made average and backup QB's look like prowlers. This year we are not and IMO that speaks volumes about the D's improvement. God defenses take care of lesser opponents. 

If y'all's D line can slow down the run and force Drew to air it out and get some pressure on him I think this will be a very close game. This Saints team this year is built for games like this and I'm of course hoping we can come out with a W. 

If Tyrod plays well and can extend plays with his legs I think that could potentially give the Saints D some issues, especially with the addition of Benjamin to y'all's O.  Im excited to see Lattimore go up against another of the top receivers in the league.

With all that being said, my prediction fo this game is 27-24 Saints. I think the game will be close throughout and it will come down to one or two possessions and i'll give the nod to Drew to pull through. Looking forward to hearing some responses and some good debate.

Good Luck boys and Go Saints!

Welcome!

It's always nice to see a fan from the opposing team come in to debate the game. Especially when you come off as not being a douche :). It will probably be tough going for both teams but after the major goose egg we laid last week, it would not surprise me if Sean McD. had his team coming out tearing things to pieces. Drew may be aging, but he is still a major threat when he is hot so we definitely can't take him lightly. I am hoping for a great game and by that, I am hoping we utterly decimate the Saints and it's not even close. But like you said it will probably be a pretty tight game. My prediction is a 31 - 27 Bills win. Again...welcome and good luck to your team in future games but not in this game, though I will say that i hope neither team has any serious injuries. 

11 hours ago, LA Grant said:

I'd certainly feel more optimistic if I were a Saints fan. They're playing like one of the best teams in the league, and the Bills just got soundly destroyed against the Jets and potentially exposed.

But.

If both our O-Line and D-Line bounce back from their worst game of the season with their best game of the season, the Bills can take it.

Our O-Line is currently banged up at the moment. Armstead most likely out, had an MRI done so we will find out in today’s injury report about him. Strief has been out but our second first round pic (thanks Pats) Ram has filled in nicely and started every game this season on both sides of the line. And our free agent pickup Warford was out last week with a groin injury and has no timetable for his return. So who knows, your D-line might be able to get some pressure. I’m sure Sean will have some sort of plan for protection to keep pressure off of Drew but Sunday we will find out for sure. 

23 hours ago, KreweDeDrew said:

I played my college lacrosse on northern half of the east coast so I can attest to that. It's miserable to play in.

Hoping the game ends in our favor but we shall see. Bills have a great fan base and New Era should be rocking. 

The Ryan brothers are cancer. I'm glad both of our teams rid themselves of those two. 

Im hopin we can stop the saints offense. Our team isnt really built for shootout games and brees has been playing shootout games since Purdue. Heres to an injury free game.