Kelvin Benjamin putting in time

Buffalo716

Kelvin Benjamin was offered by head coach Sean McDermott to go home for a few days and pack up before coming back to buffalo 

instead the veteran wide receiver thought it would be wise to put in time with Buffalos WR coach

Benjamin said it's time to hold himself to a higher standard

We have just secured the perfect west coast receiver for our offense. Not to mention that he is also a deep threat who can go up and over you for the ball

Heres to a new half of the season!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/11/6/16612762/buffalo-bills-receiver-kelvin-benjamin-impressing-field-process-sean-mcdermott-trade-deadline

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kelvin Benjamin was offered by head coach Sean McDermott to go home for a few days and pack up before coming back to buffalo 

instead the veteran wide receiver thought it would be wise to put in time with Buffalos WR coach

We have just secured the perfect west coast receiver for our offense. Not to mention that he is also a deep threat who can go up and over you for the ball

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/11/6/16612762/buffalo-bills-receiver-kelvin-benjamin-impressing-field-process-sean-mcdermott-trade-deadline

This is awesome! I love that he wants to put in the extra time and effort in to learning this new offense!

CBF

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is a good receiver without a doubt, but a deep threat he is not. He is not a speed guy. The only way he's a deep threat is if TT has 5 or more seconds to throw and given the way the O-line played this week, he won't be getting 5 seconds to hang back and chuck the pig skin anytime soon.

Just now, BigPappy said:

He is a good receiver without a doubt, but a deep threat he is not. He is not a speed guy. The only way he's a deep threat is if TT has 5 or more seconds to throw and given the way the O-line played this week, he won't be getting 5 seconds to hang back and chuck the pig skin anytime soon.

You don’t have to be a speed demon to be a deep threat.  That thinking is ridiculous.  He’s a huge WR with decent speed.  He’s a deep threat because of his ability to go up and get the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PABillsfan23 said:

You don’t have to be a speed demon to be a deep threat.  That thinking is ridiculous.  He’s a huge WR with decent speed.  He’s a deep threat because of his ability to go up and get the ball.  

Yes he is a big dude, but if TT has no time to wait for him to get deep his ability to go up and get the ball is irrelevant. That is my point.

1 minute ago, BigPappy said:

Well speed is not the only thing you need to be a deep threat in the NFL

Brandon Marshall was never a burner and he's a deep threat 

mike Evans is a deep threat and he isn't a burner

If Kelvin Benjamin is on a deep route and he's 1on1 he is 100% a deep threat 

He will outmuscle the corner most of the time

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Agreed, but please read my previous post above yours. It does not matter if the o-line can't get  TT time to get it out there to him

Edited by BigPappy

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

My concern with Tyrod as quarterback is he's reluctant to throw the ball unless the receiver is clearly open.  He needs to trust Benjamin to win those 50/50 balls.  I like the acquisition of Benjamin because now Tyrod has no excuses and whether we move on from him or not will be decided in the next eight games.

11 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I don't put too much credence in judging our o-line based on a road TNF game.  The Bills O-line didn't match the Jet's D-line's intensity.   It was the reverse in week 1.  I'm not overly concerned about our pass protection.

11 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Well, no it's not ridiculous at all.........speed is the main way to get open deep and it's become a vertical passing league again..........but you are right that it's not the only way to be a deep threat.........and he can be a factor deep and Tyrod's ability to buy time may open up some deep ball action.

FWIW Benjamin beat Gilmore for a long bomb TD on a nine route in the preseason of his rookie year when the Panthers visited the Ralph.

Going to have his hands full with Lattimore though......not a small CB and much more athletic than Benjamin........gotta' figure out a way to pop Lattimore's hammy early.:beer: 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

My concern with Tyrod as quarterback is he's reluctant to throw the ball unless the receiver is clearly open.  He needs to trust Benjamin to win those 50/50 balls.  I like the acquisition of Benjamin because now Tyrod has no excuses and whether we move on from him or not will be decided in the next eight games.

I've seen Taylor throw it up a few times.  The throw to Hunter in the Titans game is a good example.  I think trust and a demonstrated ability will go a long way.  If KB looks like a ball catching monster and you just throw it near him I think Taylor will develop a trust throwing him a contested pass.  I'm hoping we finally have someone who doesn't get out muscled on slants and can actually make a back shoulder catch.  We've seen some pretty routine drops and a lot of difficult drops.  It would be nice to see someone catch everything.

Talk is that one of the things that has been ‘wrong’ with the Panthers offense is the lack of the deep threat since Ted Ginn Jr left. Benjamin is the big target and I think he can do well with Tyrod. I don’t see Benjamin as the burner type though. 20 yard crossing route, sure, fly routes not so much. 

22 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

He looked especially slow in the videos of practice today. Not a speed guy at all, although you can throw deep to him because he can jump up and get it.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He told McD that he wanted to stay to study the playbook but in reality he just wanted to hit up the Applebee’s he’s heard so much about. #fat

Wise move to save Dave and Busters for another time. You hate to blow it all out in one night then be done....

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well, no it's not ridiculous at all.........speed is the main way to get open deep and it's become a vertical passing league again..........but you are right that it's not the only way to be a deep threat.........and he can be a factor deep and Tyrod's ability to buy time may open up some deep ball action.

FWIW Benjamin beat Gilmore for a long bomb TD on a nine route in the preseason of his rookie year when the Panthers visited the Ralph.

Going to have his hands full with Lattimore though......not a small CB and much more athletic than Benjamin........gotta' figure out a way to pop Lattimore's hammy early.:beer: 

Are you sure it was Gilmore and not Darby? I remember being at that game and Darby looking like absolute garbage

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Edited by JM57