Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

50 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO Fans want a top drafted rookie for that chance at a franchise worthy QB, will we take a step back maybe but maybe not look at Watson breaking records before hurt among other rookies that have had real good rookie seasons so you opinion on the step back is entirely yours because many think IMO it will make a brighter future with a franchise worthy QB  as well as a legit shot at a better season year 1.

You say it's not easy to replace a average QB with a average QB, the same was said when Fitz was here and now here we are in the exact same position and same talk, a starting QB not good enough for a playoff run but good enough to squeeze a few wins while they overpay for this QB that money could be used elswhere.

Forever 7-9 baby

It seems my last one was deleted so we will try again. Fitz was 20-33 in a Bills uniform. Tyrod is 20-17. One of those equates to 6-10 and one to 9-7. How is that the same or even similar? Tyrod’s win percentage (54.1%) is closer to Ben Roethelisberger’s (67.5%) than it is to Fitz with the Bills (37.7%)!!  It is also closer to Aaron Rodgers (66.7%) than it is to Fitz. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It seems my last one was deleted so we will try again. Fitz was 20-33 in a Bills uniform. Tyrod is 20-17. One of those equates to 6-10 and one to 9-7. How is that the same or even similar? Tyrod’s win percentage (54.1%) is closer to Ben Roethelisberger’s (67.5%) than it is to Fitz with the Bills (37.7%)!! 

Lets talk when Tyrod gets in the playoffs until then they are the same not good enough class IMO. We need a QB to drive us to the playoffs to play not the liquor store to watch other teams while we drink our sorrow away.

Edited by xRUSHx

Taylor is an average QB at best. For the type of offense the Bills run it works. If your team has a conservative offense like the Bills do, all you need is a QB like Taylor. After watching a lot of the games yesterday, Taylor is no where near as good as lot of the QB's that won yesterday. I look at QBs like Wentz, Goff, Brees, Carr, Cousins and Wilson and realize Taylor is not in the same league.  What amazes me the most is how many of you would rather build around Taylor then draft a QB in the first round. Building around a QB is great when you have a really good one.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Taylor is 12th in passer rating and 18th in total QBR - basically, smack dab in the middle of the league. This is pretty much what we expected based upon past performance. It could be a lot worse.

With below average line, very erratic running game, injured TE, arguably worse WR corps in the league pre KB, and rather erratic coaching. It's pretty remarkable. 

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Taylor is an average QB at best. For the type of offense the Bills run it works. If your team has a conservative offense like the Bills do, all you need is a QB like Taylor. After watching a lot of the games yesterday, Taylor is no where near as good as lot of the QB's that won yesterday. I look at QBs like Wentz, Goff, Brees, Carr, Cousins and Wilson and realize Taylor is not in the same league.  What amazes me the most is how many of you would rather build around Taylor then draft a QB in the first round. Building around a QB is great when you have a really good one.

Not "at best" - just "average, plain and simple". His team is 20-17 with him at the helm, and his passer rating are consistently in the band between 10 and 18.  Not sure why people feel the need to add the negative qualifier "at best" given that we know have 2.5 seasons of work to judge him on.

Edited by dave mcbride

25 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I said the Thad thing for giggles. 

I am glad your wanting a QB drafted this team needs to keep trying to upgrade at QB and keep trying to land a franchise worthy QB via the draft.

As for keeping Tyrod I would rather them draft a QB to sit year 1, dump Tyrod to save money and start Peterman I just do not see any fall off with the change, just my opinion on it.

As long as you acknowledge that Tyrod is overwhelmingly better than Thad, and that Thad wouldn't even get close to 8-9 wins with this same team, then I will take your opinion on TT a little more serious lol

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Not "at best" - just "average, plain and simple". His team is 20-17 with him at the helm, and his passer rating are consistently in the band between 10 and 18.  Not sure why people feel the need to add the negative qualifier "at best" given that we know have 2.5 seasons of work to judge him on.

Agreed. The reality is "at best," he is the QB from last year's MNF or week 16 game. But he usually falls into the middle category. 

12 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

As long as you acknowledge that Tyrod is overwhelmingly better than Thad, and that Thad wouldn't even get close to 8-9 wins with this same team, then I will take your opinion on TT a little more serious lol

Lol, I thought it was very funny considering. 

Sorry man I just can not put him as overwhelming higher then anyone he is what he is not good enough. Not a fan of Thad but I still think Thad could have got us the same wins/stats with the way our kicker/ D played all season.

18 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Very good post man but he is not what the Bills need, they need more. What worries me is the build around Tyrod while pretending he is a franchise worthy QB. The title of this thread is the exact same worry I had when the Bills gave Fitz that big raise, it is the same fail all over again

Edited by xRUSHx

37 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Sorry man I just can not put him as overwhelming higher then anyone he is what he is not good enough. Not a fan of Thad but I still think Thad could have got us the same wins/stats with the way our kicker/ D played all season.

Very good post man but he is not what the Bills need, they need more. What worries me is the build around Tyrod while pretending he is a franchise worthy QB. The title of this thread is the exact same worry I had when the Bills gave Fitz that big raise, it is the same fail all over again

Overwhelmingly higher than EJ? EJ played with the exact same guys as Tyrod 3 different times against 2 of the worst teams that we played in those 2 years and lost all 3. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

41 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I put those loses at Tyrods feet he is the leader of the offense in this QB driven league. This is Tyrods 3rd OC and here we are again having a OC trashing his own system to dumb it down for Tyrod to try and move the offense. Now some fans want him fired when they should look at the QB like they did in Chicago after Cutler had 5 OCs.

So every loss in this league is on the qb?  If that is so then w/l would be a qb stat which we can agree it isn't.  If it is then Drew Brees is a worse qb than Tyrod as his record is worse since Tyrod became a starter.  Don't we also praise coaches for adjusting their schemes to what their players do well?  Somehow a coach doing that for Tyrod is a bad thing?  I think what is worse would be a coach coming in and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

17 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

You avoided it multiple times but who is your list of good enough?  Who are your franchise worthy qbs in this league right now?

32 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

How did Goff look before they built around him?

21 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

The problem is that the Bills haven't had a great QB in a long time, that a lot of fans think an average QB is good enough. I wonder if many Bills fans even saw some of what Wentz, Goff and Brees did yesterday. Cause that is what top QBs bring to a team.

12 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

The problem is that the Bills haven't had a great QB in a long time, that a lot of fans think an average QB is good enough. I wonder if many Bills fans even saw some of what Wentz, Goff and Brees did yesterday. Cause that is what top QBs bring to a team.

...and at the same time how many have paid attention to Jameis, Eli and Mariota this year? Tyrod has been better than all of them. It’s a 2 way street. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

You keep talking about Goff.  You realize he has a worse completion %, more ints, and 2 more tds so far this season?  This is with a great offensive mind for a hc, much better weapons, and the easiest schedule in the league to date.  5 of his 8 games he has completed less than 60% of his passes.  You sure this is the guy you want to trumpet as a top tier qb?

Since Rush won't give me his list, here are qbs Tyrod is playing better than this season:  Derek Carr (yeah I said it), Big Ben (yeah I said it again - look it up same tds, 7 more ints, worse completion %, worse qb rating), Philip Rivers, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Marcus Mariota, Carson Palmer, Cam Newton, and Joe Flacco.  That is just guys that people trumpet as "franchise guys."  If you want to argue those guys please use actual information instead of your eye test.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

...and at the same time how many have paid attention to Jameis, Eli and Mariota this year? Tyrod has been better than all of them. It’s a 2 way street. 

Yes he has been better than all of them but that still doesn't make him a top QB in this league. I am not saying to get rid of him but fans should want better.

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yes he has been better than all of them but that still doesn't make him a top QB in this league. I am not saying to get rid of him but fans should want better.

So unless we have Brady we shouldn't be happy with the qb play?  I have said before there are about 4 guys in this league who play great week in and week out.  The rest of the league is in the Tyrod level.  I would even say that Big Ben has fallen out of that top 4 tier leaving an old Brady, Injured Rodgers, and old Brees.

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

You keep talking about Goff.  You realize he has a worse completion %, more ints, and 2 more tds so far this season?  This is with a great offensive mind for a hc, much better weapons, and the easiest schedule in the league to date.  5 of his 8 games he has completed less than 60% of his passes.  You sure this is the guy you want to trumpet as a top tier qb?

Since Rush won't give me his list, here are qbs Tyrod is playing better than this season:  Derek Carr (yeah I said it), Big Ben (yeah I said it again - look it up same tds, 7 more ints, worse completion %, worse qb rating), Philip Rivers, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Marcus Mariota, Carson Palmer, Cam Newton, and Joe Flacco.  That is just guys that people trumpet as "franchise guys."  If you want to argue those guys please use actual information instead of your eye test.

First I will say most of those QBs throw the ball a lot more than Tyrod so QB rating is up for debate. He has played better then those QBs you listed but it doesn't make him better then average. Why do so many of you defend Tyrod so much? He has his good games and his bad games but don't any of you want a QB who consistently puts up good numbers and points game after game.

33 minutes ago, section122 said:

I am not making a list all you need is eyes to see Tyrod is not in the same class as any of the QBs you listed. Why? Because they have shown everyone they are better while in the NFL by what they have accomplished.  Stats lie and Tyrods is the king of garbage  stat padding that used to be held by a former Bill in Trent edwards. 

When a team has a franchise worthy QB teams are worried to play them because of how great they are at being a QB with Tyrod all they got to do is make him play as a QB. Huge difference.

Wins/losses all land on the QB in this QB driven league, if he cant drive your going nowhere.

Edited by xRUSHx