Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

42 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....agree on all accounts IM.....a very fair assessment....maybe I'm old school, but I think a prerequisite for a franchise QB is to be able to put the other 10 on his back when trailing in the 4th  and calmly march his club down the field to the "W" when called upon.....unless he has a career epiphany, I don't see TT being able to do that consistently.... I see him more as a pedestrian game manager (NOT a criticism; my assessment) whose wheels are an added dimension......is he improving?....sure....is he capable of solid game(s)?....of course......everybody was clicking in the Raiders game including TT spreading the ball around and doing a nice job with reads/progressions, Shady & run game, OL and the bend don't break "D".....then we come to the Jets OVERALL stinker (hardly TT's total fault)......the Jets punched and we couldn't counter.......coaches had ZERO answers as far as adjustments.......and Dennison reminded me of a mumblin', stumblin' , bumblin' Steve Fairchild with his play calling............

In another thread, HappyDays researched how many teams won with 63 or less rushing yards while allowing 194 or more rushing yards from the other side. The answer was :

• 10 wins
  • 197 losses

197 "pedestrian game managers", no doubt.......

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/197928-the-rockpile-review-good-gets-bad-bad-gets-good/?page=2

Edited by grb

On 2017-11-03 at 2:12 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

No he is not.

7 sacks because hes too gunshy to pull the trigger at the end of his dropback.

7 sacks cuz their offensive line stinks. Hence, no rushing yards either. Their defence is doing great considering their lack of personnel, but offence will continue to be mediocre at best till offensive line is upgraded

14 minutes ago, grb said:

In another thread, HappyDays researched how many teams won with 63 or less rushing yards while allowing 194 or more rushing yards from the other side. The answer was :

• 10 wins
  • 197 losses

197 "pedestrian game managers", no doubt.......

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/197928-the-rockpile-review-good-gets-bad-bad-gets-good/?page=2

....NO idea what your point is with such a wild spread as in 63 vs 194 on the other side....one stat is offense vs the other defense.......63 obviously earns you the "L" unless we're back in the days of Air Coryell and Dan Fouts....surrendering 194 earns you the SAME "L"........offensive balance is the key IMO......CONSERVATIVELY, I think 150 on the ground and 250 in the air nets you 400 yds weekly or 4,640 yds for the season which should put you in the mix consistently...pick your poison on the defensive side as far as what yards constitiute "bend but don't break"........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 2017-11-03 at 2:18 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

Jury is still out, I'm not going to pile on him because of last night. But if the wheels come off in the next few games he'll be part of the reason why.

As for a real franchise QB, still think we have one developing on the bench right now but he's obviously not going to play this year unless Taylor gets hurt or is truly terrible in the next few games.

Omg please don’t say your talking about Peterman lol

Why is everyone bashing Tyrod here? He has no real weapons to throw to and an offensive line that doesn’t allow him enough time to throw the ball further than 10 yards at a time. The problem is not discipline anymore as we have a real coach now, the problem is offensive line and lack of quality receivers. Even when his receivers were open they have been dropping balls like high school players. Tyron’s talents are being wasted on a dismal offensive team because lack of quality personnel. Wide receiver and he offensive line need to be address via the next draft or will be another long season next year of mediocrity......

18 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

I feel like we all decided TT probably wasn't a franchise QB at some point this season.  So that's a big reason why this debate is silly and tired.  It's picking at straws.

We all decided and so it must be? There are 16 games in the season and Taylor still has eight more. Nothing has been decided. I don't agree with the OP, either. The course of the season needs to run out before the coach/GM deciding what he really is, anyway.

Our opinions as fans mean absolute squat.

i've been listening to what McDermott has been saying and watching team moves like our acquisition of Benjamin along with watching Taylor actually play.

Seems pretty clear Taylor's making the most of his opportunity and McDermott likes what he sees out of Taylor as a QB and a leader.

I think it's almost inevitable yet again the way I thought last offseason that Taylor's still our starter next year. And that's another 16 games. And more of an opportunity to prove himself. And if he plays well next year on a (we assume) more talented team then you can bet he's likely going to be back for the 5th straight year as the Bills starter.

At that point is the conversation really still "is he a franchise QB?"

I just think the dominoes have started falling in favor of Taylor's long term prospects in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We all decided and so it must be? There are 16 games in the season and Taylor still has eight more. Nothing has been decided. I don't agree with the OP, either. The course of the season needs to run out before the coach/GM deciding what he really is, anyway.

Our opinions as fans mean absolute squat.

i've been listening to what McDermott has been saying and watching team moves like our acquisition of Benjamin along with watching Taylor actually play.

Seems pretty clear Taylor's making the most of his opportunity and McDermott likes what he sees out of Taylor as a QB and a leader.

I think it's almost inevitable yet again the way I thought last offseason that Taylor's still our starter next year. And that's another 16 games. And more of an opportunity to prove himself. And if he plays well next year on a (we assume) more talented team then you can bet he's likely going to be back for the 5th straight year as the Bills starter.

At that point is the conversation really still "is he a franchise QB?"

I just think the dominoes have started falling in favor of Taylor's long term prospects in Buffalo.

No, we all decided so maybe we could stop having the same debate everyday when everyone is basically on the same page.  Grand scheme, TT has not proven to be a franchise QB, today.  We all agree.  The degree of how close he is or how much or little he sucks is picking at straws.  No reason for another 20 page topic about it.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

No, we all decided so maybe we could stop having the same debate everyday when everyone is basically on the same page.  Grand scheme, TT has not proven to be a franchise QB, today.  We all agree.  The degree of how close he is or how much or little he sucks is picking at straws.  No reason for another 20 page topic about it.

We all probably agreed he hadn't proven he was a Franchise QB. I still don't think he has. But I'm pretty sure he's played games since then and has at least 8 more to go this season.

If the 2nd half of the season he's worse than he was in the 1st half and we lose a lot and miss the playoffs, we all know he's not and that he'll be replaced. If he almost exactly resembles his first half of the season or is even better with weapons like Benjamin and Clay coming back and we make the playoffs. I think the answer to whether Taylor is our Franchise QB swings towards yes.

This is still a conversation for good reason.

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We all probably agreed he hadn't proven he was a Franchise QB. I still don't think he has. But I'm pretty sure he's played games since then and has at least 8 more to go this season.

If the 2nd half of the season he's worse than he was in the 1st half and we lose a lot and miss the playoffs, we all know he's not and that he'll be replaced. If he almost exactly resembles his first half of the season or is even better with weapons like Benjamin and Clay coming back and we make the playoffs. I think the answer to whether Taylor is our Franchise QB swings towards yes.

This is still a conversation for good reason.

If's and buts.  Lots to consider. 

1 hour ago, Strethor said:

He's a frustratingly intriguing bridge quarterback.. How long that bridge is depends on a ton of factors but it's very clear he is not the long term guy imo

The bridge to watching other teams in the playoffs.

I dont blame the loss on tyrod. Maybe only 2 sacks were on him. The rest were on the o line and OC play calling. Just bad. Looked like they didnt even oreosre? Thanks to Folz i was actually at the game. We came out flat. Flatter than an undeveloped asian girls breasts

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We are certainly in agreement here. Fortunately he’s 20-17 so he’s scored enough against more than half of the teams he’s faced.

We didn't win because of him we won in spite of him. Lots of backup QBs can come in and do just enough to get a win especially at home. Looking at those games this season the D was the reason we won.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

If's and buts.  Lots to consider. 

The biggest "if" in what I said is probably the playoffs, though. Taylor's a pretty consistent QB throughout his career in the sense that his bad isn't nearly as bad as the worst you've seen from the likes of Bortles, Winston or Cousins. With the addition of Benjamin and Clay coming back, I actually think the first part of that "if" you're so skeptical of is pretty likely.

It's the playoffs part that's still the question, but we're still in pretty good position even for that.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

27 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

We didn't win because of him we won in spite of him. Lots of backup QBs can come in and do just enough to get a win especially at home. Looking at those games this season the D was the reason we won.

Got it so we won 20 times in spite of him and lost 17 times because of him. Thanks for your continued contributions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

List all the backup QBs that can come in and "do just enough to win."  There are starters that aren't even doing that.

Should have been 10 to 10 at the half and the facemask on 2nd and 11 made it first and 10 on the 20 instead of 3rd and 20 at the 44.  Three plays later they scored the TD to go ahead 17 to 7 when it should have still been 10 to 10.  Minus the boneheaded plays Taylor throws for 300 and we win that game.  People debate Taylor endlessly yet over and over when the defense plays well and we don't get boneheaded penalties we win more often than not.  It's really that simple.  It should be reasuring that winning is lagely on us.  The problem is that we have made those mistakes and lost for the last 17 years.  That needs to change.