Tyrod Played Vary Well Last Night

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The offensive line did him no favors, but he is still (and I think always will be) just a hair slow in committing to making his throws. That is part of the reason he has such a low turnover rate, but also what is keeping him from taking the next step.

If we have to play from behind by more than 2 scores we will struggle.

What QB would have done better with the terrible line play last night?

Any that can get the ball out on time, half the sacks where on him.

Also to slow down that pass rush getting the ball out quick backs them off.

TT flaws HAVE INFLUENCE on the bad play of the OL, but hey that is understanding total football, not scapegoating a player or a position group to defend another player that is just not good enough

NOT you...just sayin

Ok tell me oooo great one what good QB play am I missing? HA HA HA

Which ones? I counted one that was probably on Tyrod, the sack by Lee near the end of the first half.

By the way, you were nowhere to be found after the Raiders win. Why are you back, flooding the board with your crusading posts now?

Also to slow down that pass rush getting the ball out quick backs them off.

TT flaws HAVE INFLUENCE on the bad play of the OL, but hey that is understanding total football, not scapegoating a player or a position group to defend another player that is just not good enough

Ok tell me oooo great one what good QB play am I missing? HA HA HA

The O line was horrible last night.

It almost has the quality of a thought experiment.

Can you image a game where :

(1) The Bills lose.

(2) Overall the team plays poorly - in many cases very poorly

(3) But Taylor still plays pretty well

(4) And yet TT's critics not blame the loss on him?

And blame with seething spittle-spraying rage, no less. Of course it wasn't a perfect test of the issue. Lord knows Taylor's fumble was ugly enough. But I'm more and more convinced such a game cannot be imagined. Given the personalities involved, it would be like trying to imagine a square circle......

Call me crazy but this was Tyrods best game of the season. We should have been passing the ball all night.

It was up there. He was locked in! In the GDT ,at the game, I was screaming for them to pass on those 2nd/3rd and shorts where we lost yards usually. We just couldn't give him a clean pocket on any type of consistent basis. Very encouraged by his play. 3 straight now where Taylor has looked very good

Ha ha ha OK no it really didn't, but some of us around here understand what Good QB play looks like, Not just settling on the Best QB play of the drought play, or best QB play he have had in awhile argument

Guess you didnt watch the game.....

The O-line did him no favors and the play calling was a stake in the heart. I think they should have trusted TT to go up-tempo earlier. Had to spread them out and beat them with the pass. TT looked up to the task, but they kept plowing Shady and Tolbert head first into the brick wall. I know nothing about Dennison (really) and certainly have no view on whether he should be fired. Having said that - if TT is your guy this year (and I hope longer) Dennison needs to trust him to open it up when that is what the game demands. He didn't last night and should have. TT threw well and stood to have a much better result with a little help from his OC - despite the OL.

Which ones? I counted one that was probably on Tyrod, the sack by Lee near the end of the first half.

By the way, you were nowhere to be found after the Raiders win. Why are you back, flooding the board with your crusading posts now?

OOO No the crusading comment again, really guys these recycled excuses are fun.

Where was I after the Raider game, search my posts I was here

The offensive line did him no favors, but he is still (and I think always will be) just a hair slow in committing to making his throws. That is part of the reason he has such a low turnover rate, but also what is keeping him from taking the next step.

If we have to play from behind by more than 2 scores we will struggle.

As Romo said at the outset: Tyrod needs to trust his eyes if he wants to take that next step.

This WR group not looking so bad anymore, and not just the addition of KB. Dennison's got a week and a half to find a way to utilize them in such a way that the OL doesn't have to hold up for 3-4 seconds just to get a pass completed. Afraid this one's on him and tt

Don't see how you can put that game on Taylor. Agreed ball could have come out earlier - sometimes. Sometimes he did it perfectly and I recall Romo praising "that is high level quarterback play" at one point. His progress is obvious, and while he could have done some things better there is no way that is on Taylor. O-line and OC had bad nights (not to mention to fumbled receptions where TT was on target).

Er, "two"

Why does everyone want to make excuses for Tyrod? He has a ceiling and it was very evident last night. The Jets gameplan for him was brilliant but simple:

1) shut down the run

2) rush 4 with a fifth as a spy focused on TT

3) collapse the center of the pocket and clog traditional throwing lanes

Tyrod can’t win without the running game. It’s really that simple. He can’t put a team on his back and carry it. This may be unfair because very few can do so however the Brady’s, Rogers, Brees, etc. of the world can.

Yes, the rest of the team around him have to play well but the QB is far more than just 1/11’th of the offense. Last night TT was 1/11’th of a very bad offense.

Bobby youre getting beat up in this thread worse than Tyrod did last night. Take the L and move on. Anyone objective watching the game knows he played well enough to win. Cant lay every loss on the QB when his receivers have 2 fumbles, bad pass protection, bad running game, bad play calling. Nothing went right except for Tyrod throwing the ball.

@WGR550

McDermott - I think Tyrod continues to develop as a QB. He threw the ball fairly accurate throughout the night with guys in his face. #Bills

I figured this is what the coaches saw too. It was obvious to anyone watching the game who doesnt have an agenda.