What do you think our draft needs are right now?

On 11/3/2017 at 9:56 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Obviously QB but also WR, DT, LB

IMO at least

CBF

Wow, good question, lucky we have so many picks next draft. Aside from your list I'd add offensive line as a major need.  TE can't be ignored either, can't count on Clay.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think I’d do both. The right side of my line would be Groy and Dawkins coming out of this mini bye.

Yup, right where I'm at.

Also, since this is a draft thread I'll trumpet one of my peeves with league scheduling.  They need to swap the draft and the FA period.  Put the draft first, then let teams go to FA to fill out their roster.

8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Yup, right where I'm at.

Also, since this is a draft thread I'll trumpet one of my peeves with league scheduling.  They need to swap the draft and the FA period.  Put the draft first, then let teams go to FA to fill out their roster.

I agree!! That’s how they do it in the NBA and it works well. 

The QB subject is not one I would touch with this regime. This is NOT a I don't like Tyrod post, just an observation.

They chose TT as their starter (cool makes sense). They got Peterman (kid actually looks decent). They knew from watching past film (and still know) TT's sttengths and weaknesses and have seen improvements (as have I) but yet still calls plays that totally go against his strengths.

The biggest question mark I have is from the Thursday night game when the game was CLEARLY over, Tyrod was still sent out to the huddle. Why not put Peterman in at that point? Did you really think you were going to come back and pull a miracle? If TT is your starter, why risk getting him injured in a point of the game where it doesn't make sense to have him out there?

To the topic at hand:

I would like a QB in the draft but ONLY if we draft him early. If it's past the 2nd round, I want to stay away from drafting a QB.

But I would like our first four picks to be linemen... 2 OL and 2 DL. Then LB, CB, and TE... Anything after that I don't care what they do...

We're gonna need a Kyle replacement, a Dareus replacement (or someone who can reach the potential he never did) and a better pass rusher opposite Hughes. We been getting 0 pressure on the QB rushing just 4.

OL is the biggest issue. What's so difficult with trying out new things? Why not try Dawkins at RT? Why not try Groy at RG next to Dawkins? I've seen many teams in the past flip their linemen around midseason and have it work. Why don't we? 

But if we dont draft a QB with the 1st two picks, then I say please don't draft a QB at all. I'm willing to stick with Tyrod and Peterman as long as they give them protection on the O-line.

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Interesting question and in hindsight the answer is yes. ZB would have made us better than Lorax at this ppount. 

Agree. I always loved ZB's hustle on every play. I have not watched him much this year but I know he leads the league in tackles.

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You again...shocker you are defending an OC whose accomplished very little in his career and blaming the head scratching play calls like draws to Tolbert on long downs on TT.  At least you are consistent in your biased assessments.  

And your consistent with your blame anybody instead of the AVG QB at his ceiling biased assessments 

I no particular Order ... but maybe

QB (if right one is there) .. Thoughts on Mayfield?

DT -- Need bodies for Dareus trade and aging Williams if returns at all

OT - I want Incognito's nephew if one exists ... Big Nasty

TE - Clay can't stay healthy .. though like him ... he has Watkinsitis ... O'Leary is serviceable but not the answer .. hated that fumble last week

LB - If Kuechly or Thomas (McD's Panther LB's) are in the draft .. go get them

WR - Hopefully Zay's game last week are more of things to come and impressed he came back from that ugly knee tweak ... but ... need bodies there too

On 11/3/2017 at 10:38 AM, SaviorPeterman said:

In order of importance:

1) RT & RG - Ducasse and Mills are still terrible and have no business being NFL starters, amazing Taylor hasn't been killed yet.

2) DT - KW is showing his age and the rest of these guys are backup caliber period. Run defense is going to revert back to Rex type of numbers the rest of the way after last night.

3) LB - I would argue all three positions, Preston Brown is overrated and Humber and Zo are full time starting LB's. Time to put Milano back in and see if he can be a starter the rest of the way.

4) RB -Tolbert shouldn't be getting valuable carries.

5) DB - Wright was fine last week but back to being a liability against the Jets. Can't depend on Gaines to stay healthy even if we keep him

Good news is we should be able to address most of these positions with our draft picks without even considering FA moves first.

FIXED! 

OG, OT, DT, LB, RB

Fix the lines and that should be the biggest need. Then LBer, RB.  QB remains a concern and will depend on how well TT does the rest of the season. However, it wasn't his fault for the constant jailbreak on Thursday night.

P.S. Geez, no rookie QB if they fail to fix that Oline!

Edited by Nihilarian

QB - Tyrod is ok but we need a QB that could be great

OT - Mills needs replacing and they don't seem to want to give Dawkins a shot at RT.

DT - Dareus was sent packing and they had to talk Kyle into not retiring to play this year. I think he does retire after this season

OG - If Miller can't beat out Ducasse then Guard should be a priority

LB - Replacing one of our 3 starters should be an easy decision

WR - Somebody fast, elusive, can catch and who isn't made of glass

DE - Hughes and his contract could be unloaded after this season. If so, we need a DE.

DT - Need a 2nd if Kyle hangs em up

CB - Late round choice to add "competition"