The Brownsiest Brownsing even for the Browns

YoloinOhio

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Hue. He deserves better.

did you see the snitch emails from the member of the Browns FO to the media complaining that the GM went home at 5 pm the day before the trade deadline and had no idea Jimmy G. was traded... they had to call him. this brings back so many memories of the Marrone/Whaley days with the leaks

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/925765851717890048

I can't remember anything like this. If the Browns cc'd the NFL on the e-mail the deal would of happened. Marvin Lewis is happy the deal fell through. The only way this gets better is if Dalton goes down and McCarron leads the Bengals to win the division.

i mean, its the same as being a Bills fan over the last 2 decades. People are born into it and cant just turn it off.

Ehh. The Bills have been mostly between below average and bad the past 17 years with some boneheaded moves sprinkled in. The Browns right now are a legitimate clown show.

I'm aware that the difference is not that great and as Bills fans, we don't have a lot of room to talk. That said, the Browns are on their own level when it comes to horribly managed sports franchises.

Here's part of why I say this. As someone that lives in DC and wears Bills stuff all the time, I talk to random Bills / NFL fans fairly often. Non Bills fans are almost always surprised when I tell them they have the longest playoff drought in the NFL. People know they aren't very good, but like I said, it's not at the laughably bad level the Browns are at.

did you see the snitch emails from the member of the Browns FO to the media complaining that the GM went home at 5 pm the day before the trade deadline and had no idea Jimmy G. was traded... they had to call him. this brings back so many memories of the Marrone/Whaley days with the leaks

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/925765851717890048

That is brutal.

I grew up in Ohio and jumped on the Bills bandwagon when I was 6 or so. It hasn't been a whole lot better over the years, but man am I glad I didn't start liking the Browns.

That is just sad for the Cleveland fans....as though they do not already have enough misery.....

They're OK. All the Brownie fans I know in Cleveland have transitioned to being Ohio State fans.

Not good for the NFL, however, to have an amateur hour franchise like this year after year...

Ehh. The Bills have been mostly between below average and bad the past 17 years with some boneheaded moves sprinkled in. The Browns right now are a legitimate clown show.

I'm aware that the difference is not that great and as Bills fans, we don't have a lot of room to talk. That said, the Browns are on their own level when it comes to horribly managed sports franchises.

Here's part of why I say this. As someone that lives in DC and wears Bills stuff all the time, I talk to random Bills / NFL fans fairly often. Non Bills fans are almost always surprised when I tell them they have the longest playoff drought in the NFL. People know they aren't very good, but like I said, it's not at the laughably bad level the Browns are at.

That is brutal.

I grew up in Ohio and jumped on the Bills bandwagon when I was 6 or so. It hasn't been a whole lot better over the years, but man am I glad I didn't start liking the Browns.

I completely agree that the Bills have at least fielded decent teams over the years despite no playoffs. They have been much better than the Browns overall. I just mean all the disappointment and Why do I do this to myself fan moments we experience, yet here we are!

I completely agree that the Bills have at least fielded decent teams over the years despite no playoffs. They have been much better than the Browns overall. I just mean all the disappointment and Why do I do this to myself fan moments we experience, yet here we are!

In that case, you are 100% correct.

F'ing sports man, mostly lows, but I can't turn away.

To be fair to MKC, who I have met and believe is a very good reporter, she updated her story for accuracy:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_failed_to_approve_trade.html

I’ve also met MKC. She is not particularly well thought of by most Cleveland fans. It’s due to her not really having any sources of her own and recycling material from others. Also her opinions about whom the Browns should draft have been about as bad as the actual drafting. She’s doesn’t do anything bad or unethical and she’s not a shill. She is a good source for casual fans who want a summary of what’s happening with the Cleveland teams. She doesn’t break any news, dig deep or do a lot of legwork though. And if there is something false floating around as fact she will perpetuate it -not maliciously though.

Poor Hue. He deserves better.

I don't think so. He knew what he was getting into. They fire coaches almost yearly and have a history of disfunction that is almost unrivaled in all the years of the NFL. When you choose to go there thinking somehow things will be different this time, I'd say you are getting what you deserve.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Perfect next move for the Browns: hire Rex.

Im heading the Bungles did their part in screwing this up too by not reading an email from the Browns from a 2nd tier manager.

Which had the proper docs.

They didnt see the email because it came from Sashis assistant and Sashi was the one they had been working with. Also, the email was supposed to go to the league office, not to them. Its not their responsibility to forward the Browns paperwork to the league. The process is actually very fast - all they had to do was contact the league office electronically or by phone and tell them they agree to the trade. The paperwork itself didnt even need to be in by 4. That can be sent after the fact. But they didnt even do the first part. Bill Polian was on radio today explaining it. Edited by YoloinOhio