[closed]Kelvin Benjamin ...

Benjamin has had injury issues. He missed all of 2015 with an ACL injury, and has been complaining of persistent soreness in that knee.

Panthers trade Benjamin to Bills

Adding Benjamin will give Taylor a big-bodied receiver who can win on the outside and should help open more holes for the running game, especially in the red zone. The wideout, however, comes with injury risk and was dealing with a sore knee earlier this month.

Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin frustrated by knee, and performance, after loss to Bears

Carolina Panthers wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin said he walked out of a practice last week because he was frustrated about another injury to his surgically repaired knee.

But Benjamin made it through Sunday’s loss to Chicago, and looked none the worse for wear.

Benjamin left Wednesday’s practice early on his own, unaccompanied by any member of the training staff. He said Sunday he let his frustrations get the best of him.

“My knee was still kind of a little sore and I was just frustrated with that. It just didn’t feel right. It didn’t feel good,” Benjamin said. “So I was still just kind of frustrated because I had the surgery and I’m still kind of dealing with it, with the same knee.

Edited by Rubes

And those threads have their own discussions about Trade details, matchups, naming their kids Kelvin.

But this right here ... Panthers trade Kelvin and pick up his option ... hmmm ... Im guessing he has an injury that might take awhile to heal.

They also have an emerging WR in Devin Funchess to replace KB.

Why they traded him: He showed up fat this camp, has a sore knee, and Panthers have other guys they are using/like.

Why we picked him up: He has slimmed down, our guys know and like him and his work ethic, will risk the knee for 1M this year and 8M next, and we don't have other guys we like as much.

In the end, we get a low risk option on guy that has a ton of talent, has played well in the league, and is big! The size of Tyrod's receiving options is amazing now. We are giants.

The question that no one is asking is why would the Panthers trade him?

The panthers GM answered it. They wanted to play guys with more speed and more varied skillsets....guys who were already on their roster that they couldn't play for some reason until they traded Benjamin.

I remember his game against our team earlier in the year. He made some great catches, got completely jacked....and I thought he was out for the game, but he came back in and continued being a nuisance.

he is big an not easily covered. His size and range of catching it known. He doesn't always have the best hands but he also has a lot of poor passes lofted his way.

He will excel in zone coverages because he isnnotneasily covered by just any corner or dB. He needs a physical CB like Gilmore to match up against him. Gilmore struggles with Benjamin because Benjamin has some Steve Johnson in him with route running.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.