TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

He keeps his job because he's controversial and people listen and call in to his show. If everybody just ignored him, he'd probably go away.

One way?

Sure! Ill pay to get back, and hope my wife hasnt moved in the meantime......wait....maybe I should stick closer to home? Edited by Augie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea. I'm in the NYC market, we have Francesa and Michael Kay at those time slots, two very different shows, different vibes , and the talent level compared to Schopp and his dog are enormous.. I guess it was wishful thinking when the Pegula's purchased the team, stadium upgrades, roster upgrade, that they would upgrade that time slot as well.

patience young grasshopper.

TBN is already going through an overhaul so it's likely only a matter of time for those clowns. They are the Peter Gibbons of buffalo sports. They do enough not to get fired.

Classic BBFS, man. Unless you were being sarcastic

Yep and allow the 1.5 weeks before the next game for the 'connection' to start building.

No, it’s BBFS for sure. I see him as being a much bigger factor than Clay, which was seen at the time as a huge deal. I was less excited. I like Clay, but I think this is more impactful. We shall see.

I'm late to the party because the Bills only make big deals on nights when I am out at events....

If Benjamin is right, focussed, head on straight, at the right weight he is a #1 WR. If he is not then he can be slow, lumbering and of limited use. The Bills will need him to buy into the process. But the price is reasonable, a 3rd and a 7th for a18 months control and the chance to make him earn an extension.

I'm sure this has been said already, but to me it is a sign they see an opportunity this year and Beane indicated as much when he spoke. Has their mind set changed between the day they traded Sammy and today? I think it must have, because there are personality questions about Benjamin too... maybe it is just a case they see him as "one of them" but familiarity is sometimes a bad basis on which to evaluate.

Call me excited but cautious.

This is how I feel as well.

Glad to get Benjamin for that price..........but I think Watkins is a better WR and was a MUCH better fit for Tyrod's game......and perhaps most importantly they had experience together and were poised for a big season together.

Kind of an admission of error in trading Watkins by McD and Beane, IMO.

The fact that they were trying to get the troubled deep threat Martavis Byrant and then the very different Benjamin tells me they were pretty desperate for help at WR and afraid that the self inflicted positional weakness was going to cost them games.

Be interesting to see if Benjamin can assimilate into the offense quickly because he's probably not going to be able to just run 9's and deep post routes.......... and if Tyrod will have enough trust to throw to him even though he isn't a getting separation.

Carolina claims to have traded Benjamin because they already had size in Funchess and wanted more speed/quickness.........well the Bills kinda' have that same issue with Zay, Matthews and now Benjamin.

I don't think the 3 give them enough speed to stretch the field so it's probably 3 guys for 2 positions and Matthews being the FA will likely be the odd man out in 2018 and they will still probably be looking for a speed guy unless Deonte keeps making strides.

Glad to get Benjamin for that price..........but I think Watkins is a better WR and was a MUCH better fit for Tyrod's game......and perhaps most importantly they had experience together and were poised for a big season together.

The fact that they were trying to get the troubled deep threat Martavis Byrant and then the very different Benjamin tells me they were pretty desperate for help at WR and afraid that the self inflicted positional weakness was going to cost them games.

Be interesting to see if Benjamin can assimilate into the offense quickly because he's probably not going to be able to just run 9's and deep post routes.......... and if Tyrod will have enough trust to throw to him even though he isn't a getting separation.

Carolina claims to have traded Benjamin because they already had size in Funchess and wanted more speed/quickness.........well the Bills kinda' have that same issue with Zay, Matthews and now Benjamin.

I don't think the 3 give them enough speed to stretch the field so it's probably 3 guys for 2 positions and Matthews being the FA will likely be the odd man out in 2018 and they will still probably be looking for a speed guy unless Deonte keeps making strides.

I can't disagree with this. The Watkins trade was kind of what had me wanting the FO to make a move for a WR today. It's far enough in the rear view that I'm over it but the position is lacking. The interest in Bryant is telling, as you mentioned. I'd rather have kept SW and also made the move for Matthews. A zone corner could have been had from elsewhere or possibly just a draft pick to LA for Gaines. That said, I'm glad they made the move and the cost paid was reasonable .

I love tall receivers. Dude is big, tall, fast, physical and young. Sign him LT if possible and the WR position is taken care off. Benjamin/Matthews on the sides, Jones in the slot. . .Holmes/Tate as 4 and 5th on those sets. . .Clay and O'Leary as TEs.

WR suddenly went from liability to strength with this trade!

Yea but Sammy had major injury questions and was gone after the year or would cost huge $$.. Also we got an immediate starting CB and 2nd Rd pick..

I think Zay hasn't produced as envisioned and when Matthews and Clay were out, we were too thin at WR to win consistently..

Even if this was the case, Bills still won imo..

We essentially Gave up Sammy + a 3rd (1of2) , for Benjamin/Gaines and a 2nd ,I'd take the latter all day..

Thats an interesting theory. You could tell mcd was kinda ticked off after sammy had that good thursday night game. Could be a sort of make up from beane

Watkins attitude is what got him traded. Just wasn't a team guy...he was a me guy. This is a team and Watkins didn't fit.

Do we know if KB is a team guy? Most of these wr's are divas. Some have said he had a bad attitude. Ive watched him play but wasnt aware of that. Hes not going to catch a lot of passes here, thats just the reality. Tyrod isnt that type of passer. Thats why i worry if he will want to stay here. Its why woods left too

Benjamin has a similar reputation.... which is what makes the trade odd considering the culture they are trying to put in place here.

Really?

Not doubting this, just cannot recall ever hearing anything like this.. I also trust Beane and McD at this point, as Beane said, he knows Benjamin very well , was part of drafting him in 14 and feels he will be a great fit to the team and what they're building..