Trades that should happen: Cordy Glenn to Giants

Peace Frog

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the Bills were interested in dealing Glenn and the Giants were willing to deal, I don't think it would get done before the deadline. With the trades Mr. Beane has pulled off so far, I think we would win either way. Glenn stays and starts or we gain additional draft capital and cap savings.

I agree. We seem to be the winners in our trades but losing a starting LT is tough for the team!

This was posted from Mike Sando at ESPN. Sorry but it is an Insider article and requires membership.

Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

4hMike Sando

Trades that should happen: Cordy Glenn to Giants

Acquiring Glenn would let the Giants move current left tackle Ereck Flowers to the right side, while the Bills might prefer the Giants as a trading partner due to New York's poor record this season.

Your thoughts?

Update: found it. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/30/nfl-trade-deadline-players-teams-larry-fitzgerald-chiefs-cowboys-steelers/812211001/

Garbage.

Glen is a top 15 pick or not going anywhere in my book. Even if we got a 1 from a crap team I still would question it (although I would do it). He's good...why not just keep him?

what again is the motivation to trade him?

maybe i missed that bit

what again is the motivation to trade him?

maybe i missed that bit

Apparently (according to the article the OP linked) trading Glenn would allow Buffalo to shed a hefty contract? Not quite sure why the author thinks that is a priority for the team, especially since they are contending and have rid themselves of dareus, gilmore and watkins, all guys who were either already making big money or were going to command it. Just another dumb national reporter that knows literally nothing about the Bills but needs to throw something together for their editor.

He's not going anywhere. Leroi said in Shoutbox earlier don't expect anything substantial tomorrow.

cool.

that one Guy i really would be pained to see let go, and would have to seriously ponder. Made peace with the rest of McBeanes moves. don't need much more drama this year from the FO personally.

Apparently (according to the article the OP linked) trading Glenn would allow Buffalo to shed a hefty contract? Not quite sure why the author thinks that is a priority for the team, especially since they are contending and have rid themselves of dareus, gilmore and watkins, all guys who were either already making big money or were going to command it. Just another dumb national reporter that knows literally nothing about the Bills but needs to throw something together for their editor.

and yet we have folks getting on board here.

Cordy earned his contract fair and square. Some folks forgot how solid he is when he was not starting earlier.

How quickly folks want the next pretty face :D the greener grass and all that bs

Just for the record: I wish for Cordy Glenn to remain a Buffalo Bill and healthy. Neither one of those is up to me. If the Beane-meister feels he can make a big deal for him then so be it. I've been fine with most of the personnel moves so far so I'll keep trusting The Process®.

In three games Glenn has started and finished, McCoy has 353 rushing yards and 3 TD's .

In the four games where Glenn missed time due to injury (most of Carolina game, all of Denver & Atlanta, and parts of Cincinnati game) McCoy has 168 rushing yards and 0 TD's.

Glenn isn't going anywhere.