Trades that should happen: Cordy Glenn to Giants

Peace Frog

I hope the Bills don't trade Glenn. (You don't typically get better by trading away franchise LTs)

But the Giants are 1-6... if they offered up a 1st round pick (which could end up being really high in the 1st round) I think I'd take it. (If Seattle offered a 1st I'd say no. And if any team offered a 2nd that wouldn't be nearly enough)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the Bills were interested in dealing Glenn and the Giants were willing to deal, I don't think it would get done before the deadline. With the trades Mr. Beane has pulled off so far, I think we would win either way. Glenn stays and starts or we gain additional draft capital and cap savings.

F the "draft capital"! Are the Bills interested in winning or they just interested in putting a few more $ in the Pegula's coffers? If the Bills trade Glenn now, then they prove they really have no interest in putting a winning team on the field. A team can NEVER have too many good OTs, and the Bills have a good one in his prime in Glenn, a decent young prospect in Dawkins, and ordinary or less quality in the others. That's actually about average for NFL teams. The OL is just getting healthy, and it looks like they're adapting, finally, to the new blocking schemes as they're giving Taylor more time to throw and opening holes for the RBs.

Glenn for a high second or an older, disgruntled player? No bueno. We have enough draft picks the next two years to bring in plenty of talent.

Stupid teams trade a good to very good LT for draft picks. Cordy's contract is reasonable and it will only get better over time as contract inflation at the position inevitably occurs.

Re OP: ESPN is a mouthpiece for the Bristol Patriots*. I'm sure they think trading Glenn away is a trade that should happen.

Truth! Apparently, some fans figure that the 2018 draft is so overloaded with talent that every player taken before the 7th round will become a superstar. It doesn't work that way.

Edited by SoTier

Why are people so eager to get rid of Glenn? Is Glenn hated in the locker room? I haven't heard any reports of that so unless that's the case I find it perplexing as to why fans of the team would want to trade away the starting left tackle of the team whose return has coincided with drastically improved O-line play.

I get that Glenn has a big contract and some injury issues but he is back healthy and playing dam well. He isn't a sore thumb in the locker room nor is unproductive or under performing. Why on Earth would you want to trade away the anchor to the O-line?

I hope the Bills don't trade Glenn. (You don't typically get better by trading away franchise LTs)

But the Giants are 1-6... if they offered up a 1st round pick (which could end up being really high in the 1st round) I think I'd take it. (If Seattle offered a 1st I'd say no. And if any team offered a 2nd that wouldn't be nearly enough)

I also don't see the Giants making a deal until during the season. I get that the Giants biggest issue is their O-line but Glenn isn't going to fix that and even if Glenn did at 1-6 they aren't going anywhere even if Glenn dramatically improves their O-line.

The Giants season has slipped too far away from them to invest a high draft pick to win this season. This type of deal would likely happen in the off-season, the Giants might be interested in the deal but likely don't want that contract on the books until next season.

F the "draft capital"! Are the Bills interested in winning or they just interested in putting a few more $ in the Pegula's coffers? If the Bills trade Glenn now, then they prove they really have no interest in putting a winning team on the field. A team can NEVER have too many good OTs, and the Bills have a good one in his prime in Glenn, a decent young prospect in Dawkins, and ordinary or less quality in the others. That's actually about average for NFL teams. The OL is just getting healthy, and it looks like they're adapting, finally, to the new blocking schemes as they're giving Taylor more time to throw and opening holes for the RBs.

Truth! Apparently, some fans figure that the 2018 draft is so overloaded with talent that every player taken before the 7th round will become a superstar. It doesn't work that way.

What's it like being wrong? By my reckoning you've been wrong on Watkins and dareus. Probably wrong on Glenn too. Get with the program.

Yes. It's subterfuge just as the running game is coming alive with Glenn's return to the OL. To hell with OL working as a unit and a chance at the playoffs. Must have more picks!!!!!

Same response I gave to sotier.