Judge: Is Buffalo legit threat to the Pats in the AFCE?

We've beat them a few times and it didn't change anything, did it?

True that. And those wins are too far and few between and never late int he season when it matters most. We beat them twice in December this year? Then yeah, we're a legit threat. Otherwise, no.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call the Pats "weak" by any means but they are perhaps the most vulnerable they've been in quite a while. They're missing one of their primary offensive weapons in Edelman, they may lose Hogan who's role increased with Edelman out of the lineup. Hightower is done for the year and they don't have much of a pass rush.

But, I'll never count them out as long as Brady is back there doing his thing. Far too often it's been predicted that they'd fall from grace eventually, even with the super-duo of TB an BB but the only way this team is ever really gonna be out of it is if TB or BB hang it up. With those two still at it, they're always a contender.

For me, the true test for the Bills is the Chiefs. They are fundamentally sound, don't make mistakes and can hit a big play at anytime. Their defense has slipped a bit these past few games but overall, I still think they're the best team the Bills will face this season.

19, 24, 23, 21. NE's point total since week 5.

20, 30, 34 Buffalo's point total since week 5 (which included defensive scoring)

PPG those defenses give up respectively...

24, 23.2, 21.7, 19

Bills defense ppg given up...

PPG Pats give up...

Pats are beatable this year. They pretty much only score what a defense averages per game and I think Hogan being out will hurt them even more. He might be back by then though, but I don't see Gilmore on this team anymore.

Edited by Scott7975

24, 23.2, 21.7, 19

23 point 2 and 21 point 7???

the last 4 as I see it

14 Tampa that missed 3 FG's
17 JETS
7 in a fog and Fireworks filled stadium where no one could see anything.
13 vs Chargers who are 0-5 with Rivers v Brady

OK OK... one week at a time .. must keep it grounded.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

PPG those defenses give up respectively...

24, 23.2, 21.7, 19

Bills defense ppg given up...

PPG Pats give up...

Pats are beatable this year.

Think about it this way.... in the back half of the season who is more likely to implode, the Cheats* or the Bills?

Then ask ... In the back half of the season who is more likely to improve week to week, the Cheats* or the Bills?

While 2017 is the possibly the year for change it is wishful thinking to think the Bills are already “there.” They must play out the season which is something they have not done since Kelly and friends left the field of play.

Not touting anything but remember they were a playoff team last year and started the season much worse than their current 4-3 record. I know some fans don't want to hear it but still think the loss against the Ravens was an anomaly and they will bounce back strong.

For all the talk about the AFCW being the best division in football, I believe the true claim is the AFCE. And you could very well see the division and both wildcard spots decided in december with H.U.G.E matchups pitting all 3 teams against twice even if the Pats continue to roll and don't lose another game until then.

Would certainly bring back memories of the good old days with the Bills and Dolphins facing eachother in high stakes games come December.

Worst scoring offense in the NFL, averaging 13.1 point per game. The fish do not concern me. The 40 point shutout loss to Baltimore is not an anomaly, it is regression to the mean. Miami sucks. The four wins they've got are the anomaly.

Think about it this way.... in the back half of the season who is more likely to implode, the Cheats* or the Bills?

Then ask ... In the back half of the season who is more likely to improve week to week, the Cheats* or the Bills?

While 2017 is the possibly the year for change it is wishful thinking to think the Bills are already “there.” They must play out the season which is something they have not done since Kelly and friends left the field of play.

This year ... Buffalo. These younger guys are hungry

One thing that will probably be different this year is that when we play our first game against the Pats (at Orchard Park), it will be late in the season and the teams are likely to be close in the standings, with the franchises battling it out for the AFCE lead. That has probably not happened in at least 20 years, since the "just give it to 'em" game. I can't wait.

I personally view this team as different this year. I see the Bills being able to improve every week and the Pats staying where they are or getting worse as they get more injuries. They are running out of targets to throw too. Brady is still Brady but they are nowhere near the same team as they have been in past years. Neither are the Bills which in our case is a good thing.

If I am wrong about that then so be it. I'll be wrong. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy the season and continue my belief in them.

They must play out the season which is something they have not done since Kelly and friends left the field of play.

I wuz in Nashville in 1999. That team could have won the SB, the defense was that good. Home Run Throwback aka "Music City Miracle".

I wish to god the schedule didn't have us playing the Patriots and Dolphins each twice, in December.

Agreed, it's a brutal finish regardless of whether or not the NFL thought the Bills would be good or not when they drew this thing up.

What sucks the most about not playing the fish or Pats yet is we truly don't know how good we are compared to them who were both playoff teams last year. Plus it's typically easier to catch the Pats early on and get a win against them vs playing them in December when they are near impossible to beat home or on the road.

But as a Bills fan you do have to appreciate that we will likely be involved in some meaningful games come December that very well may decide the division, wildcard race, AFC seeding etc.

I wish to god the schedule didn't have us playing the Patriots and Dolphins each twice, in December.

I don't understand this, especially with regard to the Pats. I think it's a major advantage not having to play the Pats until late. Same with the Dolphins, whose home field advantage disappears late in the season and who must hate coming to Orchard Park in the winter. (Early in the season, the Dolphins' homefield advantage is based on the overpowering heat and humidity, but that's not a factor in December.)

Edited by mannc

Agreed, it's a brutal finish regardless of whether or not the NFL thought the Bills would be good or not when they drew this thing up.

What sucks the most about not playing the fish or Pats yet is we truly don't know how good we are compared to them who were both playoff teams last year. Plus it's typically easier to catch the Pats early on and get a win against them vs playing them in December when they are near impossible to beat home or on the road.

But as a Bills fan you do have to appreciate that we will likely be involved in some meaningful games come December that very well may decide the division, wildcard race, AFC seeding etc.

Dude just stop. The Pats are still good but weaker than they have been. Miami is crap of a team that managed a few lucky wins. Their own coach is trashing them for how bad they are. The Bills have been a sound good football team. How can you seriously watch the Bills and then watch Miami, dog our team and praise theirs. Going to the playoffs LAST year means absolutely nothing.